Racist Trump

Talk about anything you like but keep it civil. This is a public forum, the views and opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of the LGC.

Moderators: Inquisitor, admin, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

Message
Author
FrontSight
Loquacious
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 pm
Contact:

Racist Trump

#1 Post by FrontSight » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:50 am

So apparently being labeled a racist pisses Trump off. Let’s return the favor for 2016’s crooked Hillary by having all dem candidates call him Racist Trump.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

User avatar
Wino
Loquacious
Posts: 2459
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:04 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#2 Post by Wino » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 am

Works for me.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw."
"The greatest threat facing the United States is its own president." David Rothkopf, WaPo

User avatar
TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 16110
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: LGC MEMBER: The "Crazy" part of Denton Texas
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#3 Post by TrueTexan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:49 am

Goes right along with Putin's Puppet and Moscow Mitch. Maybe Klan Trump and that gets the whole family?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

User avatar
senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 19419
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am
Location: LGC MEMBER: Calif Central Coast
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#4 Post by senorgrand » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:54 am

Well, he's clearly racist, but I'm not sure that's a winning strategy for candidates trying to convince people who voted for Trump in 2016 to vote Dem in 2020. cognitive dissonance and all that.
Image

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#5 Post by K9s » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:19 pm

senorgrand wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:54 am
Well, he's clearly racist, but I'm not sure that's a winning strategy for candidates trying to convince people who voted for Trump in 2016 to vote Dem in 2020. cognitive dissonance and all that.
Well, the Trump Klan wants to lie and divide. They want to paint all opposition as open borders radical socialist Christian haters. What's the harm in pointing out that the Trump Klan and cronies hate non-white people? Truth hurts?

I think that the "convert Trump voters" argument must be a regional thing. I have never met a Trump voter that wouldn't crawl across broken glass to vote for him. The goal in red states has to be voter turnout to flip local and, maybe, statewide and congressional seats. His approval rating isn't very strong in most states. It won't take a lot of new voters to flip a lot of states.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

User avatar
senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 19419
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am
Location: LGC MEMBER: Calif Central Coast
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#6 Post by senorgrand » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:31 pm

I think there were enough "swing" voters who swung to Trump becausd they were so sick of Hillary. I doubt many would say now that they voted for Trump, but the very fact that he's our President shows that they must have voted for him.
Image

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#7 Post by K9s » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:10 am

senorgrand wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:31 pm
I think there were enough "swing" voters who swung to Trump becausd they were so sick of Hillary. I doubt many would say now that they voted for Trump, but the very fact that he's our President shows that they must have voted for him.
Again, you are correct about some regions. Low voter turnout is also a good explanation for some regions.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

FrontSight
Loquacious
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#8 Post by FrontSight » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:19 pm

senorgrand wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:31 pm
I think there were enough "swing" voters who swung to Trump becausd they were so sick of Hillary. I doubt many would say now that they voted for Trump, but the very fact that he's our President shows that they must have voted for him.
Trump is sitting in the White House because of the 4 million swing voters and registered democrats who voted for Obama, and chose to stay home and not vote in 2016. Trump didn't win so much as Hillary lost.

Hillary was a piss poor candidate, and in some ways she really was "crooked Hillary" (although not in any of the ways Trump was thinking when he slapped that label on her). I saw 2016 as a repudiation of Hillary because she is such a flaming moderate (or at times, conservative). So she really didn't inspire.

Of course after the election we found out all the crooked (immoral, but not illegal) things she did with/to the Democratic Party. I wasn't crazy about Hillary, but I sure the hell couldn't vote for Trump. Election day felt like a Soul-ectomy session.


Trump clearly is a racist, but he claims he isn't. Rumor has it, being called a racist REALLY gets under his skin. I read he went on a 15 minute full on, lose his shit, rant about being called a racist...Run with it!!!
As a candidate, I would put out a #RacistTrump on Twitter from time to time. But what I would do a LOT of, is running commercials through a PAC highlighting his racism and use the words "Racist Trump" as often as I can to solidify him as a racist in the minds of the voters.

America seemed to respond to his racism, and so did he. We found a weak spot in the armor, I would exploit it immediately, constantly, and persistently. But I would do so in a way that doesn't directly tie to any one candidate. The Republicans gave us PAC's and Citizen United...New rules, new playing field. So let's play by those rules, and use Republican tactics that THEY developed with those PAC's...And let's see what its like when Trump is on the receiving end. He's a man child, and a pussy deep down. I think he will lose his shit.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#9 Post by K9s » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 pm

If they run against Trump like they would run against David Duke, it will make more sense. It is an authentic attack.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

FrontSight
Loquacious
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#10 Post by FrontSight » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:51 pm

K9s wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 pm
If they run against Trump like they would run against David Duke, it will make more sense. It is an authentic attack.
I remember when David Duke was running for office in the '80's. He was FAR less overt in his racism than Trump is now. So yeah, you're right.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

User avatar
senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 19419
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am
Location: LGC MEMBER: Calif Central Coast
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#11 Post by senorgrand » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:23 am

I'm not sure Biden is going to drive democratic turnout, so he better appeal to "middle of the road voters" who voted for Trump.

