Re: Epstein successful, apparently

K9s wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:18 am Here's the conspiracy theory I have yet to hear:

Epstein's death was faked to protect "elites" and he will live on his private island under a new identity.
I have seen that one already. Said he was taken away in an unscheduled prisoner transfer by a van with a soldier in it, *someone* was brought back who looked like him and that person died.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:34 am
K9s wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:18 am Here's the conspiracy theory I have yet to hear:

Epstein's death was faked to protect "elites" and he will live on his private island under a new identity.
I have seen that one already. Said he was taken away in an unscheduled prisoner transfer by a van with a soldier in it, *someone* was brought back who looked like him and that person died.
Dang. I thought I had a cable TV movie ready to go.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I'm just waiting for AG Bill Barr to declare there is no reason to continue investigating the actions of Epstein, case is closed, with all documents and evidence to be placed under seal for 50 years.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:31 am I'm just waiting for AG Bill Barr to declare there is no reason to continue investigating the actions of Epstein, case is closed, with all documents and evidence to be placed under seal for 50 years.
That's what I'm afraid of and the whole underpinning of my "how the fuck was this allowed to happen" statements. It just stinks, all the way around.

I tried to listen to some news and it seems like Epstein is all the rage. In the mean time today, on the anniversary of Charlottesville, the Endangered Species Act and immigration policy was changed in ways that are far more significant than this Epstein coverage.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:36 pm I tried to listen to some news and it seems like Epstein is all the rage. In the mean time today, on the anniversary of Charlottesville, the Endangered Species Act and immigration policy was changed in ways that are far more significant than this Epstein coverage.
You just wonder what dirty deeds is the administration doing using the coverage of the Epstein debacle?
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 am
K9s wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:36 pm I tried to listen to some news and it seems like Epstein is all the rage. In the mean time today, on the anniversary of Charlottesville, the Endangered Species Act and immigration policy was changed in ways that are far more significant than this Epstein coverage.
You just wonder what dirty deeds is the administration doing using the coverage of the Epstein debacle?
I do not envy the next POTUS staff. They will have a lot to clean up.

Trump backed away from tariffs today. No one except the stock market noticed, I bet. Are we sick of all the winning yet?

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wait'll you see this.
Epstein's Death Was On 4Chan Before Officials Announced It — Now Authorities Are Investigating

About 38 minutes before news outlets first reported Jeffrey Epstein's death in prison, a 4chan user published a detailed post about it.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ja ... 4chan-post

Dey know nuttink, vich is vhy dey investigate.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Wait'll you see this.
Epstein's Death Was On 4Chan Before Officials Announced It — Now Authorities Are Investigating

About 38 minutes before news outlets first reported Jeffrey Epstein's death in prison, a 4chan user published a detailed post about it.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ja ... 4chan-post

Dey know nuttink, vich is vhy dey investigate.

CDFingers
Just think, If we had the internet and 4chan back in 1963 we would have known for sure who killed Kennedy.

Barr is playing defense now, there is a lot of pressure on DOJ and the Bureau of Prisons which is part of DOJ.
Attorney General William Barr has ordered the Bureau of Prisons to temporarily reassign the warden at the New York federal prison where accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein was found dead over the weekend pending federal investigations into his apparent suicide. Two staff members assigned to Epstein’s unit at the Metropolitan Correctional Center (MMC) in lower Manhattan have also been placed on administrative leave, Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said Tuesday, noting additional actions may be taken if warranted.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) disclosed the developments Tuesday afternoon, one day after Barr expressed outrage over Epstein's death and spoke of “serious irregularities" at the federal prison in New York. “I was appalled — indeed, the entire department was — and, frankly, angry to learn of the MCC’s failure to adequately secure this prisoner. We are now learning of serious irregularities at this facility that are deeply concerning and that demand a thorough investigation,” Barr said during remarks at a law enforcement conference in New Orleans on Monday morning.

“We will get to the bottom of what happened at the MCC and we will hold people accountable for this failure,” Barr said. Kupec said Tuesday that the MCC warden, whose name is Shirley Skipper-Scott, would be reassigned to the bureau’s Northeast Regional Office while the FBI and Justice Department inspector general investigate the circumstances surrounding Epstein’s death. James Petrucci has been named acting warden of the MCC, the Justice Department added. “The Bureau of Prisons also placed on administrative leave two MCC staff assigned to Mr. Epstein’s unit pending the outcome of the investigations. Additional actions may be taken as the circumstances warrant," Kupec said.

Epstein, a registered sex offender following an earlier conviction in 2008, was found dead of apparent suicide in his cell early Saturday morning. He had been placed on suicide watch back in late July after reportedly being found with marks on his neck. The developments over the weekend have triggered questions about the circumstances of his death and massive scrutiny of the conditions at the detention facility. Various reports have described the federal jail as being short-staffed and some have suggested that corrections officers did not follow protocol by regularly checking on Epstein during his detention.

Epstein, a wealthy financier with ties to multiple powerful people, had been held at the detention facility since July 6 when he was arrested on federal sex trafficking charges. His death cuts short a high-profile criminal prosecution, though Barr insisted Monday that prosecutors would continue their investigation into the sex trafficking allegations. “Let me assure you this case will continue on against anyone who was complicit with Epstein,” Barr said. “Any co-conspirators should not rest easy. The victims deserve justice and they will get it.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... nt-suicide
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Usually, they don't rush out and say it was a suicide or whatever, right? They say it is under investigation. Barr runs out and it was a suicide and blames the prison immediately?

Incompetence, not conspiracy. Blatant, ridiculous incompetence.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

It's always the cover up that brings 'em down.

Who will turn out to be the coverer-up in chief? Don't know. Maybe it's a small global team of a half dozen or a baker's dozen--which somehow makes sense, like the number of steps up to the traditional gallows.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Guards on the unit are now suspected of falsifying log entries to show they were making the checks, according to another person familiar with the investigation. Surveillance video reviewed after the death showed guards never made some of the checks noted in the log, according to the person, who also wasn’t authorized to disclose information and spoke to the Associated Press on Tuesday on condition of anonymity.
While the exact manner of Epstein’s death has not been officially announced, another person familiar with operations at the jail said the financier was discovered in his cell with a bedsheet around his neck. That person likewise spoke on condition of anonymity for the same reason.
he Bureau of Prisons sent a team of prison psychologists, known as a suicide reconstruction team, to the jail on Tuesday, a Justice Department official said. They are expected to reconstruct the scene, analyze why Epstein took his own life and look at how it happened, the official said. The official couldn’t discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

The official said Deputy Atty. Gen. Jeffrey Rosen was being briefed by the FBI every three hours on the progress of their investigation.
One of Epstein’s guards the night he died was not a regular correctional officer, one of those familiar with the case said.

Serene Gregg, president of the American Federation of Government Employees Local 3148, told the Washington Post that one of the guards was a fill-in who had been pressed into service because of staffing shortages.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... ail-guards

Yup, the great lesson of Watergate - don't be a victim of the coverup.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

K9s wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 pm
I do not envy the next POTUS staff. They will have a lot to clean up.

Trump backed away from tariffs today. No one except the stock market noticed, I bet. Are we sick of all the winning yet?
Trump blinking on tariffs should be the biggest news story out there right now. It shows that Trump's finally figuring out that tariffs aren't the silver bullet he thought they were (everyone in the multiverse already knew this). It shows that he's reluctant to suffer the effects the tariffs have on the stock market and the associated political cost, and it sends a message to China that he's floundering. We are now in a weaker position than we were when we started.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

Congress is supposedly going to investigate, I also hope that France will follow through with an investigation on his activities over there. This case is going to be a breeding ground for all kinds of theories, I hope that we can get something other than #they did it or #he did it. His partner in crime Ghislaine Maxwell is apparently in hiding, if she turns up dead it's going to get real weird.

A DOJ investigating itself is not going to cut it.

Don't know much about Ghislaine Maxwell, but her father the media baron Robert Maxwell was a crook. Robert Maxwell (not his birth name) was Czech, escaped the holocaust and served in the British army as an officer, was a Labour MP and later got into publishing and newspapers. In 1991 he drowned after falling off his yacht the Lady Ghislaine, subsequently it was found that millions of dollars were missing from employee pension funds, the money apparently used to prop up his businesses. Speculation was his death was really suicide. One book out says he was the greatest agent Mossad ever had.

I am an A/V professional and work on Security and Audio Visual stuff including courtroom video/audio and jails and even some pretty high power federal prisons.

If there is no video of what happened to Epstein then there is a conspiracy. There is no way he was not under video surveillance 24/7 in any facility I have been in/worked on. Make no mistake - if we do not see the video or it does not exist there is a conspiracy. If it was "turned off" or he was being held in an area that was not under surveillance (there are no nooks or crannies in a prison that are not being recorded 24/7) or the video has been deleted or "lost" it is a conspiracy.

Period. No video of him offing himself is proof of a conspiracy to me. There is no way this happened out of view of a camera unless it was staged.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

From a broader perspective, it shows the impact of the hiring freezes across government and general managerial incompetence and disdain for government.

Short-staffed prisons, more private prisons with little oversight, DHS employees focused on immigration vs terrorism, EPA, FDA, etc. Bad things happen and government is supposed to do some good things.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

“I was appalled — indeed, the entire department was — and, frankly, angry to learn of the MCC’s failure to adequately secure this prisoner,” Barr said.

The gentleman doth protests too much, methinks.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

An autopsy found that financier Jeffrey Epstein sustained multiple breaks in his neck bones, according to two people familiar with the findings, deepening the mystery about the circumstances around his death.

Among the bones broken in Epstein’s neck was the hyoid bone, which in men is near the Adam’s apple. Such breaks can occur in those who hang themselves, particularly if they are older, according to forensics experts and studies on the subject. But they are more common in victims of homicide by strangulation, the experts said.
The office of New York City’s chief medical examiner, Barbara Sampson, completed an autopsy of Epstein’s body Sunday. But Sampson listed the cause of his death as pending.

Asked about the neck injuries, Sampson said in a statement that no single factor in an autopsy can alone provide a conclusive answer about what happened.
People familiar with the autopsy, who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitive stage of the investigation, said Sampson’s office is seeking additional information on Epstein’s condition in the hours before his death. That could include video evidence of the jail hallways, which may establish whether anyone entered Epstein’s cell during the night he died; results of a toxicology screening to determine if there was any unusual substance in his body; and interviews with guards and inmates who were near his cell.
Jonathan L. Arden, president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, said a hyoid can be broken in many circumstances but is more commonly associated with homicidal strangulation than suicidal hanging.

Arden, who was not involved in the Epstein autopsy, said that in general, a finding of a broken hyoid requires pathologists to conduct more extensive investigation. That investigation can include analysis of the location of the noose, how narrow the noose is, and if the body experienced any substantial drop in the course of the hanging.

The age of the deceased is also important, Arden said. The hyoid starts out as three small bones with joint-like connections but hardens during middle age into a U-shape that can break more easily.

“If, hypothetically, the hyoid bone is broken, that would generally raise questions about strangulation, but it is not definitive and does not exclude suicidal hanging,” he said.

A handful of studies conducted over the past decade have produced conflicting results about the likelihood of a hyoid break in a suicide. In a study of 20 suicidal hangings in Thailand, published in 2010, one-fourth of the men who hanged themselves had broken hyoids. In a larger study of suicidal hangings of young adults and middle-aged people in India, conducted from 2010 to 2013, hyoid damage was found in just 16 of 264 cases, or 6 percent. The study addressed the discrepancies in academic reviews, saying wide variations in findings of hyoid breaks are “possibly due to factors like age of the victim, weight of the victim, type of suspension and height of suspension.”

Hyoid fractures have previously sparked controversy in jailhouse and other contentious deaths.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... edirect=on