Re: Python, more than just a rumor.

eelj wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:51 am Ken Hackathorn test shooting and has a possible response to the resetting of the action problem, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrLYZruNw_g I'm curious if they put out the effort to lap the barrels like the old ones. The barrels were accurate out to 100yds and beyond.
I had to stop watching it cus the interviewer kept pointing the gun down at Ken's balls and swept him once.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Re: Python, more than just a rumor.

Colt released 1,000 (or was it 1,500?) and there have been a few glitches. Mainly a couple folks on YouTube (Hickock 45 mainly) have had trouble with the cylinder not revolving. I figure those 1,000 Python were released partially as a form of Beta-testing. I'm not worried about it and I do plan on buying one even with the $1,499 (MSRP) price tag. Of course the Colt haters (and Colt did much to earn such bad feelings) are seizing on this, but I can recall problems with Smith & Wesson's first generation of 586/686 and having to issue a recall in the Eighties. A recall that is still honored to this day. I also recall Ruger having issues over the years as well as Kimber. I believe Glock also has had problems with new generations. It happens and I am confident that Colt will get it fixed. I have sold a few guns and I've got the money. Now I just have to wait for it to become available. I figure by this summer it should be available (hopefully). I will be watching to see if Colt does fix the problems though. If it continues to be a problem ,and the model gets past the early days, then I might take my money elsewhere. I hope that isn't the case.
Last edited by Checkman on Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I type therefore I am