If Bernie is the nominee (or Warren), turnout might be great enough to win without the middle, but I doubt it.
Image

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#12 Post by K9s » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:32 am

We won't know until we know. Without the Senate, it will be a "stop the bleeding" victory.

Red state local and state races may be just as important, anyway. Redistricting happens soon.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

User avatar
CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 19145
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm
Location: Member LGC: norCal
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#13 Post by CDFingers » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:05 am

While watching Meet the Press on Sunday, I sensed that we have crossed a line. Public reaction is beginning to come together behind a clear sense that Trump has been legitimizing and stoking white nationalist hatred. And I doubt the public will have a neutral or modest reaction if this perception of licensing hate hardens.
https://thebulwark.com/could-this-be-th ... m=referral

To us it's obvious, but to the average meat head, it's not, so we have to keep showing them these things.

CDFingers
ImageImage
The wolf came in, I got my cards. We sat down for a game.
Cut the deck to the Queen of Spades, but the cards were all the same.

FrontSight
Loquacious
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#14 Post by FrontSight » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:53 am

Just like 2016, Trump is HIGHLY beatable. America is REALLY tired of the "establishment" and Hillary was as establishment as it gets; she was a really bad choice for the nomination. Let's not forget, Trump didn't win so much as Hillary lost. 4 million voters who turned out and voted for Obama stayed home because they found NOTHING inspiring about Hillary (and perhaps thought Trump would be okay).

So here we are, Trump has been an absolute train wreck. I can't help but wonder if those 4 million people are rethinking their 2016 decisions and may show up in 2020. As we sit right now, Trump is in a LOT of trouble. He dodged the impeachment bullet (for now, probably forever because the Democrats lack a spine), but he is finally being called on his bullshit and its getting traction. Before, his BS just made noise, but the center and the right just didn't care. Now polls are showing most of the center now disapproves of Trump, think he's a racist, and almost 60% believe his racist remarks are directly responsible for the mass shootings. That's a bid deal, and it's hurting him for the first time. More importantly, a Fox news poll shows that a full 24% of registered Republicans now feel Trump's hate speech is to blame for the mass shootings!

As a general rule, Americans are much more concerned about their pocketbooks than they are about social justice (which is really sad). So the distaste for Trump over racism in this very racist country isn't going to last...America will "forget" unless he does us all a favor and continues to "refresh" his racist image. It has been reported that Trump is enraged by being called a racist (which is why I'm supporting the #RacistTrump moniker)...because its actually bothering him, he may not continue to fuel the flames. So if his racism is suppressed over the next year, he has a chance.

HOWEVER... A recession is looming, and as we know; THAT is what lead to the last two single term presidents. So if the recession hits before November of 2020, Trump's goose is cooked! And from where I'm sitting, that recession is less than 6 months out. That may actually hit a little too soon, at least its too soon for my comfort.

We still need a decent candidate. Sadly, when Biden misstates something it ends up being a HUGE story. Meanwhile when Trump says something dumb (literally every time he opens his mouth), few people are even paying attention, because everyone just laugh's it off like he's the crazy uncle (who has the Football following him around). This is fucking terrifying that he gets away with SO MUCH.

Among the Democratic candidates, the field isn't too bad. Sure there's a few that need to be weeded out. But Tulsi Gabbard will have a very hard time of it, and I think even she can beat Trump provided she plays her cards right. But despite her having some things that will hurt her in her background, she can form a complete sentence and thought, which we can't really say that about Trump. His debates have to come with SO MANY proviso's so he can stay focused. So the debates end up getting slanted in favor of Trump's stupidity, so all she has to do is fare even...The rest of the campaign is free game, and anyone opposing Trump should be able to easily trounce him! I would recommend not running commercials about the Mueller Report, because most thick headed Americans think it exonerates him. That's okay, because there is SO much ammo that has come directly from Trump's mouth to air as sound bytes against him, you don't need the Mueller Report at all.

To me, this election is just like 2016...It belongs to the Democrats, and it's theirs to lose.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

User avatar
senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 19419
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am
Location: LGC MEMBER: Calif Central Coast
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#15 Post by senorgrand » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:12 pm

If a Dem is to win against a sitting president (even one as shitty as Trump), they are going to have to energize voters with a positive vision of where they will take the country. If it's just a "dump trump" campaign, it will be 2004 all over again.
Image

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

User avatar
featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 4379
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#16 Post by featureless » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:17 pm

senorgrand wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:12 pm
If a Dem is to win against a sitting president (even one as shitty as Trump), they are going to have to energize voters with a positive vision of where they will take the country. If it's just a "dump trump" campaign, it will be 2004 all over again.
But we're going to dump trump and ban guns. Doesn't that sound like fun?

