Re: Ammo in a House Fire... advice on storage please!

stainless65 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:56 pm Back on the subject, tho...

I keep my ammo in milsurp boxes, and those inside one of those construction site boxes, which I lined with sheetrock as a sort of heat shield in case of fire. There seem to be somewhat differing opinions on those ammo boxes wrt them being air tight. Anyone think drilling a tiny hole somewhere on the box is a good idea, just to relieve pressure in the worst case scenario?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Drilling a small may not relieve the pressure fast enough. The metal ammo boxes I have all have tight seals. Also the military has special areas they store their ammo, not in there living quarters. I would suggest using the plastic ammo boxes instead. Also read the link I posted on the gun safes especially the fire portion. A little Sheetrock may not be enough protection.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

lurker wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:29 pm
Buck13 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:00 am
Bisbee wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:45 pm Ride of Paul Revere post 2018...

“The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!”
But equally likely to be written “Russian’s,” because Internet. :smart:
there was a movie.. before the internet.
Was a book, too - before the movie. :mrgreen:
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

lurker wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:03 pm close, anyway. gun storage not = ammo storage. but they are getting smarter. makes sense that they would target gun forums with gun-related spam. got to ask, if it's on-topic, is it really spam?
10 minutes. good catch!
If there hadn't been a link advertising a business I would have left it alone.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed