Howdy from Oregon

I'd first heard of LGC from a friend who attended a range day and was pleasantly surprised to find a non-NRA firearms community. Someone on this forum described LGC as "a sane and reasonable group of free radicals," to which I say, "sign me up!"

I reside in the part of Oregon better (or for worse) known for its downtown knucklehead skirmishes, for which I have very little tolerance. I grew up in Texas, moved to the PNW fairly recently, and love the variety of nature in this part of our nation. On one hand, the left/right "divide" here gets a lot of press, but on the other hand, I've met a lot of sane and reasonable Oregonians in the wide spectrum of the middle.

I recently caught the gun bug, starting with some training classes offered through a local sheriff's department, and am currently working on becoming a less awful shooter with a Shield 9mm and an M&P9 2.0 Compact. I've started the application process for a CHL, and eventually I may switch to a P365 (maybe the SAS?) for concealed carry, but honestly I'm in no hurry. I'm fairly content working on improving the sight & trigger habits (a fair amount of dry fire practice at home) and reinforcing those habits at the range. Occasionally I'll go for a fun plinking day with my M&P15-22 (not a S&W fanboy; largely drawn to the lower pricetags...).

Looking forward to lurking and occasionally contributing to dialogue here. Cheers!

Re: Howdy from Oregon

Hi from NJ. If you're willing to look at the Sig P365, you may want to also look at the H-K VP9 SK in comparison. I have the full size VP9 and from what I've seen the sub-compact version ("SK") gets rave reviews. I also have a P320 that can be set up in S-C mode--a bit bigger than the P365.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: Howdy from Oregon

TEXGunny wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:58 am the p365 is a ferrari of CCW pistols. 1911-esque trigger.

Do you only shoot pistols or are you also into long guns
I've only got to dry fire a P365 recently, and now I'm interested in trying out a 1911 when I get the chance. There's a plethora of options for 1911s - what would you recommend in the ~$500 region?

The range to which I have a membership is almost all pistol caliber only, but they do have a "rifle night" once a week which became the impetus for ordering a PSA AR15 (they definitely market to their core customer demographic, which doesn't offend me as much as amuses me). I don't shoot it all that often, but it's a lot of very noisy fun. The range lanes only go to 25 yards, so it's really not the most optimal place to practice a rifle, but I appreciate being able to get my 5.56 ya-ya's out in a comfy spot.