-Ruger PC Carbine model 19100
-Midwest Industries M-Lok hand guard
-Burris AR-332 3x illuminated reticle prism scope
-Magpul hand stop
-Ergo M-Lok rubber grip inserts
-Magpul MS4 sling
-TandemKross trigger and compensator
-big ass Glock mags cuz 'Murka!

This gun is finally complete, I swear I'm not putting another dime into it except maybe cerakoting the stock and hand guard at some point down the road. Other than that, I don't think I could dream up a better urban defense carbine that's more fun and less expensive to shoot than this thing is right now. Absolute laser gun inside 50yds even with cheap range ammo.

Re: Ruger PC Carbine build complete

kronkmusic wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:33 pm
offensivename wrote:That looks way nicer than stock.
Funny enough, I originally bought it partially because of the "classic" look of it, it wasn't gonna upset anyone because it looked like a pretty standard hunting/ranch rifle, and then I go and spend a bunch of money to "tacticool" it up...
I think the bulk of the new hand guard helps draw the eye away from the mag. For some reason (maybe the angle?) the PCC's mags just don't do it for me.

offensivename wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:59 pm
kronkmusic wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:33 pm
offensivename wrote:That looks way nicer than stock.
Funny enough, I originally bought it partially because of the "classic" look of it, it wasn't gonna upset anyone because it looked like a pretty standard hunting/ranch rifle, and then I go and spend a bunch of money to "tacticool" it up...
I think the bulk of the new hand guard helps draw the eye away from the mag. For some reason (maybe the angle?) the PCC's mags just don't do it for me.
I agree about the mags. Pistol mag compatibility is popular and builds in an aftermarket of supply, but a straight vertical box mag and a rifle designed to make it look part of a whole would be more attractive.

Senorgrand’s CA capacity solution to use subcompact 10 round mags that fit flush is a good one.

senorgrand wrote:
kronkmusic wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:27 pm
senorgrand wrote:damn! :)

no trigger upgrade?
TandemKross trigger shoe and I replaced the sear spring and trigger return spring with slightly lighter weights, made a big difference for what was already a pretty damn good trigger.
links?

Also, how's the scope?
https://www.tandemkross.com/Ruger%C2%AE ... c_216.html

I like the scope a lot, the illuminated reticle is awesome and it feels well built. My only real criticism is that it has a relatively limited eye relief so there's some training in getting your cheek weld the same every time you bring it up.

DavidMS wrote:Nice looking rifle. How do you like the 3x scope?
I like it a lot, solidly built and allows for ridiculously tight groups at around 50yds. It does have a limited eye relief though at 2.5", and it really is 2.5", there's no real range in the eye relief to speak of. But the Ballistic 3X reticle is awesome, the glass is clear, sharp red and green illumination, and it was cheap. Plus Burris has one of those no-questions-asked "forever warranties."

Steven - Nice! you can barely tell that it's a PC!
I'm a newbie to shooting, and just bought a Ruger PC. I've been going to the range and loving it! taking the day off tomorrow to go shooting,
I did my first 'mod', i switched the mag release to right hand side. Is that a forward directing muzzle brake on yours?
i'm discovering that guns are just like cars - all kinds of tinkering and aftermarket parts out there..

SteveE wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:19 pm I just saw this thread and thought I'd add a picture of my recently completed Ruger PC Carbine. Yes, I've spent more on upgrades than the cost of the actual rifle itself, but it's been a fun and informative project for me.

RugerPCC.jpg
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

ThadCT wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:32 pm Steven - Nice! you can barely tell that it's a PC!
I'm a newbie to shooting, and just bought a Ruger PC. I've been going to the range and loving it! taking the day off tomorrow to go shooting,
I did my first 'mod', i switched the mag release to right hand side. Is that a forward directing muzzle brake on yours?
i'm discovering that guns are just like cars - all kinds of tinkering and aftermarket parts out there..
It's a KAW Valley linear compensator. The actual model is the "Kaw Valley Precision 9mm XL Linear Comp Slim" and here's the link to where I purchased mine online.

https://www.wingtactical.com/firearm-pa ... near-comp/

The first things I replaced were the mag release and charging handle for "extended" aftermarket ones. It all went downhill from there LOL...