atxgunguy
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Python, more than just a rumor.

Post by atxgunguy »

senorgrand wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:46 pm
LOL

The other thing about them, is that the trigger better be perfect out of the box...not many smiths can tune a DA Colt.
For what Colt is asking, yes. I know you can get TWO Smith 686s with nearly perfect triggers for that cost.

That said, I'm still getting one...eventually.
LGC Texas - Central Region President

Marlene
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Marlene »

senorgrand wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:46 pm
LOL

The other thing about them, is that the trigger better be perfect out of the box...not many smiths can tune a DA Colt.
especially since the lock work on the new ones is not the same as the old ones, which is how they made them easy enough to produce

tonguengroover
Been around awhile

Post by tonguengroover »

I hear the trigger is better on DA than the old ones but if the cylinder locks up and the hammer/trigger keeps hitting the last round what is the issue and how fast can Colt fix it?:
Shit is blowing up at colt.
Buy the ticket; take the ride

eelj
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by eelj »

Ken Hackathorn test shooting and has a possible response to the resetting of the action problem, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrLYZruNw_g I'm curious if they put out the effort to lap the barrels like the old ones. The barrels were accurate out to 100yds and beyond.

tonguengroover
Been around awhile

Post by tonguengroover »

eelj wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:51 am
Ken Hackathorn test shooting and has a possible response to the resetting of the action problem, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrLYZruNw_g I'm curious if they put out the effort to lap the barrels like the old ones. The barrels were accurate out to 100yds and beyond.
I had to stop watching it cus the interviewer kept pointing the gun down at Ken's balls and swept him once.

Checkman
Been around awhile

Post by Checkman »

Colt released 1,000 (or was it 1,500?) and there have been a few glitches. Mainly a couple folks on YouTube (Hickock 45 mainly) have had trouble with the cylinder not revolving. I figure those 1,000 Python were released partially as a form of Beta-testing. I'm not worried about it and I do plan on buying one even with the $1,499 (MSRP) price tag. Of course the Colt haters (and Colt did much to earn such bad feelings) are seizing on this, but I can recall problems with Smith & Wesson's first generation of 586/686 and having to issue a recall in the Eighties. A recall that is still honored to this day. I also recall Ruger having issues over the years as well as Kimber. I believe Glock also has had problems with new generations. It happens and I am confident that Colt will get it fixed. I have sold a few guns and I've got the money. Now I just have to wait for it to become available. I figure by this summer it should be available (hopefully). I will be watching to see if Colt does fix the problems though. If it continues to be a problem ,and the model gets past the early days, then I might take my money elsewhere. I hope that isn't the case.
Last edited by Checkman on Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I type therefore I am

tonguengroover
Been around awhile

Post by tonguengroover »

Good post checkman.
Me. Not a hater of Colt. Though never owned one. Just never could afford one. I've always loved the style.
Just hope they can fix it.

Checkman
Been around awhile

Post by Checkman »

tonguengroover wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:31 pm
Good post checkman.
Me. Not a hater of Colt. Though never owned one. Just never could afford one. I've always loved the style.
Just hope they can fix it.
You and me both.
I type therefore I am