Re: Where are the Beretta 92 fans here?

It depends. Some people carry it with the safety on OR accidentally engage the safety when racking the slide.

If you practice and practice swiping the safety a certain way, it can be a problem.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Raises hand - I'm a fan. Bought my first one in '99, have carried them in VA with a permit, shot IDPA, etc. Accurate, reliable, and just dandy in my hands. Not the easiest thing to conceal where that is a lawful option - though doable wtih a good holster - for me, a great weapon.

As for safety - it's a matter of training and preference. I like DA / SA but others don't. We're spoiled for choice with so many great firearms out there.
audite semper, semper discendum

RapidButterfly wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:18 pm Hey you’re here, you must be possesed BY a demon according to those who’re agin libruls :sarcasm:
You just keep your mouth shut most of the time and nod. Until MAGA hats become mandatory (I don't see many down here, actually), no one knows. Shhhhhh...
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Hey I went to law school and lived in Virginia for 15 years, raced cars all over va, nc, sc, , ga, al. Keeping one’s mouth shut doesn’t work so well when you hold hands with your same sex partner, have to tell your boss you don’t go to church in response to a direct unlawful question, and so on. The best thing I got from the south is my lovely partner. Very happy to be out of there...my friends who remain say it got much worse in 16 and it wasn’t great before.

RapidButterfly wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:07 am Hey I went to law school and lived in Virginia for 15 years, raced cars all over va, nc, sc, , ga, al. Keeping one’s mouth shut doesn’t work so well when you hold hands with your same sex partner, have to tell your boss you don’t go to church in response to a direct unlawful question, and so on. The best thing I got from the south is my lovely partner. Very happy to be out of there...my friends who remain say it got much worse in 16 and it wasn’t great before.
I hear you. I was born in Alabama, and I feel that the South is a great place to be *from*, not so great to actually be.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

KlownKannon wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:35 am Scroll down to the last item of this menu:
http://alleghenyarms.com/custom-berettas/

You can bet that I've already emailed them a bunch of questions about it.
Ok, Josh from Allegheny Arms answered my questions. Answers in bold below.

Does it become a safety only or is there a decocker function as well? Does this get rid of the double action completely? No decocker but pistol can still be SA/DA or SAO on request

2. Is the pistol drop-safe? Yes

3. What goes in the hole in the slide where the decocker was previously? Conversion has to be done with a D slide.

That last item makes Baby KlownKannon cry. Have you seen the prices on D slides (when you can find them at all)? Especially for a 92 Compact?

Anyway, regardless of the safety I may send them a Beretta to see what they do.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

beaurrr wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:40 am I wanted to be a fan. But I can shoot nearly any handgun I own better than that my M9.
I love everything about mine except the sights. I don't hate them, but I don't love them as much as my SIGs.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

RapidButterfly wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:30 pm Mine had the slide sent to Tooltech back in today for trijicon night sights to be installed (required drilling as mine was made in 2000). They work well still, all these years later. Basically, I love my 92 so much I recently bought a PX4CC to get a similar feeling and manual of arms in a smaller weapon.
I've been thinking about doing this but with fiber optic. Being someone who shoots in daylight, l would it be better to have trijicon sights?
Do tell us how it shoots now.

my typing is atrocious here, and i apologize, i tried to say, back in the day. . I've had the Trjicons night sights on that weapon since 2000. I like them a lot on and off the range (i.e. low light dry fire practice at home, low light classes, etc.). The PX4CC has the orange Ameriglo FO sights with a small tritium insert and they are definitely fast to acquire, probably faster than the 92's sights, but it's hard to say since I've owned that weapon for so very long.

I really don't like the way Berettas look, but I like the way they shoot for me. The probable reason for this is my big hands, with long fingers. Those with smaller hands, look into the Vertec version and the short triggers that are available.

Anybody interested in a Beretta 92 or 96 should look into the Langdon Tactical Trigger Job In A Bag. I have them installed in several 92 pistols (I don't believe they will work in a 92s), with complete satisfaction. The hammer/main spring on the stock 92 is reportedly 26 pounds. There is the DA-only version 92D, which differs also in that it has just a 16 pound mainspring, and for a long time, people commented they liked the trigger pull with a "D" spring in their FS. With Langdon's TJIAB, I have used as light as 12 pound mainsprings with zero failures to ignite, over hundreds of rounds. The TJIAB also uses a different trigger bar and cleaned up sear and hammer. The results are a much cleaner and lighter double- and single-action pull, with no ignition issues over hundreds of rounds. The lighter, cleaner trigger pull means I have far less difficulty getting that first double-action shot to group with the later shots, instead of being out the bottom of the group.

I have another Beretta where Langdon did a full trigger job on it, and I can not tell the difference between it and the TJIAB.

https://www.langdontactical.com/trigger ... 92-series/

Big fan of the 92. I used to accumulate the 92 Steel I (four SAO, one DA/SA) and the Billennium (four total) variants in particular, but I think I'm content with my hoard now. Might even sell one or two at some point.

I'm also very excited that Beretta is finally releasing a steel-frame, frame-safety version that isn't a limited-run pistol in the forthcoming 92X. I plan to buy a couple of those and to send one of them to David Sams for his Army Marksmanship Unit accurizing work (guaranteed 10-shot groups of 1.3" or less at 50 yards).

Here are a couple of my 92 Steel I SAOs, which to me are both the most beautiful and the most well-built (tied with the Billennium on build quality, actually) handguns Beretta has ever made.