Did I just see that?

So Colion Noir, whom I take with a grain of salt, posted cut and response vid of Kamala Harris talking about her plans on gun control if she were elected to office. Apparently she wants to use a presidential decree to remove the FFL from the playing board? Forget for a moment that she wants to follow in the footsteps of FF VonClownstick and use the decree process to enact patently unconstitutional action but how many people would that put out of work? From Manufacturer down to local dealer and their employees. Gunsmiths? C&R dealers? In some states, like WA, you wouldn't even be able to do a private sale because we have to have an FFL holder broker the sale so that WA state gets it's taste of the pie.
The conspiracy theorist that lives in a deep dark place in my brain (largely responsible for writing fiction and running good RPG sessions) thinks it could be a ploy and she is getting a big pay out from gun manufacturers to create a scare so that sales go way up. That's how I'd write it for a thriller anyway.

Also. WTF Henry is making lever guns with loading gates now and they are really flippin' pretty.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

Re: Did I just see that?

SpaceRanger42 said:

Also. WTF Henry is making lever guns with loading gates now and they are really flippin' pretty.
Whoa - it's about time! I love my Henry .357 lever gun. I hate the loading tube.

[Update]- Nothing to see here folks :-). I just looked. They are boutique prices.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 11.43.46 AM.png

All the side loading models. at MSRP of $1,045 - or about $900 retail.

A Marlin 1894C .357 Magnum 18" Walnut Stock 9+1 is $660 at Buds Gun Shop. Granted, not as pretty.

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:54 pm So Colion Noir, whom I take with a grain of salt, posted cut and response vid of Kamala Harris talking about her plans on gun control if she were elected to office. Apparently she wants to use a presidential decree to remove the FFL from the playing board? Forget for a moment that she wants to follow in the footsteps of FF VonClownstick and use the decree process to enact patently unconstitutional action but how many people would that put out of work? From Manufacturer down to local dealer and their employees. Gunsmiths? C&R dealers? In some states, like WA, you wouldn't even be able to do a private sale because we have to have an FFL holder broker the sale so that WA state gets it's taste of the pie.
The conspiracy theorist that lives in a deep dark place in my brain (largely responsible for writing fiction and running good RPG sessions) thinks it could be a ploy and she is getting a big pay out from gun manufacturers to create a scare so that sales go way up. That's how I'd write it for a thriller anyway.

The loading gates are long overdue.

I watched the NOIR vid yesterday. Harris claims to be certain about her FFL claim. Granted, she is talking about what she considers bad FFLs, not all FFLs. Seems as if ATF already can do this.

I find myself hot to trot for that Henry in 38-55. I hope they do one in .357 though. I quite like my Henry BB in .357. I do wish that three calibers they chose to kick off with had the octagonal barrels though.

I am still just astounded that Harris and Booker are beating the same dead horse as one of their go to issues. At least Booker doesn't want to destroy a few thousand jobs and a multi million (billion?) dollar industry. Not that I want his plan either. TBH I have not looked at the gun stance of the other hopefuls, I fear it would depress me something fierce. Is anyone actually addressing the cause instead of the effect?

How stupid can one get: "Hey, guys with firepower, ammo, training, and attitude: I'm-a gonna pen-stroke prevent. Everything you luv. Vote for me."

Sure. Ever seen a big dog with a ramen noodle? Like that.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

max129 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:41 pm
SpaceRanger42 said:

Whoa - it's about time! I love my Henry .357 lever gun. I hate the loading tube.

[Update]- Nothing to see here folks :-). I just looked. They are boutique prices.

I already have two levers in 30/30. If they came out with a 357, I'd probably be forced to buy one.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen said:

I already have two levers in 30/30. If they came out with a 357, I'd probably be forced to buy one.
I'm certain I will take some fire for this, but I am confounded that they went to all that trouble and rolled out .38-55 and NOT .357 mag or .44 mag.

They must know something about their clientele that is opaque to me.

max129 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:15 pm
I'm certain I will take some fire for this, but I am confounded that they went to all that trouble and rolled out .38-55 and NOT .357 mag or .44 mag.

