Even-Handed Justice Match #4 Results

Sorry it took me so long to report these. We had five shooters this time plus one more who sent me scans of his targets but no totals of the scores, handgun used, etc. Two shot rimfire and five shot centerfire. Good on Pomme and Merle for shooting both.

Once again, Bacchus triumphed in the centerfire class. Pomme smoked the rimfire class but merle was close on his heels. Here are the results:

Rimfire
Winner: Pomme - Mk III - Strong 248 Weak 187
Runner Up: Merle - Ruger Std - Strong 209 Weak 174

Centerfire
Winner: Bacchus - Ruger Sp-01 shooting .38Spl - Strong 265 Weak 287
Runner Up: bucolic - CZ Sp-01 - Strong 213 Weak 196

Honorable Mention: Merle, Pomme, and ThereAreDozensofUs

We seem to have distilled our shooter base to essentially a handful of participants. We used to get 12 or more shooters, If there is any interest, I can open another Bullseye Match for the remainder of 2019, though I think we need to refresh these matches somehow. Suggestions are welcome.

Re: Even-Handed Justice Match #4 Results

Congratulations to the hardy souls who stuck it out for this competition, and especially the two of you who shot both. (I would've shot both, and indeed had my rimfire pistol, but my key ring was left at home so the gun stayed locked. ;( ) A couple of notes about my scores... I have a shoulder injury that makes lifting my right arm painful, so the weak hand score ended up being better than strong. I also shot single action with the revolver, so it was easy peasy.

Bummer about the attendance. I'd love to do another match before year's end. How about we come up with something, and then get the word out hard. I can hawk it on the FB page.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bucolic wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pm Sorry it took me so long to report these. We had five shooters this time plus one more who sent me scans of his targets but no totals of the scores, handgun used, etc. Two shot rimfire and five shot centerfire. Good on Pomme and Merle for shooting both.

Once again, Bacchus triumphed in the centerfire class. Pomme smoked the rimfire class but merle was close on his heels. Here are the results:

Rimfire

Centerfire

We seem to have distilled our shooter base to essentially a handful of participants. We used to get 12 or more shooters, If there is any interest, I can open another Bullseye Match for the remainder of 2019, though I think we need to refresh these matches somehow. Suggestions are welcome.

I wonder if a different target would spark more interest - perhaps something like a bowling pin match?

I would like to have another BE match, and perhaps running it the rest of the year would help.

Maybe more time due to hunting season, bad weather, etc???
Merle from PA

Merle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:01 pm
Bucolic wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pm Sorry it took me so long to report these. We had five shooters this time plus one more who sent me scans of his targets but no totals of the scores, handgun used, etc. Two shot rimfire and five shot centerfire. Good on Pomme and Merle for shooting both.

Rimfire

Centerfire

I wonder if a different target would spark more interest - perhaps something like a bowling pin match?

I would like to have another BE match, and perhaps running it the rest of the year would help.

A lot of people, myself included, have no bowling pins shooting at their local range.

Pomme wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:40 am
Merle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Rimfire

Centerfire

A lot of people, myself included, have no bowling pins shooting at their local range.

OOPPSS on me - I meant printed on paper. I have seen several sizes available FWIW.
Merle from PA