Re: Magazine organization

polymath wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:53 pm Interesting. Have you had any problems with the PVC-coated fabric trapping moisture?
Nope, they breathe pretty well and it comes with a desiccant packet. Haven't had any problems with them in the safe either, but I do keep a big bottle of desiccant in the safe. They make going to the range or a match super easy, I grab the gun(s) I want, throw them in the range bag and I'm good to go.

I experimented with something called Ammo-Armor. I used different colors to coordinate with different guns. It didn't really work out because the OD green was so dark that it was hard to tell from black in dim light. Hoping I get some good ideas here.

https://ammo-armor.com/
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

I love those Midway pistol cases. I have a couple as well. On top of the 7 magazine pouches, there are 2 pockets on the other side, for small supplies or tools that may be needed for the gun. Those plus my range bag and I know I have everything I need for a match or range outing.

I do same with Midway and other pistol bags ala spara. I label each bag for a specific gun and it contains all it's mags. The pistols themselves are stored in the safe. The mags/bags in a concealed hiding spot easily accessible for a range trip or other. Of course, my EDC and HD bedside are primed and ready to go. I've had no rust problems with mags although not in a protected environment other than being in house. The safe has desiccant along with a Peet gun safe heater, and no problems there, either.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

senorgrand wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:03 am I found out my "range bag" has 10 magazine-sized pockets on the inside.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-24-in ... /302612152

$30 and the zippers can be locked with a small cable lock. Mine currently holds about 35 lbs of ammo.

Very low profile.
I have the Hercules/Harbor Freight version of that range bag.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Bucolic wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:51 pm I use a bucket buddy for the tools I keep in the barn and another for car detailing stuff.
What is this car detailing you speak of? Fortunately, it's a badge of honor in droughty California to have a nasty, filthy car. Sometimes I squirt the bird shit off. That's my level of detailing. Don't even need a bucket buddy for it.

(I do clean the interior from time to time.)