Re: Municion L.M.P 1889

I'm going to see if I can find one made on American contract- they had some overruns on time and spotty reliability, but good collectors value. There was the later "chalk" version as well, the 1889/16 I wouldn't mind having.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

lurker wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:06 pm wait. it's a rock, with a handle, for use with a trebuchet? am i understanding this correctly?
A rock? Really? You're going to call the Municion L.M.P a rock? That thing took years of development and refinement by the military to make it what it became.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Trying to decide if under the NFA this would be an AOW and would only cost me a fiver, or if they are gonna say it exceeds .50 caliber and is therefore a Destructive Device I can't have. Regardless, if I can find an original brass handled model of 1889, it won't matter because it's before 1898 and should be considered an Antique . If I'm seeing this wrong, please correct me.
Be sure to make good choices when you're being stupid...

Are any of you like me and still holdong out for a C&Rsenal?

“Hi, I’m Othias...and THIS (large grunt) is the 1889 Municion Lancée à la Main Pierre.”

The animation of a rock bludgeoning a Pickelhelmed German soldier.

“...now let’s send it over Mae.”
LGC Texas - Vice President

In Nordic countries, the rock is smoothed out, the handle is on the top, and you target practice on an ice rink, yelling at your team mates to "sweep faster". It's an olympic event.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

SubRosa wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:16 pm :sarcasm:

No, really?

I thought we had a handle on that...

This hits rock bottom.

SR
Go to 10:32 mins. "If you're still watching at this point, you realize this is a complete April Fools hoax." Good job Ian !
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The fact that he was able to deliver the entire video in his usual style with timelines/revisions/history was seriously on point. The helper who wrote it deserves a reward. And Ian keeping a straight face for nearly the entire time was perfect.
- Maya Angelou