Hello From South Carolina

Hello... I'm a resident of Columbia, SC since '02, originally from Upstate NY.... Found this website thru the BBC article and thought I'd take a peek. I don't typically classify myself politically to a party, but generally lean to the left and identify mostly that direction, particularly considering the recent election events. Despite my left leaning tendencies, I've never had strong feeling either way toward firearms. I've owned a .22 caliber rifle and a 20 gauge shot gun since I was a kid (neither have been fired since I was about 13 years old (I'm 51)). More recent years I've been considering a revolver handgun, but haven't got around to it. I also support reasonable and responsible gun control laws.
Hello, my name is Pon, nice to meet you

Re: Hello From South Carolina

Welcome from the Free State of Nevada (Las Vegas).

:welcome:

I hope you enjoy the forum. And I have a suggestion WRT shooting again:

Go to the range. Shoot 100 rounds of .22lr. Focus on breathing, trigger awareness, sight steadiness and trigger release.

Then after you shoot, ask yourself "How do I feel?".

In my case, calmer, more settled, more centered. There is something about the Zen of shooting.

- Max

Howdy From Houston!

What I like best about this forum is the fact that you can be as political as you want to be. If you don't want to be part of a string, you don't have to be. When the topic is on firearms including Hardware, Technic, Re-Loading, etc. People stay on target. there is a lot of knowledgeable folk around these parts.

Thant said
We are also a bunch of enablers, so...what kind of revolver where you thinking about?
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

pontrumlee wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:35 am Hello... I'm a resident of Columbia, SC since '02, originally from Upstate NY.... Found this website thru the BBC article and thought I'd take a peek. I don't typically classify myself politically to a party, but generally lean to the left and identify mostly that direction, particularly considering the recent election events. Despite my left leaning tendencies, I've never had strong feeling either way toward firearms. I've owned a .22 caliber rifle and a 20 gauge shot gun since I was a kid (neither have been fired since I was about 13 years old (I'm 51)). More recent years I've been considering a revolver handgun, but haven't got around to it. I also support reasonable and responsible gun control laws.
:welcome: from Houston!

I'm glad you support "reasonable and responsible" gun control, but I'd say everyone from Wayne LaPierre to Nancy Pelosi say the same thing. The question is: what is it that you consider "reasonable and responsible"?
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:12 pm
pontrumlee wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:35 am reasonable and responsible gun control laws.

I'm glad you support "reasonable and responsible" gun control, but I'd say everyone from Wayne LaPierre to Nancy Pelosi say the same thing. The question is: what is it that you consider "reasonable and responsible"?
you don't have to answer that question unless you want to. i was literally just about to ask it but decided not to. if your answer comes out over time, all well and good. many of us just talk about guns, shooting, the weather, etc. just make yourself comfortable.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:19 pm
Eris wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:12 pm
pontrumlee wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:35 am reasonable and responsible gun control laws.

you don't have to answer that question unless you want to. i was literally just about to ask it but decided not to. if your answer comes out over time, all well and good. many of us just talk about guns, shooting, the weather, etc. just make yourself comfortable.
Yes, that's true. I debated whether to post this or not. I'm not trying to seem unwelcoming, but I suppose it comes off that way. Sorry.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Welcome from Houston. I too contemplated the question after reading your intro. Let’s get into that later. The club has blogs clarifying our official positions, I’m comfortable with them. Now to a more serious issue. You mention having a 22LR rifle and a shotgun which you have not shot since you were thirteen! I’m afraid that has to be remedied. I believe there are members in your area and someone needs to take you to a range ASAP! Way before you buy that revolver. However, I do recommend S&W revolvers, I’m partial to K-frames. Welcome!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.