Getting through this moment

Help your fellow firearm owner out and tell them how you did it.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

eelj
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Getting through this moment

Post by eelj »

kronkmusic wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:10 am
Cane we play caption this photo?Image
Yea well easy for you to say, you have opposable thumbs.

Wino
Loquacious

Post by Wino »

Go ahead L'il Donnie!! Grab me and see what happens to your tiny hands, MOFO!!!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw."
"The greatest threat facing the United States is its own president." David Rothkopf, WaPo

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

i've a couple of guns in need of repair. this looks like a good time.

Bucolic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Bucolic »

I’ve been swapping a number of scopes and red dots as well as the barrel set on my Ultra Lux. All good fun but I have not been able to get them sighted in. I’ve sort of lost track. I’m gonna need a quiet day at an empty range.

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by CDFingers »

kronkmusic wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:10 am
Cane we play caption this photo?Image
Worship the tail you don't got. Go ahead. Worship it.

CDFingers
ImageImage
You arrest the girls for turnin' tricks
but you won't touch Stagger Lee

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

Bucolic wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:34 am
I’ve been swapping a number of scopes and red dots as well as the barrel set on my Ultra Lux. All good fun but I have not been able to get them sighted in. I’ve sort of lost track. I’m gonna need a quiet day at an empty range.
i'm thinking of a range trip in mid-april if i'm still alive and healthy, but i'm a little concerned about the local ranges closing. hasn't happened yet to my regular place, but it seems possible. all the more reason to get some property out in the sticks.

eelj
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by eelj »

For people who are hooked into weather underground they are featuring covid-19 maps. been looking at it this morning and wow, sure glad I don,t live in New York or Washington state. I've recorded a number of interesting movies on my DVR, today I think I will watch The Sand Pebbles, the only movie made where the star is the BAR. Be ever vigilant people, this week is predicted to be the week with a big spike in reported cases.

wooglin
Been around awhile

Post by wooglin »

Speaking of weather, here's a site with a weather sensor that is hooked up to a synthesizer. This one is in upstate NY. There is also one in New Orleans.

https://wavefarm.org/ta/archive/works/g7yqrm

kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by kronkmusic »

Hahaha these replies have been priceless! Thanks all! :)

geno
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by geno »

eelj wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:54 am
For people who are hooked into weather underground they are featuring covid-19 maps. been looking at it this morning and wow, sure glad I don,t live in New York or Washington state. I've recorded a number of interesting movies on my DVR, today I think I will watch The Sand Pebbles, the only movie made where the star is the BAR. Be ever vigilant people, this week is predicted to be the week with a big spike in reported cases.
My age is showing, I first read that as the "Weathermen Underground".
"its a goddamn impossible way of life"

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by CDFingers »

The very first orange blossom made our bees very happy. They'll be swimming in pollen in a few days.
P1010215.JPG

The lemon is a bit behind.

P1010217.JPG

Here's Mr. Hope guarding my snow pea wall. They're growin' fast.

P1010218.JPG

Getting my hands in the dirt, swingin' around the little four tang rake and the big one, a bit of pitchforking, man, that's great. Had a 1/4 inch of rain. Looks like a drought year up here for sure comin' up. I've got a bit more mulch against the fence I'll put on when the weather gets hot.

CDFingers
ImageImage

kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by kronkmusic »

Nice CD! Blossoms looking good!

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by CDFingers »

Here we are lookin' at screens instead of cleaning out the basement. Well.

Here's just about the longest set up I can imagine for a punch line. See how long you can avoid that basement.

The Case of the Forbidden Chickens

Chico, California, famous for Chapter 9.60.030 of the Municipal Code, which prohibits nuclear weapons, now adds another whacked-out regulation about chickens and medical marijuana.

Let me explain.

The City of Chico is the fourth largest employer in Butte County. Such an honor results from many city jobs, one of which is domestic animal regulation.

It seems some Chico friends of ours decided upon chickens for their back yard. This was some time ago.

A few of their neighbors learned the obvious advantages of chickens, such as fresh eggs. More chickens moved into the neighborhood. As chickens do, neighboring flocks conversed among themselves.

Thus was born the first ordinance, limiting the number and type of poultry one may keep within the city limits—specifically a small number of chickens. Just chickens.

At the very same time, the very same Chico City Council decided about medical marijuana—how many plants could be grown in what sized yard, how far from a school, and so on. As it just so happens, chickens are quite adept at controlling unwanted weeds in medical marijuana gardens. Another ordinance was passed allowing the grows and the chickens. This is California, you know.

Now, we know that to get eggs, you need chickens. But to get more chickens, you need a rooster. A few moved in, with predictable consequences. A new ordinance was added about the number of roosters per acre per neighborhood per flock—all to limit the early morning wake up calls which bothered the medical marijuana patients' sleep.

People who wanted more chickens had to evade the regulations, so they began to trade roosters. Rent-A-Rooster began to advertise locally. Immediately there followed a new regulation and a permit process regarding the exploitation of farm animals for profit other than them being eaten. The irony seems excessive somehow.

As it turns out, a person could exploit the living tar out of roosters as long as the permits were properly taken out and the fees paid. Jobs were at stake. The roosters kept busy.

Roosters visited marijuana gardens in order to keep up with the demand both for weed control and for Cacciatore. Somehow the rooster permit dollars and the medicinal Mary Jane money ran afoul of some pimply bean counter in a dingy back room of the City Hall, a faceless key poker behind smoked glass and empty bags of Doritos.

Counting these City Beans somehow resulted in residential chickens and roosters being declared illegal.

What were the hapless medical gardeners to do? They decided to go for another bird type—after all, the ordinance specifically targeted roosters and chickens, not other birds.

As luck would have it, Chico rests along the Great Pacific Flyway, the migratory super corridor between the Arctic and South America used by hundreds of bird species. These birds spend some time in and around Chico as they fly by.

One of these species, the Arctic Tern, is even more prolific than chickens, laying four eggs per day instead of two, but it's a trade-off, as the eggs are smaller. They are very quiet, but they eat weeds just like the chickens. So, enterprising growers would sneak down to the resting grounds, out in the rice fields and almond groves, snag a bag full of birds, and sneak back to their enclosed-by-law, medicinal gardens.

Unfortunately, the new birds also ate the young marijuana plants—you could tell: they wobbled. This prompted growers to erect quarter inch mesh fences around seedlings. Otherwise, there would be no Tern left un-stoned.

Apparently it was not the Tern's turn, so, in the search for the proper and legal bird, the rumor is that Peacocks are next. I'm sure there will be ordinances.

The basement beckons.

CDFingers
ImageImage

Bisbee
Carpal Tunnel

Post by Bisbee »

Ha ha ha!!! :clap:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by kronkmusic »

The wife and I decided to go full Florida Man today and fill a $40 Wal-Mart above ground pool in our backyard, since the beaches are closed and all. Best damn $40 we've spent during this whole mess. Filter pump and chlorine are on the way, may leave it up all summer cuz why not.Image

Bisbee
Carpal Tunnel

Post by Bisbee »

Good for emergency water supply if... just make sure the kids don’t pee in the pool.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by kronkmusic »

Bisbee wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:20 pm
Good for emergency water supply if... just make sure the kids don’t pee in the pool.
We're Floridians, we know better to pee in the pool. That's what the front yard is for :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

Eris

Post by Eris »

I used to have a pool like that. It was the best thing in the world and I spent a ton of time in it. Then my idiot brother in law mowed the lawn and decided to use a weed eater right up against the pool. He tore a hole in it.
88+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

CDFingers wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:03 am
Peacocks are next.
to mix a metaphor, that dog won't hunt. peacocks are loud.

wooglin
Been around awhile

Post by wooglin »

I love peacocks. Lobbied my wife hard to get some just before we moved from our last neighborhood. So the neighbors would have something to remember us by.

Eris

Post by Eris »

They should look into guinea fowl. Very chicken like but I think they are quieter
88+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

"Best Guinea Fowl I've ever eaten!"
"I'll wait till after you leave to tell him you're a vegetarian!" --Notting Hill
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by CDFingers »

We have these lilies, and they were there again this evening.

P1010228.JPG
CDFingers
ImageImage

senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by senorgrand »

I took my 14-year-old for her first driving lesson. She doesn't have a permit and asked what we should do if we were pulled-over. I said "cough."

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by kronkmusic »

senorgrand wrote:I took my 14-year-old for her first driving lesson. She doesn't have a permit and asked what we should do if we were pulled-over. I said "cough."
Hah! Accurate though.