Re: Hello from Pittsburgh!

Pred106 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:07 pm Thank you!

Its not a bad place to live, for sure. Honestly, I saw a reddit post on r/firearms referencing this group and I thought I would step in and say hello!
I've lived in NYC, Baltimore, Boston, Bay Area, Buffalo, some smaller towns and Pittsburgh is my fave place ever.

I'm trying to find a range; my ex- thought her grandparents had one, until someone started pumping it for oil. Turns out it was the neighbor's land. Sorry about the rounds downrange! You can keep 'em.

I don't care to go to a range; least worst would be in Wexford where there is handgun and rifle range. Thing is, my pew pew reaches out a bit farther than 100yds.

Do you know of anyone who would let me rent their private range on an ongoing basis? Would pay ca$h money, and/or maintain the place.

Did ya build that AR10? I started reading the helpful hints and got scared off. Seems AR15 parts are more standardized, or so say the forums I read. I have a PSL but if that fails me, Palmetto often has AR10 for reasonable do$h.

Glad to see another Yinzer aught here!

Howdy Justin, you might want to start your own thread. As for AR-10 build it’s not that hard. There are two types and you just have to decide which you want to build and stick to parts for your build.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Hi from NJ. Suggestion: For an AR-10, stick to the DPMS standard, not the Armalite one. DPMS is more common and is used more and more. Parts, mags, etc. are more available. My Windham "Hunter" uses DPMS. Windham Weaponry is the re-incarnation of the ORIGINAL "Bushmaster" company before it got sold and production moved, with most of the original people who lost their jobs then.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:54 am
sikacz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:39 am Unless you want to build a classic original style the DPMS gives you more options as YT noted.
And, AFAIK, the main difference is that the parts aren't compatible.
Yes. The absolute no no, do not mix.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:57 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:54 am
sikacz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:39 am Unless you want to build a classic original style the DPMS gives you more options as YT noted.
And, AFAIK, the main difference is that the parts aren't compatible.
Yes. The absolute no no, do not mix.
My point being I know I couldn't see the difference between 2 complete rifles--it would take a more expert eye than mine. (besides, DPMS-type parts are not only more available, but less expensive)
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."