Re: Exercises

I make jokes, but I'm serious about archery being an exercise for shooting. Check out this grip angle comparison:

gripangle.JPG

I work on follow through in much the same way, archery and pistol. In archery, the bow is pushed behind the arrow due to the tension being released, and the follow through consists of visually following the arrow into the target with the right hand, using the thumb and index finger as a mental rear sight, like with the pistol. With the pistol, the follow through is much the same, but the pistol kicks back. The following of the bullet into the target serves to bring the pistol back on line, and it helps prevent anticipating the recoil.

The same muscles hold up the bow as hold up the pistol, the deltoid. Since I shoot the hand guns one handed, the way I address the target, archery and pistol, use the same foot placement and angle. Like Klownkannon I drink a prodigious amount of coffee, so my hand can jump a tad from time to time. I play archery two to three times a week, about twenty arrows per session. I should shoot pistols as often--if the range was in my back yard like with archery.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Ah-nold once said "You shouldn't drink and bake". Nothing about shooting, tho.

About excercising...I'm in the middle of pulling our 700' well piping. Solo. Friggin' hot today.

Otherwise I'm moving big transmitters home and stripping the components for ham radio projects. Or still building our house (pouring concrete this time).

At 66, that is enuf to tire my ass out/keep me in shape to shoot whatever. I remember owning an old Schwinn Paramount in college...

SR
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

BulletStream wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:22 am I don't really exercise for any shooting improvements. I like to bike ride a lot. Use my bike more than my truck.
Sounds like me. Bike gets used everyday and the truck is parked until I need to haul something or go play in the woods.

As far as other exercises go, I do some weight lifting and use a grip strengthener similar to the one in the first video above. Although, looking at my last EHJ scores, I need to work a bit more. :oops: