.22LR ammo and where to get it

So we want to experiment with different ammo for our CZ455 UltraLux's, find out what they like. I'm thinking good, reasonably priced stuff, and match grade as well. I am not sure where to get it though, and I also am not sure we can mail order ammo in our state (Massachusetts). We would be willing to drive up to NH if we can legally bring it back here. Otherwise, where does one find different things to try, other than Cabela's, Walmart and Dick's? Would an FFL sell ammo if we ordered it through them? Sorry for the newbie questions, we are just getting started!

Also, any and all recommendations on what to try are appreciated!
"...just smash your piano, and invoke the glory-beaming banjo!" ~Mark Twain

Re: .22LR ammo and where to get it

When I want something I can't find on the shelf at a local store, I generally get it through midwayusa.com, but it doesn't look like you can get mail order ammo in Mass. I'd say decide what it is you want and go to a local gun store to see if they can special order it. I bet they can, because I'm sure there's other gun owners in Mass who want specialty ammo too.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

.22LR ammo and where to get it

Look for CCI Standard Velocity for a decent, clean ammo. It’s not match grade but it’s great for practice, plinking etc. Unless you are shooting for group size, you probably would not notice the difference between it and the high-end stuff. Also, it is very quiet out of the long barrel of the Ultra Lux. It’s my go-to ammo for most .22 shooting.

For decent prices on the good stuff, check out these guys: http://www.championshooters.com I have found them to be helpful and friendly.

As for mid-range ammo, I have gotten good results from Wolf Match Target and Match Extra.

Edit: oops, sorry that I did not notice that you can’t mail order it. You might find the CCI SV at Dicks.

Re: .22LR ammo and where to get it

I second Bucolic on CCI of Lewiston, ID, they make a huge variety of quality rimfire ammo. Used their standard 22lr, 22 shotshells, some Stingers and even 22 CBs which are low noise. Aguila and Eley are also good quality. I've even been known to grab a box of the Federal Value Pack and 22 pistols and enjoy a day shooting.
https://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/products.aspx
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan