Anyone have experience with the Rock Island VR60?

I've wanted an AR type shotgun for shits and giggles for a while now, the local redneck store is having a sale on these this weekend and I'm thinking about getting one. I went in today to handle one, it's super light and very comfortable, the grip in particular is excellent. The mags were sturdy. It's a polymer lower, but the lower, grip and stock are all one piece so I don't think there will be issues with durability there. All in all it seemed nice.

One thought I have is that with how light the thing was, it wasn't barrel heavy, which has me thinking the barrel its self might not be very substantial. I know a shotgun shouldn't need to contain the same pressure as a typical barrel, but if I go back to take a second look, what should I be looking for to make sure the barrel will stand up to use?

Re: Anyone have experience with the Rock Island VR60?

Just kidding. This is a much better review. Never saw the animal but it looks like a nice semi-auto shotgun design, well executed, and lifetime warranty (?). -Made in Turkey!

https://youtu.be/8ELjqR1qb3o
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Well that’s being a tease... So we’re just supposed to sit on our hands and wait to see pics or your review AFTER you get back from your vacation, huh?

I don’t think I’ve ever been treated as poorly by any of the girls I dated in High School...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I've spent the last two months trying to find 9 round magazines for these, as well as a range where I can shoot them in the winter. None of my local indoor ranges are fond of shotguns, and none of the outdoor ones are open when there is snow on the ground.

But as soon as I found and bought some 9 round magazines, I find out about these behemoths:

https://advancedtactical.com/products/R ... es-Shotgun

I don't want to fire it again until I know how many o rings are supposed to be in the gas block.
By the way, the gas piston (either the low or high power) stop on a raised wall inside the gas block and the o rings in question are on the other side of the raised wall. The rings, as far as I can tell, seal around the threaded tube that holds the giant spring.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Jamomatic wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:07 am I have emailed the manufacturer and called the customer service number, both were no help.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
The manual was pretty worthless, I agree. I wish I had a VR60. They seem pretty cool. I would post a pic.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Found an actual exploded view that includes the O-ring. It only shows one on page 19 part 44. Oddly, the VR90 has two O-rings.

http://deryaarms.com/wp-content/uploads ... imized.pdf

I also saw a post on another forum that the manual is wrong and that it actually has a sealing ring and an o-ring. That sealing ring probably sits outside like the video shows.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt