Re: Getting through this moment

The dispensaries here are only allowed to deliver so, I'm on the curb passing bills thru the passenger side of an SUV thinking, "Hey, this was what I was doing BEFORE it was legal". :wall:
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic

K9s wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:51 pm The days are melting into each other. I cannot believe it is Friday evening already.
Garbage night--Tuesdays and Fridays--collection comes at a sane hour on Wednesday but Saturdays? Early to rise is their motto...it's also change the litter boxes night :sick:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

We have medicinal home delivery here. There are literally dozens of companies. Just a week or so ago, the County BoS voted to legalize face to face dispensaries. I live in a college town. WCGW? I predict a surge in online gaming.

Buy stock in companies who make crunchy salty spicy stuff. And beer companies--goes without saying,despite the fact that I just said it.

Freedom is untidy.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:02 pm
K9s wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:51 pm The days are melting into each other. I cannot believe it is Friday evening already.
Garbage night--Tuesdays and Fridays--collection comes at a sane hour on Wednesday but Saturdays? Early to rise is their motto...it's also change the litter boxes night :sick:
I have luckily not missed garbage day so far. Barely remembered at the last minute this week. I am going to have to set an alarm for it, I think.

Days melting... in retirement, I wouldn't have to worry about work deadlines, lurker. I would just do what I do with "seasons" as the deadline. Things got super crazy at work the past two days, so melting days isn't good.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Retirement: When your work is just as long, far less structured, and you don't get paid!
Today I made sourdough bread, worked out, made a spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage, paid some bills, changed litter boxes, and put out the garbage.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

SailDesign wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:28 pm
lurker wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:56 pm
i can tell you're going to love retirement. i know when it's sunday because the comics are in color.
You read SinFest, too? :D
no, can't say i have. guess i'll have to go look it up.

well, that was... unusual.
Last edited by lurker on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:23 pm it's complicated. different boss, but always there.
Well, unless you want to be a hermit in the woods, bosses are somewhere.

Men need leaders, anyway, because men are too emotional to lead things. Ask Nancy Pelosi or Angela Merkel.

IMAGE OF EMOTIONAL, UNQUALIFIED MALE POLITICIANS REPLACED

Last edited by K9s on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

lurker wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:13 am there i was just reading a thread, minding my own business and you had to put up a picture of the three little pigs, oinky, doinky and boinky. now i've got to go gouge my eyes out, thanks. brb.
Better?

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:49 am
lurker wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:13 am there i was just reading a thread, minding my own business and you had to put up a picture of the three little pigs, oinky, doinky and boinky. now i've got to go gouge my eyes out, thanks. brb.
Better?
yes, much, thanks.
but you make an interesting point. from what i've seen of donald, it's an act, he can turn it on and off at will, he plays his audience with it. is this faux anger echoing real anger among his constituency? what other fake emotions are in his repertoire? or is he a one-trick pony?
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:59 am
K9s wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:49 am
Better?
yes, much, thanks.
but you make an interesting point. from what i've seen of donald, it's an act, he can turn it on and off at will, he plays his audience with it. is this faux anger echoing real anger among his constituency? what other fake emotions are in his repertoire? or is he a one-trick pony?
If you have spent time around entitled, spoiled brats, he makes more sense. Selfishness and tantrums and flattery: It is just "emotional immaturity" to get what he wants. He just lies and bullies and gets away with it. I've seen adults like that. Look at Kav for another good example.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

lurker wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 pm
SailDesign wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:28 pm
lurker wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:56 pm
i can tell you're going to love retirement. i know when it's sunday because the comics are in color.
You read SinFest, too? :D
no, can't say i have. guess i'll have to go look it up.

well, that was... unusual.
:D

It's going through a "phase" now - I've been reading it for about 12 years now. It's looking for a new direction, but hasn't found it quite yet, or dropped its old direction.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Great thread, thank you all for sharing some of the things keeping you occupied these days. Here's an attempt at loading some pictures of my latest project, a home 25 meter range. I'm using an old section of scaffolding looking down on an opposing hillside. Sandbox for catching lead, which I hope to give to someone into making their own bullets. A backstop made from 2 foot logs of Ash resting on top of some Eastern Red Cedar tree trunks. I had lots of five foot sections of 1.5" pvc used for camera dolly track so I repurposed some for a target stand.
IMG_8941.jpg
IMG_8941.jpg (103.49 KiB) Viewed 1898 times
IMG_9017.jpg
IMG_9017.jpg (92.1 KiB) Viewed 1898 times

Here's an old telescope my grandfather gave me some fifty years ago. Works great as a spotting scope. I'm going to add another foot of height to the back of the sandtrap.

IMG_9023.jpg
IMG_9023.jpg (102.17 KiB) Viewed 1898 times
I'm using a Ruger American Rimfire in .22LR as the bolt action is a lot quieter than the auto loaders I have. I wish I'd gotten the 22" barrel though as the 18" barrel on this RAR is not nearly as quiet as an old Springfield Model 56 I have. Unfortunately it has a broken rear sight, and with my eyes I really need a scope anyway, but with some CCI Quiet .22 ammo the Springfield sounds like an airgun. Still, I think the Ruger is quiet enough with the same ammunition hitting paper and sand. No complaints yet.