Re: Reliable AR Mags

shinzen wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:05 pm Magpul and Lancer are both good to go. I haven't had great luck with Pro-mags in any rifle.
I've had both. I think magpul are a little more robust if your are planning to drop them in the dirt. but the lancers were great too.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

I just ordered the last 5 Magpuls from Midway. Funny how the hoarder in me comes out so easily. I was only going to buy two but I saw they were the last five, so I ordered them. I don't really think we need to stock up on this stuff, but man, put the threat of scarcity into me, and it's buy, buy, buy!

Yeah, I get that. It's just not my mind set. The reason for my extra ammo, multiple firearms, extra mags, etc., is the same reason for the pile of scrap metal, two deep fryers, extra power tools, multiple cars and motorcycles and other crap: I'm a hoarder. I might want that some day. What if it's not available later? I'd better buy it before the government starts tracking it. Well, it's paid for, no need to sell it.

All that is just the BS that feeds the hoarding. Look for me on a reality tv episode near you.....

:)

lurker wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:21 pm my reasoning for 12+ magazines was that i could go to the range, have a blast , and go home with a mag-full or two left over.
Travelling with mags with rounds in them is a felony in NJ unless you have a carry license, even if they are locked up separately from the firearm.

So far I've had good luck with Magpuls, AR-10 DPMS format...and they have a cover.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:50 pm
lurker wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:21 pm my reasoning for 12+ magazines was that i could go to the range, have a blast , and go home with a mag-full or two left over.
Travelling with mags with rounds in them is a felony in NJ unless you have a carry license, even if they are locked up separately from the firearm.

So far I've had good luck with Magpuls, AR-10 DPMS format...and they have a cover.
you can own magazines? wtf. we've already concluded that NJ is messed up. personally i think the rest of us should eject NJ from the union. maybe england will take you back.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:12 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:50 pm

you can own magazines? wtf. we've already concluded that NJ is messed up. personally i think the rest of us should eject NJ from the union. maybe england will take you back.
Shit! Other than some strange gun laws, NJ is actually a really great place to live. We have some of the best schools in the nation, We are a moderately liberal state, even with occasional Republican governors. We've gotten rid of all but 2 repub representatives, Probably, prior to this pandemic, our 3 worst problems were some of the more draconian gun laws (not as bad as NY or Cali) high property taxes, and inadequate commuting tools into NYC.

Until June 2018, an HCM was defined as MORE than 15 rounds. Then the lowered it to 10, but with a 6 month grace period. We're subject to a lot of jokes, mainly due to New Yorkers (I was born and grew up in Westchester), and when we moved North again, I found NJ an easier state to live in than NY. Never want to live in NY ever again!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Magpul Gen3 are what came with the Mohaska from the factory so I picked a couple of extras before the Hillary debacle. They drop clean, never fail to feed and have neat little windows.
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT