Building a 'Woman oriented' AR

OK, I've heard lots of folks talking about building an AR-15 rifle or carbine. So I have started one myself. But I thought, how can I make this a 'woman oriented' gun? How can I, as far as possible, make this a by, for, and about women as much as I possibly can.

Here's what I've got so far:
Daniel Defense is owned by a woman.
Palmetto State Armory is owned by a woman.
Federal's 224 VALKYRIE round was named for the Roller Derby character of one of their female engineers. And is named after a Goddess in the Norse Pantheon.

So... I can't afford Daniel Defense. PSA has a 224 VALKYRIE barrel and BCG for $149. I bought them. It is my first step. Since it will be a while before I can afford to buy anything else, now is the time for research.

I need the Hive mind to help me out here. Does anyone know of any other AR part that fits my criteria? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: Building a 'Woman oriented' AR

K9s wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 pm Hmmm.... You might have trouble finding a female-owned ammo manufacturer.

Cool idea, though.
I'll reload.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

A few years ago I briefly worked for a small company (followed a guy I had previously worked for there). Terrible experience and came to find that the company principals couldn’t even spell “ethics”. They touted themselves as a woman owned business to the point of even being registered with WBENC as such. Clearly they did it to win contracts with customers whose supply chain decisions factor in women and minority ownership of their suppliers (most). And yet all of the principal stake holders/decision makers were men.

So all that to say, if you want to source your parts from women or minority owned businesses (And I wholeheartedly support that idea and may follow suit), dig a few layers deeper and try to make sure that it isn’t just a front.

It might be worth keeping a log of vetted candidates somewhere on the LGC site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DamnYankee wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:01 am So all that to say, if you want to source your parts from women or minority owned businesses (And I wholeheartedly support that idea and may follow suit), dig a few layers deeper and try to make sure that it isn’t just a front.
Yep, I am aware that this is a common trick used by people trying to get a government contract. As I understand it, PSA ownership is the result of a divorce settlement where he got one company and she got PSA. And as I understand it, she really does run it.

highdesert wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:21 am Neat, all ARs don't have to be black or FDE.
Absolutely!!! I am definitely an 'anti pink gun' person. How many people in the gun industry think they can short change women's firearm needs with a pink grip.

While I love all the pretty color combos available with CeraCoat, I really can't afford a lot of stuff like that. And to save money, I am cannibalizing an AR I already have to make this one.

K9s, yes this is a stainless barrel.

Hiker wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:15 pm how can I make this a 'woman oriented' gun?
while you gave some idea of what this means/looks like to you, it's not a complete picture. so it might help if you expand a bit on what this looks like to you. does this mean a "pretty" AR? some how "feminized"? or more political/economical such as the examples you gave about buying from companies owned by a women???? or something else entirely???

Well Scout I really don't have an image yet. That's what I was asking for, to see what might be available. The big problem is money. While I would like to do a fancy build with a custom Ceracoat job, the truth of the matter is I will cannibalize another cheap AR that I have to make this one.

The fact that you are doing everything you can to build it like this makes it woman-oriented no matter what.

I wish those "offhandgear dot com" handguards were more affordable.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt