Re: How to.....Buy A Gun Online. Your favorite online dealers?

It depends on the firearm, the only site I completely avoid is Armslist. For most used firearms I will go with Gunbroker or a forum board. If it is a new production firearm, I will use one of the wholesaler dropship guys like Guns Midwest. Again, it all depends on what firearm you want to buy, let me know what you are looking for and I will track one down from a reputable source for.

One thing to get lined up first is to know who your transfer dealer is going to be, as well as that dealer's preferences and costs. If you don't have a preferred dealer yet, I would suggest looking outside of the normal gun shops, and into places running their FFL as an addon to another business. These sort of places tend to like doing transfers more, charge less, and generally have better customer service. I am currently using an auto parts store, when I lived in SC it was a dry cleaner.

(Source of knowledge: buying dozens of firearms online for close to a decade now).
Pompous, with a touch of elitism.

Thank you, Nato. I have an FFL in mind, and I’m deciding between an M&P 2.0 4” or 3.6”. My local dealer wants $508+tax. Bud’s has them for $399, and Sportsman’s Outdoors just raised their price to $449. I’m nervous about buying online because, even though I have some experience with the 9c 1.0, I might not catch a flaw. I’m pretty sure the pistol would be fine, though. I have very limited $$, so I have to wait for a good deal.

I would go here for the 4" $369 + 19 shipping https://www.deguns.net/Smith-Wesson-M-P ... /11683.htm

and here for the 3.5" $378 +15 Shipping https://georgiagunstore.com/s-w-m-p-2-0 ... k-nms.html

I have purchased magazines from DE guns, and I actually did an in-store purchase at GA Gun store. Due to the wonders of the industrial revolution, and mass production, I don't give a second thought to buying new production guns online, they are just as likely to have problems or unlikely to have problems.

Hope that helps.
Pompous, with a touch of elitism.

GalleryofGuns has been good and reliable. Pick the gun you want, plug in your Zipcode, and you’ll see what the price is from all of their FFLs. Best part, they roll all the costs into the price...including FFL fees. Pay a deposit online, they ship it to the FFL with FedEx tracking numbers and whatnot. FFL calls you when it’s ready for pickup, pay the remainder on pickup.
LGC Texas - Vice President

I've bought 2 rifles on Gunbroker. But handguns are really difficult as you have to have a New Jersey pistol purchase permit that expires after 90 days, and then find what you want. In any case, it must go to a LGS to render it NJ compliant (if it's possible). Bud's Gun Shop won't sell ANY guns to NJ buyers unless they are already NJ Compliant.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

shinzen wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:40 pm
dpfeifer wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:32 pm Gallery of Guns has worked just fine for me and I'm waiting on my second purchase from GrabaGun (the first one having gone just swimmingly).
I forgot about GoG- they are definitely good to go as well.
I've used GoG a couple of times, and it's gone just fine and their prices seem reasonable. They partner with my LGS, so that makes it easy. A little too easy, sometimes.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:28 pm
shinzen wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:40 pm
dpfeifer wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:32 pm Gallery of Guns has worked just fine for me and I'm waiting on my second purchase from GrabaGun (the first one having gone just swimmingly).
I forgot about GoG- they are definitely good to go as well.
I've used GoG a couple of times, and it's gone just fine and their prices seem reasonable. They partner with my LGS, so that makes it easy. A little too easy, sometimes.
Likewise. As a consequence of buying through an LGS that has a range, I get a free range pass to try it out. :thumbup:
LGC Texas - Vice President

My gun has arrived from Sportsman’s Outdoor Superstore, and I can pick it up tomorrow. Thus far, the experience has been great! There was a five day wait for processing, and during that time I called and changed my order. The guy was really nice and we both started the day with a good interaction. He said it would be five days to process that new order, but it was processed the same day! Shipped the next day!
I also had great luck getting some ammunition from sgammo. I ordered a Regulator from Nate at UBG Holsters. I had one a few years ago with my M&P 9c, but it went with the gun when I sold it. Great OWB holster. Once I get a look at the 2.0 tomorrow and (hopefully) see that all is well with it, the fun begins!

Prices have been so low, I have been stocking up on sales and deals. I've bought from a variety of online stores. Some are better than others, but it is always cheaper than buying locally. Sad, but true. I use http://gun.deals for almost all purchases. Ammo is almost always from SG Ammo.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt