Re: Anyone found small pistol primers online?

papajim2jordan wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:41 pm Makes you wonder where the bad guys are getting their ammo.
I doubt they are making any. LoL. It is pretty bad trying to find some. Factory ammo I can find, but any kind of component is just gone. There's no primers, no powder and a small selection of bullet calibers.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Sometimes the vitriol I see on CalGuns disgusts me, but folks out there have pointed out primer availability at some stores. They go really fast, of course. But they have been found.

Even if you're paying Gunbroker prices, though...at least you'll have ammo, which is also generally Unobtainium.
"SF Liberal With A Gun + Free Software Advocate"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/

CowboyT wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:12 am Sometimes the vitriol I see on CalGuns disgusts me, but folks out there have pointed out primer availability at some stores. They go really fast, of course. But they have been found.

Even if you're paying Gunbroker prices, though...at least you'll have ammo, which is also generally Unobtainium.
The idea of paying 36 cents versus 6 cents prior for primers just plain hurts. I won't bite yet. I have other items to purchase and my reloading space to make. I'm converting a spare walk in closet into my reloading/gun room Interestingly it has plumbing points without fixtures as it was intended as a third restroom. I still need to go through some boxes and throw-out old stored stuff accumulated over the years. I have yet to find locals in the Texas forums that willingly point out where they are currently finding components. Makes me think they are rare and not to be found. Many have said, just visit all the reloading places and check. I may have to make a list and start visiting.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

i wish i had more components, but i do have a couple hundred of everything, which is enough to support my once or twice a month range trip habit for a while. i a, NOT going to pay inflated prices as long as i have a choice. blame it on joe and the dems all you like, this is hoarders pure and simple and my fellow hoplophiles are to blame. some of us are assholes.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:58 am i wish i had more components, but i do have a couple hundred of everything, which is enough to support my once or twice a month range trip habit for a while. i a, NOT going to pay inflated prices as long as i have a choice. blame it on joe and the dems all you like, this is hoarders pure and simple and my fellow hoplophiles are to blame. some of us are assholes.
No doubt right, hoarders and profiteers. I'll wait, it may be a long wait. Who knows I may get lucky and find some somewhere. It gives me something to do. I'm not exactly out of ammo either and I intend to mostly shoot .22LR for now or shotguns. Shotgun ammo I'm finding. If I find primers in person, I'll pick some up.

Profiteers have a right to hoard and gouge in our society. We call it capitalism. People used to be bought and sold here before too and it was called slavery. Doesn’t make it right.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Yeah even the 5.99/100 is a rip off compared to what I was paying for the last decade. Gun brokerage is generally a rip off on anything - I avoid like the plague even during times of plenty.

I scored 4 boxes of 1000 (1LP, 2SPM, and 1SP) last year right around $45. This was just hitting the local shops about the same frequency I did before the pandemic. At my slow practice rate of fire I should be ok for a few years at this point without any long “days at the range.”

What baffles me is the sudden disappearance of shotgun ammo. It was available all last year and is now gone. I have never seen 12/20ga. Dry up in any of the previous shortages. Hand gun ammo, .223 of course. I will have to plan to get set up to reload shotgun for the next go around - or stock up 2000k each gauge - whatever makes more economical sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INVICTVS138 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:30 pm Yeah even the 5.99/100 is a rip off compared to what I was paying for the last decade. Gun brokerage is generally a rip off on anything - I avoid like the plague even during times of plenty.

I scored 4 boxes of 1000 (1LP, 2SPM, and 1SP) last year right around $45. This was just hitting the local shops about the same frequency I did before the pandemic. At my slow practice rate of fire I should be ok for a few years at this point without any long “days at the range.”

What baffles me is the sudden disappearance of shotgun ammo. It was available all last year and is now gone. I have never seen 12/20ga. Dry up in any of the previous shortages. Hand gun ammo, .223 of course. I will have to plan to get set up to reload shotgun for the next go around - or stock up 2000k each gauge - whatever makes more economical sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found 12ga at an Academy recently.