Re: just a couple of random things i saw

tonight after dinner i came upstairs to sit in front of the computer and i hear the printer cranking and grinding and the cat is sleeping in the chair, and soon enough a sheet of paper drops out of the printer onto my keyboard. "HP laserjet supplies status". ok, i think, maybe i've ben hacked, or maybe it just does this every year or so, and then i notice the little touchscreen control panel is scrolling through menus and selecting options and i'm sure i've been hacked and then i look closer and there's a stinkbug walking on the touchscreen. stinkbugs are an invasive asian bug now common to the midatlantic states. or maybe they're little robotic spies sent from china to mess with my computer. robot spies, yeah, that's it.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

there's a car site i used to frequent, focused on an unusual '80s american "sports" car. i left it maybe 6-8 years ago because frankly, i hadn't had one of those cars for years, and it had become excessively political, a conservative echo chamber. the really odd thing is, it's run by a man in the netherlands.

so yesterday, out of nostalgia, i went and peeked in, just reading and not logging in, and it hasn't changed, or rather it's gotten worse. those people from what i can tell are living in an alternate reality, still going on about hillary's e-mails (beghazi!), and foaming at the mouth about ms. cortez. what a cesspit. i suppose they would think the same about us here. bye-bye.

i've been puzzling over this for some time. donald isn't particularly thoughtful, doesn't read, doesn't seem to remember day to day what he says or does, but he's pretty consistent in forwarding what i believe to be putin's agenda. so how does he get his instructions, day to day and week to week? is melania his contact? if not her, then who? someone on the white house staff?

lurker wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:50 pm i've been puzzling over this for some time. donald isn't particularly thoughtful, doesn't read, doesn't seem to remember day to day what he says or does, but he's pretty consistent in forwarding what i believe to be putin's agenda. so how does he get his instructions, day to day and week to week? is melania his contact? if not her, then who? someone on the white house staff?
Putin is a master manipulator and Trump is an arrogant, ignorant, egotistical moron. Therefore all Putin has to do is lead Trump to thinking it's HIS idea, not Putin's, and then Trump will hammer it to the ends of the earth. And never once recognize that he's being used...as Putin laughs in his mansions.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

another board i'm on is getting spammed by someone posting (without comment) the text of a recent (january) new york state law legalizing abortion up to 24 weeks after conception. posting without comment. is this happening elsewhere? what are they hoping to accomplish? are they looking for agreement or to stir outrage?

lurker wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:24 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:35 pm Putin is a master manipulator and Trump is an arrogant, ignorant, egotistical moron..
all of which is true, but how is donald getting his orders?
I would have had an obscene answer, but the was Trumped by the news of how the laziest President since Harding spends most of his day in "Executive Time", a synonym for goofing off, which means NOBODY, not even his closest staff, knows WTF he's doing or who he's talking to.

However, since he spends to little time actually WORKING as President, it's probably a good thing than if he was diligently working to destroy our Democratic Republic and make himself Dictator-for-Life.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

lurker wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:26 am another board i'm on is getting spammed by someone posting (without comment) the text of a recent (january) new york state law legalizing abortion up to 24 weeks after conception. posting without comment. is this happening elsewhere? what are they hoping to accomplish? are they looking for agreement or to stir outrage?
Russia means to sow discord, so either they're doing it, or they're re tweeting rwnj's who do it. This is an example of "using our freedoms against us" where the authoritarians who herd the oligarchs have been moving since the late 70's to localize all monies at the top globally. This means that all .orgs whose roots lie in the masses must have factions created within them then have those factions set against one another. That way no organized resistance may be set against the oligarchs. To make stupid people who will swallow foolish shit, the educational system has been hollowed out. This allows a majority to believe that it's OK for laws to penetrate into a woman's body (it's not OK). Just some random stuff I saw.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

credit card fraud - today i got my credit card bill, i use the card for ordering stuff over the net. and i've used it 4 times this month, but it shows seven transactions. about $60 worth. so i call the company and get the charges reversed (plus another $50 charge that didn't show up on the bill) and the card disabled. i don't know who or how they got my number.

but here's the irony. all the fraudulent charges were purchases at christianbook,com. they're using a stolen credit card # to buy "christian books". :oops2:

lurker wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:33 pm credit card fraud - today i got my credit card bill, i use the card for ordering stuff over the net. and i've used it 4 times this month, but it shows seven transactions. about $60 worth. so i call the company and get the charges reversed (plus another $50 charge that didn't show up on the bill) and the card disabled. i don't know who or how they got my number.

but here's the irony. all the fraudulent charges were purchases at christianbook,com. they're using a stolen credit card # to buy "christian books". :oops2:
"I'm sorry, God, that I stole this person's credit card and used to buy stuff for myself. But since I've accepted Jesus as my personal savior, I'm still as sure for Heaven as if I'm already there!"
:sarcasm:

lurker wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:05 pm congress had better think about what they're allowing to happen or pretty soon they'll find themselves irrelevant. only having two (or fewer) branches of govt is very much NOT what the founders intended.
CORRECTION: McConnell knows that, regardless of spending decisions, the Senate is necessary to confirm nominations. McConnell is making the House irrelevant because it will change after the census and may be difficult to hold. The Senate is much easier for Rs to hold. The Senate can block or allow almost everything a president wants or the House wants.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

since i have a vivid imagination and a propensity to make sense out of nonsense, and nonsense out of sense, i've been puzzling over this new user name - "AtrublrHebtyt" usually a forum name means something so it's easy to remember, so...
A true blue Heb tight?
A troubler Heb tit?
i'm confused. :see_stars: what could it mean?

what? why are you looking at me like that?

OK, so I googled that term. Seems like a very well-used user name on various forums starting this month and is claims to be a plumber in Phoenix, AZ. That web site is slick and fake, but clearly written by someone a bit unfamiliar with English. Spammer or RussiaBot, in my opinion.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

lurker wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:03 pm so an SEO spammer, thwarted from posting his links in profile sig line or web link. thanks, never occurred to me to google it
I honestly didn't think anything would show up! When I looked at the web site, it was full of fake pictures in the "gallery", standard fake testimonials, and poor English text (like from a translation program). I don't know what the SEO would be for if the "company" is fake. The "contact us" number is fake and the web site is registered in Panama with a Minnesota contact number and Peruvian fax number. Is this normal?

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

i realize it's not going to happen, but lately i've been wondering what would happen to the political landscape if the dems were to disavow further gun control? paradoxically, i think such a move would disarm most of the conservatives' talking points, allowing the dialogue to shift to economic and racial inequality where IMO it belongs. would it really cost the dems that much political capital? parties have changed planks of platforms before, so it's not impossible. and the argument is simple: "if you renounce further extending gun control you could win, win, win!"

lurker wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:43 pm i realize it's not going to happen, but lately i've been wondering what would happen to the political landscape if the dems were to disavow further gun control? paradoxically, i think such a move would disarm most of the conservatives' talking points, allowing the dialogue to shift to economic and racial inequality where IMO it belongs. would it really cost the dems that much political capital? parties have changed planks of platforms before, so it's not impossible. and the argument is simple: "if you renounce further extending gun control you could win, win, win!"
Or, what if the Dems throw SCOTUS under the bus with "SCOTUS has determined in Heller and McDonald that the Second Amendment is an individual right to keep and bear arms. Categories of arms may not be banned. We will therefor continue efforts to fix NICS reporting and ensure existing prohibited persons do not have access to firearms while working on programs to reduce all violence in populations most impacted by it through promotion of economic and social equality, access to health care and education and reexamination of our war on drugs and criminal justice system". I can dream, right?