Re: Post Your Cartoons and Yuk Yuks

MaxWyatt wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:42 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:40 am As we were driving into Eugene on Saturday, I saw bunch of people fishing in a river ... and there was a pickup in the river up to its axles. Look deliberate, too.
Around here, we wash our trucks while we're fishing. :roflmao: Which highway were you on when you saw this? I'm curious.
The 5
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

:goodpost:
I like that it makes me think before rewarding me with laughter. Which means of course I am probably a boot-play kinkmeister.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

https://politics.theonion.com/media-urg ... 1835302127
Media Urged Not To Release Names Of Any More Presidential Candidates In Effort To Prevent Copycats

Yesterday 12:28pm

WASHINGTON—Warning that the promise of publicity and notoriety is often exactly what motivates a run for the White House in the first place, media ethics groups called on news outlets Thursday to stop releasing the names of presidential candidates, part of an effort to stem the tide of copycats. “When a person launches a bid for president and then receives widespread media coverage, it only inspires other unstable individuals out there to do the exact same thing,” said media ethicist Payton Howard, who recommended reporters continue to cover announcements of candidacy when they have news value, but avoid naming the person campaigning for the presidency. “These announcements have been happening nearly every week, often accompanied by some sort of policy proposal that has been written in an attempt to justify the action. But when those ideas get repeated in the media, they can inspire a whole new crop of imitators who seek the attention that comes from a presidential campaign. It is irresponsible to make celebrities out of these people. They are clearly very sick.” At press time, it appeared the new media strategy failed when former New Orleans mayor Mitch Landrieu announced he was running for president.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Is it The Onion or real news.

Trump just claimed the moon is a part of Mars in a bonkers tweet attacking NASA

Trump State Department bans LGBT Pride flag from flying on flagpoles — at all US embassies

Trump said he has ‘one of the finest Cabinets.’

Republicans are trying to bar Democrats from calling Trump a liar during next week’s obstruction hearings

Trump warns China not to underestimate his willingness to sacrifice every American’s well being over trade.

They are all real news, except the last one. Unfortunately that one is still true.

It is really sad when the Onion is so close to real news.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

BKinzey wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:04 pm
HuckleberryFun wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:35 pm F53163B7-3A6E-402B-9759-476C985463F9.jpeg
You aren't kidding, here is a recent anti-union employee campaign poster from Delta. It was placed in an employee only area. At first I thought it was faked, but no, management thought this was a good idea.

D6INgUTW0AEABOy 2.jpg
Oh yeah, I’m familiar with Delta’s devious plan to distract with toys. There was much mocking laughter.

K9s said:

Buying ammo just isn't as full of happiness as a new firearm.
Unless you buy a whole lot of it. "Ammo Hoarding Anonymous" is not a recovery group - it's an advice support forum for how to store it and hide it. And those who hoard are horrified that someone might want to SHOOT our precious stored ammo. No. Shooting requires -more- ammo.

max129 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:54 am
K9s said:

Buying ammo just isn't as full of happiness as a new firearm.
Unless you buy a whole lot of it. "Ammo Hoarding Anonymous" is not a recovery group - it's an advice support forum for how to store it and hide it. And those who hoard are horrified that someone might want to SHOOT our precious stored ammo. No. Shooting requires -more- ammo.
I buy enough that I almost never run out. I hope to have enough for retirement some day!

I only have one box of ammo that I will probably never shoot because the price has doubled since I bought it - if/when you can find it. When I sell that C&R rifle, I will sell the ammo with it.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt