Re: Coronavirus Prepping

Soaking Pinto beans for tomorrow cooking because I like them, not because I have to. LOL
Last edited by Wino on Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

senorgrand wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:55 pm I ordered my victory garden seeds. And my gun safe.

I also have a couple tomatoes that went bad and I want to harvest the seeds for planting. what's best was to harvest seeds from fruits?

I have a very nice english cucumber too...I
I usually spread them out and dry them on a paper towel, but given our predicament I'd probably do it on a wash cloth or a piece of old towel.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

Google something like heirloom vegetable seeds you get a real good idea of what's out there and available. I believe Roma's are open-pollinated the bell peppers could be a hybrid or not, if you were to buy it heirloom varieties you'll know they haven't been tampered with.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

This is in my Amazon order cue:

Gun safe
concrete drill bit
cat food
dog food
watch batteries for laser trainers
aaa batteries
scotch tape
like $100 in vegetable seeds
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD
respirator filters
trash bags

I got in the last few days:
urban carry holster
PS4 controller
70 rolls of tp

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

kronkmusic wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:27 am
senorgrand wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:17 am Three girls in my house. Plus, that's what we are using for currency when society collapses. I'm building a throne out of them.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Artist rendering...

It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I was going to apologize to you in advance, but assumed you were asleep by now. :roflmao:

It could have been a joke about Georgia and snow. :yikes:
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:18 am I was going to apologize to you in advance, but assumed you were asleep by now. :roflmao:

It could have been a joke about Georgia and snow. :yikes:
Hah! As a proud and often embarrassed Floridian, I'm the last person you'll find defending the ridiculous actions of my fellow sun soakers. We're cray cray, no doubt about it.

:see_stars: :surrender: :bananadance: :lol:

kronkmusic wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:19 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:11 am In that vein...Famous.Last.Words:
"Hey, it's OK. I'm from New York!"
Oh god don't get me started on New Yorkers...
Maybe if NY would repeal the "Mandatory Retirement in Florida" law, you wouldn't feel that way?

Canadians in Florida... are another matter.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wino wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:39 pm Soaking Pinto beans for tomorrow cooking because I like them, not because I have to. LOL
Aroma of spicy pinto beans, fresh cornbread and Balsamic Rice fills the morning air. Makes for a nice day despite the news and shitty weather (rain).
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

K9s wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:35 am
kronkmusic wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:19 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:11 am In that vein...Famous.Last.Words:
"Hey, it's OK. I'm from New York!"
Oh god don't get me started on New Yorkers...
Maybe if NY would repeal the "Mandatory Retirement in Florida" law, you wouldn't feel that way?

Canadians in Florida... are another matter.
They both have their issues. Canadians don't tip for shit, and New Yorkers tend to bring the attitude that everything in Florida is innately inferior to everything in NY, yet they choose to live here anyway, but by extension we are innately inferior to them. If I have to hear one more time about how NY has the BEST shawarma or curry or Korean tacos or whatever...

Mr. Hope in cat years being even older than I, he can't really do the crunchy foods like he used to. Gushy foods preferred. So I ventured out this morning to bring home the mixed grill. Gak. I wonder what they mix in there. Cats love it. Usually a Sunday will find lots of cars going all sorts of places. Three. Maybe five all told. At the supermarket there weren't that many folks, though over the PA they reminded us several times to keep one shopping cart length between us. Lots of staples missing like TP. Bought extra coffee and cat food.

Most importantly, I did a dry run with the bleach solution. Jar in the car. I forget who, but someone said it might photo degrade, so I made new. Wiped down all the surfaces I touched after the shopping cart. No toucha da face. Door handles, steering wheel, shift knob, local community radio button, and so on. Washing my shopping bags now in hot water with bleach. Just testing, really, as one 60 year old man in Chico has tested positive.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack