Re: BBC: Active Shooter in Christchurch NZ

Bisbee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:01 pm I say this with humility: rationally, Max, is the blind spot.
Yes, we are animals, after all. While we drape the trappings of civilization around us, we are all capable of going feral, reverting to basic. Fear is a strong motivator. Desire for legacy is a strong motivator. Add in the need to fill a niche in your particular social group for accolades and it's enough to drive some to do amazing and/or awful things.

BBC: Active Shooter in Christchurch NZ

HuckleberryFun wrote:From the NZ mass shooter’s manifesto:
0F817303-8828-468F-ADB2-2BB9C1FA3D81.jpeg
Such fascist rhetoric and the violence that inevitably follows it is my answer to anyone who asks me “Why do you need an AR-15, AK, “high capacity magazines, etc.?”

As for what will follow, it’s predictable: the Alt-Right will not be designated as a terrorist organization as it should be, and this tragedy will be cynically exploited by the civilian disarmament lobby to push for more draconian gun control legislation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal

featureless wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57 am
senorgrand wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:28 am
harriss wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:25 am What came first? The race thinking and racism or the Trump? Obviously, race thinking and racism came first. Trump is just the current messenger.

Just a rethinking of the chicken or the egg conundrum.
I think Trump is a symptom of a disease that was already there. A festering malignancy that finally exposed itself with a massive, pustulent tumor.
Trump is absolutely a symptom. Being the president of the United States, he does also, unfortunately, provide a twisted source of legitimacy for these hateful lunatics.

This shit breaks my heart.
That's like calling a heart attack a symptom of heart disease. The heart attack isn't any less dangerous because it is a symptom. The rise of authoritarianism might have been stemmed with another president. This one is really, really dangerous. My only hope is that he is so outrageous that the people will notice the long slide into authoritarianism.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Christchurch mosque massacre: 49 confirmed dead in shootings; four arrested - three men, one woman
One Friday prayer goer returned fire with a rifle or shotgun.
A well known Muslim local chased the shooters and fired two shots at them as they sped off.

He was heard telling police officers he was firing in "self defence".
News of an intended victim returning fire has not been part of the regular narrative since this story originally was published. John Lott's group, CPRC, has claimed the details of the alleged defender have changed from a "well known Muslim local" to a “young guy who usually takes care of the mosque.”
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Latest reaction to NZ mosque attacks
Christchurch Mayor Lianne Dalziel says she supports Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern's promise to change the country's gun laws.

"There have been tightening of the gun laws in this country over time," she said.

"But yes, I think that as people are in a situation where they can accumulate weapons and they can turn relatively straightforward rifles into semi-automatic weapons of a military nature, that is not something that we should allow to happen."
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

When gunman advanced on New Zealand mosque, 1 man ran at him
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand (AP) — When the gunman advanced toward the mosque, killing those in his path, Abdul Aziz didn’t hide. Instead, he picked up the first thing he could find, a credit card machine, and ran outside screaming “Come here!”

Aziz, 48, is being hailed as a hero for preventing more deaths during Friday prayers at the Linwood mosque in Christchurch after leading the gunman in a cat-and-mouse chase before scaring him into speeding away in his car.

But Aziz, whose four sons and dozens of others remained in the mosque while he faced off with the gunman, said he thinks it’s what anyone would have done.
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

I don't need to read this jerks manifesto. I'm quite sure that it is similar to mansons manifesto. Ignite a huge race war. I feel the international media is doing us no service at all in the way they report these types of crimes against humanity. If you google breivik you will find numerous articles on his twisted beliefs with many photos of him in military uniforms plus he is fast approaching the half way point in his 21 year sentence. Theoretically he could walk out of prison at age 61, serving no more than 100 days for each of his murders. In the mean time he is getting all kinds of attention for this and I can only guess that the Norwegian government is swamped with requests tho interview the dink.

I read the Unabomber’s manifesto years ago, not because I believed in his cause, but to see what I could learn about motivations, mentality, or anything else he might let slip. A hostile reader is not the same as a potential convert reader.
I’m not seeing how you think you might earn moral clarity brownie points by refusing to read what your enemy is saying. <shrug>

Even suicide bombers leave video recordings justifying what they do. New Zealand will up their monitoring of right wing groups and work closer other countries tracking them, terrorism is worldwide. Newspapers mentioned that London police increased patrols around mosques in the London area, LAPD did the same and imagine police throughout the US did the same. After Pulse, Tree of Life Synagogue and now New Zealand , American Muslims are again looking at security.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion ... 8fdcf4c512
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Sun-Tsu: The Art of War, Chapter 3 "Attack By Stratagem" Paragraph 18, the Lionel Giles 1910 translation:
Hence the saying: If you know the enemy and
know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy,
for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If
you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

l=https://www.vox.com/world/2019/3/16/1 ... shootings
Within hours of the mass shooting at the Al Noor and Linwood mosques in ChristchurchFriday, controlling the sale of the types of guns used by the alleged killer became a top priority for New Zealand’s lawmakers. In a country that already has strong gun regulations, the debate over closing what the police association said were loopholes took on new urgency — so urgent that some politicians had to moderate statements they’d made in the hours after the attack.

New Zealand Attorney General David Baker, who announced Friday that the country would ban semiautomatic weapons, said Saturday the government has not yet reached that conclusion, Radio New Zealand reported.

“Those decisions have yet to be taken but the prime minister signalled that we are going to look at that issue,” Baker told the RNZ, adding that he intended only to lend support to the prime minister’s remarks, not go any further.
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

HuckleberryFun wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:46 am I read the Unabomber’s manifesto years ago, not because I believed in his cause, but to see what I could learn about motivations, mentality, or anything else he might let slip. A hostile reader is not the same as a potential convert reader.
I’m not seeing how you think you might earn moral clarity brownie points by refusing to read what your enemy is saying. <shrug>
You misunderstood my post. It was not directed at you or anybody else on this forum. It was at the mass media. I'm sure the manifesto is the same at it's roots as the protocols of the learned elders of zion, fords the international jew. Manson wrote stuff based on the same shit. I'm certain this clown will be immortalized with cover stories from every publication from Time to People magazine.

Wino wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:26 am
K9s wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:11 pm I am sure the President will denounce this act of terrorism shortly... Waiting...
Hope you're not holding your breath.

FDT
On the same day...
gunfinal.jpg
FDT and his moronics with a rose bush cane.

moar and zoomed pic:

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald- ... ce-8826781

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

DispositionMatrix wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:35 am Christchurch massacre highlights lax New Zealand gun control laws
(CNN)The Christchurch massacre, which has left at least 49 people dead, has highlighted flaws in New Zealand's gun control laws.
Despite those laws, New Zealand's weapons legislation is considered more relaxed than most Western countries outside of the USA. Gun owners do need a license but they aren't required to register their guns -- unlike in neighboring Australia.

While authorities do not know exactly how many legally or illegally owned firearms are currently in circulation in New Zealand, estimates put the number at about 1.2 million, according to New Zealand Police. This figure equates to about one gun for every three people -- a rate that is considered high when compared with Australia, which has 3.15 million guns, approximately one for every eight people.
Ardern has to proceed cautiously, she leads a minority government led by the Labour Party.
Of the 3.9 million New Zealanders of gun-licensing age, 238,000 — 6 percent — have a firearm license, according to GunPolicy.org. In the United States, according to a Pew study from 2017, three out of 10 Americans report owning at least one firearm.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/16/worl ... -laws.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:36 am
DispositionMatrix wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:35 am Christchurch massacre highlights lax New Zealand gun control laws
(CNN)The Christchurch massacre, which has left at least 49 people dead, has highlighted flaws in New Zealand's gun control laws.
Despite those laws, New Zealand's weapons legislation is considered more relaxed than most Western countries outside of the USA. Gun owners do need a license but they aren't required to register their guns -- unlike in neighboring Australia.

While authorities do not know exactly how many legally or illegally owned firearms are currently in circulation in New Zealand, estimates put the number at about 1.2 million, according to New Zealand Police. This figure equates to about one gun for every three people -- a rate that is considered high when compared with Australia, which has 3.15 million guns, approximately one for every eight people.
Ardern has to proceed cautiously, she leads a minority government led by the Labour Party.
Of the 3.9 million New Zealanders of gun-licensing age, 238,000 — 6 percent — have a firearm license, according to GunPolicy.org. In the United States, according to a Pew study from 2017, three out of 10 Americans report owning at least one firearm.
I would not be so sure. I suspect most that 238,000 are rather amenable to whatever ban the ruling class wants to impose under the pretense of ensuring safety.

Christchurch gun shop sold rifles online to accused shooter
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand – A Christchurch gun shop on Monday acknowledged selling guns online to the 28-year-old white supremacist accused of killing 50 people in mosque shootings that have upturned New Zealand’s reputation as among the world’s most tolerant and safe nations.

At a news conference, Gun City owner David Tipple said the store sold four guns and ammunition to Brenton Harrison Tarrant through a “police-verified online mail order process.”
His store has been criticized for leaving out a roadside advertising billboard that shows a parent helping children with rifle target practice in the wake of the shootings.
The shooting was four days ago. Was the billboard put up over the weekend? Was the parent depicted on the billboard helping children target people?

Guy who confronted Linwood Mosque shooter.
Abdul Aziz, who confronted a suspect in the New Zealand shooting at the Linwood mosque, said Saturday that his main concern was to save other people and even screamed at the suspect to draw him away from others.

He says when the shooting began at the Linwood mosque, he responded by grabbing a credit card terminal and running outside. When he saw who he believed was the suspect, he threw the machine at him.

Later, he says he found a gun he believed belonged to the gunman and when he came upon the suspect trying to flee in a vehicle, he threw the empty gun at him as he drove away.

DispositionMatrix wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:25 pm
highdesert wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:36 am

I would not be so sure. I suspect most that 238,000 are rather amenable to whatever ban the ruling class wants to impose under the pretense of ensuring safety.
The is a very emotional time, the next campaign could be very different. We'll see how the opposition National Party votes on any new gun laws.