Re: Hello from Texas.

some libertarians honestly believe that minimal government is the best solution to societal woes. republicans used to believe that, too, maybe some still do. i personally feel that's incredibly naive, placing too much faith in the goodness of human nature. unrestrained, many of us become wild animals. lately i think it's just an excuse for unrestrained greed.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Libertarians down here are usually Republicans who want legalized cannabis or less rules on business than the GOP wants. I really haven't met one here with deep philosophical views or any principles. No offense to libertarians here on the forum. :)
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

lurker wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:21 pm some libertarians honestly believe that minimal government is the best solution to societal woes. republicans used to believe that, too, maybe some still do. i personally feel that's incredibly naive, placing too much faith in the goodness of human nature. unrestrained, many of us become wild animals. lately i think it's just an excuse for unrestrained greed.
You make a good point. :crazy: can always count on people to do the wrong thing.

K9s wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 pm Libertarians down here are usually Republicans who want legalized cannabis or less rules on business than the GOP wants. I really haven't met one here with deep philosophical views or any principles. No offense to libertarians here on the forum. :)
Nothing wrong with saving money by not making stoners unnecessary criminals.