Re: Another expensive hobby: astronomy

I dabble. I have dabbled since I was a kid. Never got any really serious equipment, but had fun with whatever I had. Currently have an old used Bushnell 650 X 3" reflector. It's a pain to use but once it's on what ever it works fairly well. However the weather here in western Washington is not very conducive to stargazing. I got it out about a week ago, got it all set up and it's been cloudy and/or raining every night since.

jeffsmith wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:57 am @eris You are 8 hrs East of a place that's Bortle Class 1
(Among other places in TX)
Marathon TX in Brewster county
The Marathon Motel & RV Park has "Telescope Pads" with power
You really can utilize your new Telescope
I spent 2 months in Marathon last year and a few days this Spring just enjoying the Dark Sky
I knew it was dark out there, but I did not know about that motel. I'm making a note of that. Thanks!
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:07 pm
lurker wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:35 pm
amaliabennett wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:40 pm Wow! What's the price? Where to buy?
hi, amAlia! :welcome:
stop by the intro section and tell us about yourself!
I'm afraid our new Romanian friend won't be returning. So sad.
Lifespan (here) of a fruitfly! :roflmao:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Eris wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:07 pm
lurker wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:35 pm
amaliabennett wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:40 pm Wow! What's the price? Where to buy?
hi, amAlia! :welcome:
stop by the intro section and tell us about yourself!
I'm afraid our new Romanian friend won't be returning. So sad.
kinda figured as much, but wanted not to call her/it out immediately. they're really very easy to spot.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?