Rant: UPS and(?) Palmetto State Armory

Ordered 5 boxes of 22 LR Federal Automatch from PSA. Nice deal with free shipping.

Item shipped promptly, via UPS. Arrived a day later than estimated - and this was strangely due to the box sitting in MSP one extra day/night. Came back from work today to find box sitting on front porch. Picked it up and felt super light. Not even close to the 13LBs that was indicated on the box.

Yup. Box was empty.

Called PSA, who said they would look into it and get back to me within 3 biz days. Their rep would open a UPS ticket and it might take 12 days. Recommended that I open a ticket too. Ugh.

I suspect UPS to be the party to blame in this case. Ordered a shipment of high end laptops for work a few months ago. They made it to MSP... But then poof one of them just disappeared off the tracking list. No response from UPS to the incident we opened. Fortunately vendors insurance covered the laptop.

Anyway.. get yo stuff together UPS!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Last edited by JaxTeller on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Rant: UPS and(?) Palmetto State Armory

FINALLY!

A month and half after the original purchase a shipment with 5 boxes of 22 ammo arrived.

Numerous phone calls to PSA were met with "Claims take time and could be X days". X was 3 to 15, depending on who I talked to or emailed. Called Capital One, since the purchase was made on a credit card. And opened a dispute. 3 days later, the item shipped.

Shipping invoice in the box is 40 bucks more than the price I paid for the original purchase. Guess I'll be watching the credit card statement closely.

YankeeTarheel wrote:...and the USPS has lost a package that was supposed to arrive a week ago. Their own tracking went basically dark on me by last Saturday.
It was a replacement iPad mini, too.....Hmmmm!

So it's not just UPS.
Was it USPS or one of those UPS/FedEx feeder shipments? The FedEX and UPS parts are jobbed out to contractors who are less than honest sometimes. I've had Amazon orders to missing thanks to them. Amazon has been quick to ship the replacement products.

JaxTeller wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:48 am
YankeeTarheel wrote:...and the USPS has lost a package that was supposed to arrive a week ago. Their own tracking went basically dark on me by last Saturday.
It was a replacement iPad mini, too.....Hmmmm!

So it's not just UPS.
Was it USPS or one of those UPS/FedEx feeder shipments? The FedEX and UPS parts are jobbed out to contractors who are less than honest sometimes. I've had Amazon orders to missing thanks to them. Amazon has been quick to ship the replacement products.

No, straight USPS. Now the seller won't respond to my request that she contact the USPS from her end down in Georgia. This keeps up and I'm going to lodge a formal complaint with eBay. She has my money and has, so far, washed her hands of ANY responsibility for getting it to me. And my local PO called and said they have no "pull" in Georgia, which I don't get, and the seller/sender has to get involved. They're the United States Postal Service, all Red, White, and Blue, all for one and one for all! But the guy said "I don't know anyone in the Atlanta distn center!"

I'll be better able to deal with it when we get back to NJ Tuesday.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

spittingglass wrote:Is PSA normally that much of a pain to deal with? Reading about how they handled that makes me nervous. I just placed my first order with them a few days ago for a P226.
No. I've purchased many times before (including guns) and after. There were no problems. Just dealing with this claim has been a nightmare. You'll be fine.