A note about CZ Ultra Lux rifles

I stopped by my local CZ dealer yesterday in a vain attempt to locate a P-01 for sale. They did have a CZ 75 Compact which tempted me greatly, but I really want to wait for a decocker version since my Sp-01 and RAMI are so-equipped.

While I was there I talked to the owner, and he told me that CZ is no longer making the Ultra Lux so, if you have a serious Jones for a new Ultra Lux,get out there and find one. If you have an Ultra Lux, enjoy it. It’s destined to be a classic.

I did handle a new 457 Trainer. The 457s have a shorter receiver and a different safety which is push-to-fire. Nice rifle.
Last edited by Bucolic on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

Re: A note about CZ Ultra Lux rifles

Me too.

I traded in a 453 in .17 HMR to buy mine. Then I went home and inventoried my .17 ammo. I had grossly underestimated the amount I had. I had bought a lot of it during the last .22 shortage. I have nearly 1000 rounds and nothing to shoot it out of. So I ordered a .17 455 barrel - a 20.9 inch American and some Warne quick disconnect dovetail rings so I can quickly swap between iron sights in .22 LR and scoped .17 HMR.

Bucolic wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 am Me too.

I traded in a 453 in .17 HMR to buy mine. Then I went home and inventoried my .17 ammo. I had grossly underestimated the amount I had. I had bought a lot of it during the last .22 shortage. I have nearly 1000 rounds and nothing to shoot it out of. So I ordered a .17 455 barrel - a 20.9 inch American and some Warne quick disconnect dovetail rings so I can quickly swap between iron sights in .22 LR and scoped .17 HMR.
So you came out ahead and the wallet lost, as usual?

Kinda sorta. I can spin it such that it feels like a win - $400 in ammo was worthless and now it has value. How’s that for self-delusion? Pretty snappy, eh?

That assumes, of course, that I could not find a buyer for the ammo. I don’t want to ship it and I don’t know anybody around here who shoots .17 HMR.

Looking at it rationally, of course the wallet lost. That is probably the case for all my firearm purchases...
Last edited by Bucolic on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks! It went right on. I mounted a Mueller 8-32x44 target scope on
Warne quick disconnect 30 mm rings. Yeah, it’s overkill but it’s hard to see those tiny holes at 100 yards with old eyes. Cheek weld is not optimum with the humpback comb but it’ll be okay. Pictures follow below.

No news on the P-01. I may drive over next week for an update and some firearm fondling.

I bought a used 452 Ultra Lux a few months ago. I really like it.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

khlavkalash wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:07 am You have a CZ dealer? I wish we had one. Finally found a store that carries a few, but mostly in the pistol series.

The Ultra Lux is cool, but looks like the 457 isn't even in FS/Mannlicher stock. That's pure sex distilled into a rifle.
Buy used on gunbroker or such.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

I shot my Ultra Lux with the .17 HMR barrel today. I’m pretty happy with it.

Zeroed the scope well enough in five rounds and then put up a target. The rifle range was in use so I could only get out to 30 yards. I casually shot two groups of five to season the barrel a bit and refine the zero point. I then shot two groups of five being more careful.

Results below. The one flyer in group 4 was either me pulling it or flinching. The wind did pick up but I can’t blame it on that. Little bullseyes are .25
inch diameter.

Obviously, good performance at 30 yards is a necessary but not sufficient condition for longer ranges, but I am optimistic that this rifle will shoot 1 MOA at 100 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Bucolic on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.