Hello from Texas!

Hey Amigos!

I hope you don't mind more of an independent, moderate on here. I respect most all political views and leanings, though, and even agree with some that are considered liberal and others that are conservative. I do believe in a strong 2nd Amendment as a very important civil right.

Anyway, I'm just a middle-aged Puerto Rican family guy from Texas who is relatively new to the shooting sports. I don't have much of a collection of firearms at the moment, but the ones I enjoy shooting the most are a CMP Special M1 Garand, a Colt 1911 and a Winchester Model 12.

I'm looking forward to learning from the folks on here and contributing when I can.

Re: Hello from Texas!

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

equin wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:57 am Thanks for the warm welcome. Atxgunguy, I'm in Waxahachie, just south of Dallas.
Come shoot with us in Conroe! We were planning to shoot there this month.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
IMG_5237.JPG

sikacz wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:41 am
equin wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:57 am Thanks for the warm welcome. Atxgunguy, I'm in Waxahachie, just south of Dallas.
Thanks, Sikacz. Conroe may be a bit too far of a drive for me, but I appreciate the invite. Your other post mentioned a TX subforum? I can’t seem to find it on here, though.

equin wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:55 pm
Thanks, Sikacz. Conroe may be a bit too far of a drive for me, but I appreciate the invite. Your other post mentioned a TX subforum? I can’t seem to find it on here, though.
Simmer down is our gatekeeper. There's a minimum post limit to pm. After 5 to 10 posts pm Simmer.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:51 pm
equin wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:55 pm
Simmer down is our gatekeeper. There's a minimum post limit to pm. After 5 to 10 posts pm Simmer.
Gotcha. Thanks.

Welcome from Denton on the other side of the DFW metroplex
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,