I'd guess it's because .38-55 over-all length is the same as .30-30; the .357 Magnum & 44 Magnum are almost an inch shorter, and likely wouldn't cycle through the action - most likely a lot of the internals would need redesign to use either .357 Magnum or .44 Magnum.
"...no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." ― Article VI, United States Constitution

KH has gone on to say that she will ban the import of AR15 style rifles. Yanno I could be wrong but i am 90% certain that this country is the leading producer of the rifles she wants to ban. I feel like I am on crazy pills whenever she speaks.

If I had to hazard a guess as to why Henry went with the 38-55 is equal parts marketing scheme and efficient tooling of their workflow. Three rounds of similar length and girth require less work than covering their whole spread. Though I am surprised they didn't go with 44-40, 45LC or .357 as these are all popular with CAS. It might be they wanted to appeal to the hunting crowd first. I have heard from some cowboy shooters that 38-55 is popular for the long distance side matches and Henry has been trying to court those guys since the beginning even though there is a very distinct anti Henry crowd in the CAS community.

Watching CNN today they had a clip where Kamala stated she would use Executive Order to ban the importation of Assault Weapons.

President Clinton already banned importation of "non-sporting" firearms. :roll:

As much of an active anti 2A person she is, I question if she really doesn't already know that.

So the problem is The Orange One is trying to be a dick-tater through Executive Order. Kamala's solution? "I can out dick-tater that." :no:

max129 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:15 pm
shinzen said:

Yeah, kind of surprising to me as well. Obviously I don't know what their sales numbers in each category look like, I'd hope the first models would be based on highest demand, and 30/30 + derivatives are definitely all hunting rounds, while the 357/44 Mag are as well, it's to a more limited extent. Perhaps they sell more in the 30/30 by a lot?
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

This thread seems uncomfortably unfocused and ADD to me.

The subject line is amorphous enough to express both positive surprise and outrage, which essentially means nothing. The OP then goes on to describe two completely unrelated subjects, one of which is apparently positive surprise and the other outrage, ironically appropriate to the subject line.

I have to ask, whence did the basic rules of online chat boards (or written communications in general) expand to include multitasking? Am I hopelessly outdated to expect one cohesive thread on each subject? Did I miss something in the past 26 years of the www that requires or encourages conservation of thread resources?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Sorry, Bis, just too many astounding things happening all at once.
I am 44 and was, in my time, both a communication major and a creative writing major. No I never finished that degree, I went to art school, studied music, spent time on archaeological digs, and myriad of interesting and entertaining activities. I have never once seen a rule written or implied that a conversation needs to stick to a single topic other than when writing an expository paper in a 101 comp class. That would be a terribly boring conversation. I am sorry if it causes you to feel salty, it wasn't my intent to piss in your mess kit. It is possible that I take as much exception to your complaint not actually contributing to either topic as you take to the fact that I addressed two unrelated yet notable occurrences in the thread that I chose to start in order to freely express my thoughts and ideas.

BKinzey wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:30 pm Watching CNN today they had a clip where Kamala stated she would use Executive Order to ban the importation of Assault Weapons.

President Clinton already banned importation of "non-sporting" firearms. :roll:

As much of an active anti 2A person she is, I question if she really doesn't already know that.

So the problem is The Orange One is trying to be a dick-tater through Executive Order. Kamala's solution? "I can out dick-tater that." :no:
There are so many restrictions, the prohibitionists can't even keep them straight...

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:51 pm KH has gone on to say that she will ban the import of AR15 style rifles. Yanno I could be wrong but i am 90% certain that this country is the leading producer of the rifles she wants to ban. I feel like I am on crazy pills whenever she speaks.
It's already illegal. She has no idea what she's talking about, and neither does her potential voter base. She can say whatever stupid thing comes into her head, tell whatever lies she wants, and twist everything up with diabolical spin to no illeffect. Sadly, her First Amendment rights allow her to mislead anyone who doesn't want to fact check her.

Heh. Same things are being discussed in the other KH thread.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