User avatar
senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 19419
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am
Location: LGC MEMBER: Calif Central Coast
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#17 Post by senorgrand » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Oh yeah...disarm me for the time the next facist comes along.
Image

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

User avatar
featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 4379
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#18 Post by featureless » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Exactly.

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#19 Post by K9s » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Trump and the GOP will continue to run on grievance and racism, so the voters cannot forget. Remember sending the military to the border for the holidays because of the caravan? It will get worse next year.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

FrontSight
Loquacious
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#20 Post by FrontSight » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:12 pm

He is VERY beatable. I thought the presenting a vision was kinda obvious, but I guess I need to add that in. ALL of the Dem candidates have shown far more vision thus far in their campaigns than Trump has his whole presidency. So I really don't think that is something to worry about. Most of the candidates have adopted Bernie's platform in whole or in significant part; so the vision is there. Now they just need to remind everyone of Trump's incompetence, and overt racism. Again, I would do the negative through the PAC's, so the candidate themselves can stay positive and on point whenever the camera is on them.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#21 Post by K9s » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:09 pm

It is difficult to know what will work for any candidate. We will know when we know. Just focus on your own local/state/fed reps. If your district is blue, help flip a red state statehouse in a GOP trifecta state. Focus on what you can do, not what Trump does.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

User avatar
highdesert
Carpal Tunnel
Posts: 13959
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:54 pm
Location: Biggest state on the Left Coast
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#22 Post by highdesert » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:01 pm

senorgrand wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:12 pm
If a Dem is to win against a sitting president (even one as shitty as Trump), they are going to have to energize voters with a positive vision of where they will take the country. If it's just a "dump trump" campaign, it will be 2004 all over again.
I agree. Last time I looked 35% of the US identified as conservative, 35% as moderate and 26% as liberal. In each of those categories there are many shades from far right to far left. Most independents are moderates. Incumbency is powerful, if Democrats select a candidate that is too far away from the mainstream don't be surprised if Trump wins another term.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

FrontSight
Loquacious
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#23 Post by FrontSight » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:23 pm

highdesert wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:01 pm
senorgrand wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:12 pm
If a Dem is to win against a sitting president (even one as shitty as Trump), they are going to have to energize voters with a positive vision of where they will take the country. If it's just a "dump trump" campaign, it will be 2004 all over again.
I agree. Last time I looked 35% of the US identified as conservative, 35% as moderate and 26% as liberal. In each of those categories there are many shades from far right to far left. Most independents are moderates. Incumbency is powerful, if Democrats select a candidate that is too far away from the mainstream don't be surprised if Trump wins another term.
Everyone has their perspectives. Hillary was straight up mainstream, and she lost, so that's a tough point to make. On the other hand, I think many question whether a self avowed socialist can win in America...A question I have as well. My personal feelings on the matter is that we should try a true progressive, since they won with a true conservative. At this point I refuse to believe America is willing to take a real conservative, but not a real progressive...that would actually be a bit depressing. Perhaps we split the difference and go with Warren who has pretty much adopted Bernie's whole platform, but has never said the big scary "S" word.

Regardless, I'll take ANY of them over Trump, and day of the week. It's sad when your new minimum standard for the president of the united states is just someone who can complete a full sentence.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight
Loquacious
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#24 Post by FrontSight » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:29 pm

K9s wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:09 pm
It is difficult to know what will work for any candidate. We will know when we know. Just focus on your own local/state/fed reps. If your district is blue, help flip a red state statehouse in a GOP trifecta state. Focus on what you can do, not what Trump does.
My home state (now) of Nevada rolled blue last election. I live in the North, so I was rather surprised NV went blue because in my neck of the woods every other car has a Trump sticker, rebel flag, or some other hillbilly racist shit. Las Vegas seems to carry the state, but I hope I'm wrong about that. My hope is that northern NV carries sway and they were just appalled enough to not swing for Trump...That's my fantasy, but I don't think it really went that way. But to YOUR point, I think NV could be a semi-red state that turns blue.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Racist Trump

#25 Post by K9s » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:31 pm

FrontSight wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:29 pm
K9s wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:09 pm
It is difficult to know what will work for any candidate. We will know when we know. Just focus on your own local/state/fed reps. If your district is blue, help flip a red state statehouse in a GOP trifecta state. Focus on what you can do, not what Trump does.
My home state (now) of Nevada rolled blue last election. I live in the North, so I was rather surprised NV went blue because in my neck of the woods every other car has a Trump sticker, rebel flag, or some other hillbilly racist shit. Las Vegas seems to carry the state, but I hope I'm wrong about that. My hope is that northern NV carries sway and they were just appalled enough to not swing for Trump...That's my fantasy, but I don't think it really went that way. But to YOUR point, I think NV could be a semi-red state that turns blue.
Nevada is an interesting case. I was surprised it went blue. Everyone I know in Vegas is pro-Trump (Max moved to Utah).

We just had another proud white nationalist pull out of a Congressional race here in GA. The right-wing nuts are running against anti-gun activist McBath in GA-06. There seems to be no middle here, so it is an easy vote for a Dem for half the state population.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests