Man allegedly with AK-pattern firearm shoots up Akron home

Akron home with 3 children inside shot up by man with AK-47, police say
AKRON, Ohio — A 27-year-old man was arrested in Akron Monday afternoon for allegedly using an AK-47 to shoot at a home after a "domestic-related incident," according to Akron police.

The suspect, Tyrell Hunter, is charged with multiple counts of felonious assault, improperly discharging firearms into a habitation, having weapons under disability and criminal damaging, police said.

The shooting happened in the 300 block of Howe Street at around 3:30 p.m. Police said that when officers arrived, they found the house had been hit by bullets several times. Inside the home were several people, including three children. No injuries were reported.
My guess is there was no "AK-47" involved.

Man with high-powered rifle opens fire on Akron home with 3 children inside, police say
The suspect in the shooting, Tyrell Hunter, 27, was arrested a short time after the shooting when he was seen walking to his vehicle on Corson Avenue about 2½ miles north in the Highland Square neighborhood. Police say an AK-47 rifle was used in the shooting.

Police did not say if they know a motive for the shooting.

Hunter is charged with multiple counts of felonious assault, improperly discharging firearms into a habitation, weapons under disability and criminal damaging.
Now it's a high-powered rifle.

Re: Man allegedly with AK-pattern firearm shoots up Akron home

sikacz wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:45 am
DispositionMatrix wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:55 am
The suspect, Tyrell Hunter, is charged with...having weapons under disability..., police said.
What does that mean?
It seems to have a real legal definition:

https://funkhouserlaw.com/having-weapon ... ncompetent.
Having Weapons While Under Disability R.C. § 2923.121

Definition of Having weapons while under disability:

Acquiring, having, carrying, or using any firearm or dangerous ordnance,
While the person is a fugitive from justice, or
While under indictment for a violent or drug felony, or
Is drug or alcohol dependent, or
Has been adjudicated mentally incompetent.
Potential Penalites

Having Weapons while under disability is a felony of the third degree and is punishable by up to 60 months in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
I guess I'm confused: It seems High-powered Rifle is redundant. I assume every rifle is "high-powered" unless it's a PCC or .22.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: Man allegedly with AK-pattern firearm shoots up Akron home

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:44 am
sikacz wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:45 am
DispositionMatrix wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:55 am
The suspect, Tyrell Hunter, is charged with...having weapons under disability..., police said.
What does that mean?
It seems to have a real legal definition:

https://funkhouserlaw.com/having-weapon ... ncompetent.
Having Weapons While Under Disability R.C. § 2923.121

Definition of Having weapons while under disability:

Acquiring, having, carrying, or using any firearm or dangerous ordnance,
While the person is a fugitive from justice, or
While under indictment for a violent or drug felony, or
Is drug or alcohol dependent, or
Has been adjudicated mentally incompetent.
Potential Penalites

Having Weapons while under disability is a felony of the third degree and is punishable by up to 60 months in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
I guess I'm confused: It seems High-powered Rifle is redundant. I assume every rifle is "high-powered" unless it's a PCC or .22.
Some high-powered rifles:
Armalite AR-30A1
Ruger Precision Rifle
Barrett MRAD
Savage 110 BA