Browning Ammo

Finally made it to the range, now that the snow is melting and temps are in the 50s here in the Northwoods of MN.

Took the 380 with me as I needed to cycle through some SD ammo. This is the second Bersa Thunder I have owned. While there were no issues with feeding, my shooting was a bit off and all over the place. The older Bersa was a bit more accurate, or so I feel.

Anyways, I picked up some Browning 380 ammo to see if groupings get better with some different ammo.

18.99 a box each of self defense (X Point) And the FMJ stuff. Currently also 20% mail in rebate on this ammo.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Will report back when time permits.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Re: Browning Ammo

One of those weird MN days. Too cold for a bike ride, but too nice a day to be indoors. So off to the range.

Ammo fed well through the pistol. First two magazines were FMJ and I seemed to be off to a rough start with a few fliers but steadied out towards the end. Next magazine was top right of silhouette. Nice group.

Then moved up to the SD stuff. Browning calls it the X-Point and this is a 95 Gr bullet.
Group speaks for itself.

Magazine holds 8 rounds and most shooting was done at typical self-defense distances of 7-10 feet. Don't see the point in anything more with them pocket pistols.

Overall I would say good ammo. Shoots and groups well. Not sure the expansion on the Hollow Points but that might be for another thread.

CDFingers wrote:Looking forward to seeing your review. Those Bersas are pretty neat. Nice conceal gun. .380 is a respectable SD caliber. Check out Critical Defense by Hornady with their FTX head. I'd be interested to learn how well you think they feed in the Bersa.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting/amm ... /p/1217749

CDFingers
I love the 380. I also have a Kahr CW380. Love that pistol too.

I am a big fan of the FTX ammo and they have glowing reviews on the internet. Still have some old ammo and use those rounds in my 38 special and 9 mm handguns. I've used the 380 FTX in the past, but being cheap and finding these on sale.. I thought I'd give them a try.

I tend to Blazer Brass, Fiocchi, and Federal/American Eagle. Had good results with Aquila as well.
Getting 500 rounds each of .357 mag and .38 special today.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."