koch bros want Mn

And they want it real bad. Yesterday was the last parade for the DFL in my county. My wife and I and our 2 dogs have worked them all since mem day.

The city of Cloquet has one of the biggest in the state so it brings in a sizable amount of candidates. I talked to most of them and right down to my state rep they have all been subject to a real smear campaign put out by groups associated to the kochs. Most have not even been seen by the gop candidates they have supported.

Mike Sundin who is my state rep for dist 11a has been smeared as a untrustworthy friend of eco terrorists is also a very good friend of mine. He told me yesterday that there is a national movement to turn Mn into a right to work state.

Joe Radinovich who is running for the seat being vacated by Rick Nolan told me that he is being called "soft on peodophilia". Personally I think Mike might be worried about the outcome because of the amount of money being poured into his opponents campaign by both the state and national committees of the gop.

I think some big mistakes have been made this year that could easily throw the 8th district red. In the last 70 years it's been solidly blue except for 2 years.

On a lighter note I haven't seen any evidence that vlad putin is active here yet.

Re: koch bros want Mn

The Koch's with their Americans for Prosperity funding machine, trying to buy the US state by state. They thought they captured WI but Scott Walker is according to the polls, vulnerable. Predictions are that his seat is a toss up - Evers (D) is ahead in the polls but his lead is within the margin of error. If Walker falls more state legislative races could change to blue.

What's your opinion of Tim Walz, Dem candidate for governor?
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:24 pm The Koch's with their Americans for Prosperity funding machine, trying to buy the US state by state. They thought they captured WI but Scott Walker is according to the polls, vulnerable. Predictions are that his seat is a toss up - Evers (D) is ahead in the polls but his lead is within the margin of error. If Walker falls more state legislative races could change to blue.

What's your opinion of Tim Walz, Dem candidate for governor?
I hope he can win, I think he has a good chance and I voted for him in the primary. Redistricting is coming up in 2020 and I don't want a republican as our governor. Thats all I'm going to say on that subject.

Minnesota Dem 2018 voting is triple the 2014 numbers. I think people have already figured out how to spot the Koch & Russian propaganda. Polls are looking good for DFL

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/04/64368687 ... -elections

Minnesota saw one of the biggest surges in Democratic ballots cast in the primary this year — a 206 percent increase from 2014. The state has four competitive House races this year, including two Twin Cities-area seats that Democrats hope to flip and two open Democratic-held seats on turf in districts President Trump carried by double digits two years ago. While the uptick in turnout is good news for Democrats, Republicans can hope that the 74 percent increase on their side will keep things competitive.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

There isn't any Russian propaganda, if you want to think there is go for it.

This is something the rnc has been trying to do for years. I was at my county DFL meeting last night and our state rep Mike Sundin was there.

He informed us that he and Rob Ecklund have been targeted by the rnc along with Joe Radinovich for the 8th district congressional seat.

The republicans want very much to take control of northeastern Mn and by taking 2 seats in the state legislature plus the 8th district congressional seat they can do it.

The steel tariffs is a stroke of genius and trump and pence have both visited Duluth this year stumping for gop candidates, that is unprecedented. In Rural Mn immigration and BLM are mostly non issues, JOBS and health care top the list. No cold war spy novel being acted out.

Looking at what Republicans have been doing across the country, they are far more divisive and obvious with their propaganda than any foreign country. I assume you are seeing the same thing in MN?

Good luck in MN! Things are optimistic in the Southeast. While unlikely, it is now not unthinkable to see wins across the deep south. It would be a shame to see the North fall to the Kochs.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

eelj wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:10 am There isn't any Russian propaganda, if you want to think there is go for it.

This is something the rnc has been trying to do for years. I was at my county DFL meeting last night and our state rep Mike Sundin was there.

He informed us that he and Rob Ecklund have been targeted by the rnc along with Joe Radinovich for the 8th district congressional seat.

The republicans want very much to take control of northeastern Mn and by taking 2 seats in the state legislature plus the 8th district congressional seat they can do it.

The steel tariffs is a stroke of genius and trump and pence have both visited Duluth this year stumping for gop candidates, that is unprecedented. In Rural Mn immigration and BLM are mostly non issues, JOBS and health care top the list. No cold war spy novel being acted out.
One poll, 9/6 to 9/9 of the Radinovich vs Stauber race (MN 8th) from the NY Times/Siena College - Radinovich ahead by one point.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6355.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

They want MN, but I think it will be harder for them than WI

- MN Dems tend to have higher turnout in midterms
- over 1/2 the population is in the 7-county metro, compared to about 25% in Milwaukee/Dane Co.
- that hasn't stopped the Republicans in MN from trying to drive the urban vs rural divide like they did in WI. I just don't think it as effective when half the voting population is in the metro.
- Speaking from personal expeience of growing up in Milwaukee but going to college + working & living in MN for the past 5 years, racism plays better in WI than it does in MN.

I swear, I think the Koch's have some secret plan to privative and pump the Great Lakes given how much money they have dumped in the Great Lake States.

NorthWoods wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:03 am They want MN, but I think it will be harder for them than WI

- MN Dems tend to have higher turnout in midterms
- over 1/2 the population is in the 7-county metro, compared to about 25% in Milwaukee/Dane Co.
- that hasn't stopped the Republicans in MN from trying to drive the urban vs rural divide like they did in WI. I just don't think it as effective when half the voting population is in the metro.
- Speaking from personal expeience of growing up in Milwaukee but going to college + working & living in MN for the past 5 years, racism plays better in WI than it does in MN.

I swear, I think the Koch's have some secret plan to privative and pump the Great Lakes given how much money they have dumped in the Great Lake States.
The Great Lakes will just become shipping lanes clogged with insecticides and toxic sludge. Ask Florida how much the Republicans really care about the environment.

Best of luck up there! And stay warm!

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

There is a huge problem within the state DFL party. It has become a very elite party of rich urbanites, they should drop the farmer labor and just call themselves democrats.

There is a good chance that the 8th district might go to the gop next month. The Twin Cities group that crashed our convention last spring in Duluth totally alienated the young voters in the area that the ones who do vote likely will vote for Skip Sandman. He could be the spoiler. A good friend of mine is managing his campaign and is worried about that.

The rnc and kock bros have been trying for many years to turn Mn red, they have been pumping more cash into their efforts in this state than ever before.

The divisive anti-immigrant religious nationalism that is becoming popular across the world is a force in this country. Good people must weather the storm and call it out for what it is. Stay safe and stay vigilant.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt