George W. Bush said he's troubled by 'the capacity of people to spread all kind of untruth'

https://www.businessinsider.com/george- ... net-2021-4

Really? Mr. Invades Iraq over WMDs that don't exist. Having George Bush say this is like Biden talking about Systemic Racism in policing. Bush is the architect of misinformation, and Biden is the architect of Systemic Racism in policing. The culpability and the elitism is astounding.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

Re: George W. Bush said he's troubled by 'the capacity of people to spread all kind of untruth'

GeorgiaRN wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:54 am https://www.businessinsider.com/george- ... net-2021-4

Really? Mr. Invades Iraq over WMDs that don't exist. Having George Bush say this is like Biden talking about Systemic Racism in policing. Bush is the architect of misinformation, and Biden is the architect of Systemic Racism in policing. The culpability and the elitism is astounding.
So yer saying there ISN'T institutional, systematic racism in some(many?) police departments?
And no mention of the 'liar in chief', trump?

Re: George W. Bush said he's troubled by 'the capacity of people to spread all kind of untruth'

GeorgiaRN wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:54 am https://www.businessinsider.com/george- ... net-2021-4

You're missing his point.

What he's saying is... Even I, the man who lied to start a war, think the BS is getting too thick!!
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:57 am

You're missing his point.

What he's saying is... Even I, the man who lied to start a war, think the BS is getting too thick!!
I also figured that GWB was gas-lighted by the cabinet his father hand-picked for him. They played him.

Even if one doesn't forget the evil that was done in one's name, an attempt to atone for it is far better than continuing to press the lie solely for one's own self-aggrandizement, like The Former Guy. One of the few things GWB was humane about was the Southern Border.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:08 am Even if one doesn't forget the evil that was done in one's name, an attempt to atone for it is far better than continuing to press the lie solely for one's own self-aggrandizement, like The Former Guy. One of the few things GWB was humane about was the Southern Border.
I agree YT, there are a lot of indefensible things done during his watch and we're not forgetting them. He's been outspoken lately about Republicans politicizing the southern border. AFAIK he's the only recent US president who speaks Spanish.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:11 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:08 am Even if one doesn't forget the evil that was done in one's name, an attempt to atone for it is far better than continuing to press the lie solely for one's own self-aggrandizement, like The Former Guy. One of the few things GWB was humane about was the Southern Border.
I agree YT, there are a lot of indefensible things done during his watch and we're not forgetting them. He's been outspoken lately about Republicans politicizing the southern border. AFAIK he's the only recent US president who speaks Spanish.
Jimmy Carter is fluent in Spanish as well. Recent? Not really. Still with us? Thankfully, yes.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

featureless wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:31 am I thought I knew what hate was when the shrub was pres. That orange fucker taught me I did not have a clue.
WHOA!! You been reading my mail!!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

The twin towers and GWB set this shit show in motion.

Imagine a world where instead of invading Iraq, we actually use those resources to defeat the Taliban & AL Qaeda and kill OBL in 2003 instead of 2011? I know it’s a counter factual or the historical fiction realm, but I’ve tried to trace the thread back to the derailment.

We are a stronger & legitimate world power not fatally de-legitimized by defeat in Iraq. Maybe Putin doesn’t have the minerals to hack US elections & support a tin authoritarian like Trump. I don’t know - but to me as a political scientist the “zig” instead of “zag” was the US Invasion of Iraq. That’s on GWB. Just because Trump is reprehensible in every way - GWB wanted a war, since the one we were fighting already wasn’t good enough. He is also a complete failure as a president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INVICTVS138 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:50 pm The twin towers and GWB set this shit show in motion.

Imagine a world where instead of invading Iraq, we actually use those resources to defeat the Taliban & AL Qaeda and kill OBL in 2003 instead of 2011? I know it’s a counter factual or the historical fiction realm, but I’ve tried to trace the thread back to the derailment.

We are a stronger & legitimate world power not fatally de-legitimized by defeat in Iraq. Maybe Putin doesn’t have the minerals to hack US elections & support a tin authoritarian like Trump. I don’t know - but to me as a political scientist the “zig” instead of “zag” was the US Invasion of Iraq. That’s on GWB. Just because Trump is reprehensible in every way - GWB wanted a war, since the one we were fighting already wasn’t good enough. He is also a complete failure as a president.
We could go further back than GWB. Lets go waaay back to 1953 when the CIA under Director Allen Dulles overthrew the popular elected government of Iran and placed the autocratic Shah in power, preventing the Iranian government nationalization of its oil and continued the British Petroleum control of the Iranian oil industry. Thus leading to the overthrow of the Shah and the Iranian Hostage crisis with Ronnie Raygun's traitorous deal with Iran that got him and his Vice President George H. W. Bush former head of the CIA elected. Donald Rumsfeld appointed to the DoD and sent to Iraq to encourage a war between Iraq and Iran. This war went on for ten years.

After peace was declared Iraq's leader President Saddam Hussein kept saber rattling and we didn't tell him to stop he invade Kuwait over oil disputes. President G.H.W. Bush and other allied countries sent armed forces into Kuwait to attack the Iraq forces. We defeated him. We left armed forces in Saudi Arabia to continue or support of the Saudi Kingdom. At the same time a few thousand miles away we had CIA supporting a group of Saudis, trying to liberate Afghanistan from Soviet Russia Occupation. This group was led by CIA trained, Osama Bin Laden.

After the Soviets withdrew from Afghanistan Bin Laden looked at his home country and took exception to the Americans being stationed in the Holy land of Saudi Arabia and planned an attack on the infidels in retaliation. While in Washington George W. Bush is elected President and The Dick Cheney as Vic President. Now George W. had very little government experience at the federal level He had been Governor ofTexas and was considered a "good ole' boy". Not as smart as his dad, former President G.H.W. Bush. But the Vice President had lots of federal government expertise dating back to Nixon. Cheney during the first part of the term decided to see what he could do for his buddies in the Texas oil business. He called for a Classified Energy meeting of the major oil companies under the guise of energy independence. At this meeting the only document that has been disclosed was a map of Iraq d,ividing up the oil areas between the major oil companies. In the meantime BinLaden has been plotting an attack on NYC. Thus we had 9/11 World Trade Center Attack.

Well The Dick Cheney never to pass up a chance, Immediately blamed Iraq.and we started to use false information to bolster an attack on Iraq. The Rumors were flying. I was working in an ER and heard two doctors talking about how they heard that Saddam was hiding eleven tons of Anthrax to drop on the US and our forces couldn't find it. Now I ask the question, how big is eleven tons of Anthrax? Knowing that it's a bacteria and in its powered form it is very light weight. I was informed that the government knew what they were talking about and I shouldn't question it.

Well we are still in Afghanistan and Iraq twenty years later and still supporting the Saudi genocide in Yemen. Biden needs to reenact Obama's ban on exporting oil and natural gas from the US and push more for the Green Deal to slow down the use of the carbon based fuels.

Rant off
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Adding to it: Between Dec 2000 and Sept 10, 2001, the Bush team TOTALLY ignored all threats of terrorism, dismissing them as Clinton's Wag The Dog, to the point were on the day before 9/11, AG Ashcroft cut FBI terrorism funding by over $50 million, to nothing. Meanwhile they long had the Patriot Act and Military Commission Act written and ready to go, waiting for an excuse to roll them out, unopposed.

And I also believe that the Iraq invasion was designed to impose our will (Well, Cheney/Rummy's) on the Middle East, to be the "Death Star" able to punish or eliminate any "problems", and funded indefinitely by stolen Iraqi oil, also giving us a GIANT "in" into OPEC, able to counteract actions we didn't like, as a bonus.

In the post 9/11 world the FBI shifted its focus from domestic law enforcement to domestic terrorism. Counterterrorism wasn't a big part of the Bureau until then and due to infighting between the FBI and CIA and others, valuable clues were lost and dots not connected that might have prevented 9/11. The 2018 mini series "The Looming Tower" is based on Lawrence Wright's 2006 book that details this period.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan