Watching the returns tomorrow night.

So tomorrow is the big day. It's been a long 2 years for my wife and I.

Just this year alone we have worked 12 parades, 2 fundraisers plus we manned the booth at the Carlton county fair for the DFL (Mn Democratic Farmer Labor party). After voting we will head to Carlton and watch the returns on TV with our state rep to the Mn legislature Mike Sundin, I'm hoping it will be a victory celebration.

Thats just what we will be doing, anybody else have any plans for tomorrow?

Re: Watching the returns tomorrow night.

Yesterday, sitting at the computer, I watched an unkempt unshaven and slovenly stranger walk across the front of my yard and up to the door. I pulled the sweatshirt off my pistol and went to open the door and see who it was. GOP party worker leaving a flier on the door. Probably should leave the 12 gauge by the door. Or the dog.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

rockhound wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:58 pm After the polls close I'll be sipping whisky and frantically hitting refresh on a lot of different news sites.

Might have to break out the Aberlour A’bunadh if things go well.
I may have to break out the Clément 1952 or 1970...if it's a landslide or a disaster.

If I wasn't Agnostic I'd be praying till my knees atrophied!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I have the same feeling I had 24 hrs. before the Turd won 2016 - that he was going to win - and he did. This feels the same and I'm sick at heart.

FDT
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:57 pm I have the same feeling I had 24 hrs. before the Turd won 2016 - that he was going to win - and he did. This feels the same and I'm sick at heart.

FDT
Unlike 2016, I refuse to be surprised and shocked if that happens. However, it will reinforce that the American Experiment is at an end, killed by its own beneficiaries.

As a college professor put it in the 70's, who had been in Germany in the '30's: It was heart-breaking to watch a great nation STRIP itself of its culture.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:03 pm
Wino wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:57 pm I have the same feeling I had 24 hrs. before the Turd won 2016 - that he was going to win - and he did. This feels the same and I'm sick at heart.

FDT
Unlike 2016, I refuse to be surprised and shocked if that happens. However, it will reinforce that the American Experiment is at an end, killed by its own beneficiaries.

As a college professor put it in the 70's, who had been in Germany in the '30's: It was heart-breaking to watch a great nation STRIP itself of its culture.
Yes to all of this. My friends all thought I was nuts when I believed Trump would win (I thought I was, too). I really hope this one goes better. Like I've said, I'll take a blue ripple. Even a blue drip if it leads to a Dem majority by one ass.

That’s why it’s good to live in a desert Red state that has a snowflakes chance of changing. You do what you can without any concern for the outcome. The ultimate Buddhist practice.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

AndyH wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:34 pm Fingernails? We don't need no steeenkin' finger nails...
OMG I haven't chewed my fingernails in many years... until recently. I noticed it the other day and was blown away! Maybe I need to start smoking or drinking or something...
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Talked to SIL a short bit ago. He voted this morning at area elementary school. Said not many there, no line and when he left said no more than maybe 20 in line. Not a good sign.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:39 pm
featureless wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:38 pm Well, tonight is dojo night, so I'll get my ass beat and my aggression out either way. :ninja:
Get a couple of kicks and punches in for me! I liked sparring--hated ground-fighting (too hard on the joints). :ninja:
Yeah, I suck on the ground. Not great on my feet, either! I'd rather wait for a takedown, put them on the ground and then run like hell! Dojo is kind of small, though, so they always seem to catch me. ;)

featureless wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:48 pm
featureless wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:38 pm Well, tonight is dojo night, so I'll get my ass beat and my aggression out either way. :ninja:
Get a couple of kicks and punches in for me! I liked sparring--hated ground-fighting (too hard on the joints). :ninja:
Yeah, I suck on the ground. Not great on my feet, either! I'd rather wait for a takedown, put them on the ground and then run like hell! Dojo is kind of small, though, so they always seem to catch me. ;)
If you get cornered, run for the doors - it's like a TARDIS - they'll never find you in there! :lol:

featureless wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:48 pm
The way I saw it: On my feet, I was "spending the interest". On the ground, I was "spending the principle". IOW, ground fighting took a toll on already-suspect joints.
Now? With 2 cobalt-titanium hips, a knee 'scope in the not-too-distant future (maybe two), elbows I'm doing re-hab exercises on, and shoulders that are suspect, the dojo is NOT a good idea!
But it was definitely the least boring and most fun exercise regimen I ever engaged in!