Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

I want a Ruger LCRx 3" .357. It finally made it onto the roster. Ugly as it is, it would be the bees' knees for a woods/ranch gun.

I also keenly want the Marlin MODEL 1894 CSBL, also a .357. Should be California future proof as well as useful for hunting/home protection.

Who knows if budget will allow either. I need to sell my neglected Westfalia project...

The scarecrow theme is going through my head, “if i only had a plan....”

The Ruger 44 was one. I need a 629 to match and a 10/22 International to match the Mannlicher stocked carbine I didn’t buy. And an M1A. Perhaps Henry single shots in .223 and .308.

I’ll start looking for pics and get back to you

Edited to add:

Remember this? Yeah, I’m on my way to changing $400 at Bud’s to several times that in gunbroker. I truly am not smart.
bajajoaquin wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:09 pm In fact, that might be the rifle that gets me to break my "no new calibers" rule. The discussion about spending $400 at Bud's got me thinking that maybe I didn't want to spend $400 at Bud's. Instead, what I really wanted was a 629 in 5" barrel. Not only is it what I really want (rather than a .357) but it would mean I could get the Ruger .44 and only add one caliber! In other words, rather than spending $400 on something as an impulse, I've almost talked myself into a protracted search to spend 4x-5x that on a rifle and handgun combo.

I'm really not very bright.

That's all. Please feel free to tell me I'm wrong, deliriously right, or about something else you have a hard time resisting.
And here’s a 10/22 International.
Attachments
C267BEDE-52FC-488A-98CC-0A6D85B229DC.jpeg
C267BEDE-52FC-488A-98CC-0A6D85B229DC.jpeg (9.31 KiB) Viewed 3622 times

kronkmusic wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:14 pm
featureless wrote:
lsj74 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:47 pm Dan Wesson DWX.
This will be my next purchase.
Fuck. You win!
Yes. Yes he does. These things look so awesome. If they run reliably (which they will), they'll soon be the new competition standard.
I don't have it yet.
I have about half the funds for it and we'll see how long it will take to get one when the time comes.... but it's going to be my next purchase.

Even though I'm only just about to put some rounds through my first handgun this Friday, I'm already looking at a S&W Chief's Special 36 for this Christmas.

However, it's got a pretty hefty pricetag of about $750+ ($680 at the lowest, I've found), and for that money (actually, even less) I could get a Mossberg 500 Retrograde and start my foray into shotguns. I was looking at the 590A1 but thanks to Hickock45's video this morning showing it off, there's absolutely no stock left in my area.
"See, chess doesn't prepare you for this. You can't say that a rook and three pawns flanked your knight but he laid down suppressing fire and punched through them anyway. You get disqualified if you try that."

bajajoaquin wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:52 pm The scarecrow theme is going through my head, “if i only had a plan....”

The Ruger 44 was one. I need a 629 to match and a 10/22 International to match the Mannlicher stocked carbine I didn’t buy. And an M1A. Perhaps Henry single shots in .223 and .308.

I’ll start looking for pics and get back to you

Edited to add:

Remember this? Yeah, I’m on my way to changing $400 at Bud’s to several times that in gunbroker. I truly am not smart.
bajajoaquin wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:09 pm In fact, that might be the rifle that gets me to break my "no new calibers" rule. The discussion about spending $400 at Bud's got me thinking that maybe I didn't want to spend $400 at Bud's. Instead, what I really wanted was a 629 in 5" barrel. Not only is it what I really want (rather than a .357) but it would mean I could get the Ruger .44 and only add one caliber! In other words, rather than spending $400 on something as an impulse, I've almost talked myself into a protracted search to spend 4x-5x that on a rifle and handgun combo.

I'm really not very bright.

That's all. Please feel free to tell me I'm wrong, deliriously right, or about something else you have a hard time resisting.
And here’s a 10/22 International.
Yeah, couldn't find one when I bought my all weather stainless. It would compliment my Husqvarna very well.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”
Attachments
Huskie 03.jpg

wooglin wrote:Some kind of a rifle, either lever or pump. LGS has a Henry Big Boy in 357 that is tempting, and also a few flavors of Remington 7600s. Fortunately I’m still tapped out from the holidays or one would probably have followed me home already.
I've started looking at lever guns, and I'm about to pull the trigger on that Henry 357 steel version. One more check needs to clear and it's ordered.

Edit to add a pic:
H012M-Big-Boy-Steel.357Mag-alt-min-scaled.jpg
Last edited by ThereAreDozensOfUs on Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

there's 2 that could be added to the collection this year depending on if I can get the money together or not and if it is still there.

The first one is I want the new Mossberg MC2 9mm pistol. When I saw Mossberg came out with a handgun I did all kinds of research on the gun and everything I have seen I really like. I would have the gun now but, my LGS said that his suppliers are all out of stock and its been that way for awhile.
mossberg.jpg
mossberg.jpg (11.7 KiB) Viewed 2639 times

#2 would be a M1903 Springfield 30.06. For some reason this has always been my dream gun. I don't know if it is because of the video games I have played or what but, I fell in love with it. When I was in Wisconsin last year my friend and I went to a range to shoot. it was an indoor range that was also a gun shop and when we were done shooting we walked through the shop looking at the guns they had. On the wall was a m1903 for $1000. of course I didn't have the cash at that time but, this year I have been putting together the cash for my vacation (if it happens because of Covid) and hopefully I can purchase it.
600px-M1903-Springfield-Rifle.jpg

Rather than the Henry single shot I showed up above, I bought a Ruger No. 3. Unfortunately, it came right before lockdown, so it's not been out to the range at all. (See what I did there? I totally ignored the five other guns I've bought that I haven't shot, and just blamed it on the virus.)

But, germane to this thread, is that it's thrown my "plans" all out of whack. I'm not sure what the marketplace will look like after this is all settled down in a couple, three, six, 18 months. If I'm lucky, there will be a glut of firearms on the market because people had to stay indoors. There will be low demand because everyone stocked up. If so, M1A and S&W 629 are coming. If not..... well, I don't know.

The gun panic and pandemic threw my plans to the wind, too. The revolver I wanted jumped in price and popularity. Sooo... it is a lever gun in .357 I hope for this year. Or a sweet SKS. :D
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt