Trump rolls out a new communications website

1
Donald Trump has launched a new "communications" website, which says it will publish content "straight from the desk" of the former US president. Mr Trump was banned by Twitter and suspended by Facebook and YouTube after the Capitol riots in January. The former president has since been releasing statements by press release - which the new website will now host.

Users will be able to like posts - and also share them on Twitter and Facebook accounts.

"It is a blog," Kara Swisher, technology columnist for the New York Times told BBC Radio 4's Today programme. "I was like '2002 is calling and it wants its blog back...'

"I don't know what the overall plan is because he does have some very sharp digital advisers. It is just the beginning of his attempts to try to re-establish a louder ability to participate in digital media."

The move comes a day before a decision is due from Facebook's Oversight Board on whether to permanently ban Mr Trump. Mr Trump's senior adviser, Jason Miller, had previously said a new social media platform was to be launched. "This new platform is going to be big," he said in March.

But Mr Miller tweeted on Tuesday that the new website was not the social media platform he had previously hyped. "We'll have additional information coming on that front in the very near future," he said.

The website is reportedly built by Campaign Nucleus, a digital services company created by Mr Trump's former campaign manager Brad Parscale. Several posts on the site repeat debunked claims that last year's presidential election was rigged.

Facebook's Oversight Board will announce its decision on whether Mr Trump is to be permanently banned from the platform on 09:00 EST (14:00 BST).

If he is allowed back on to the site, Facebook will have seven days to reactivate his account.

YouTube has said they will reactivate Mr Trump's account when the threat of "real-world violence" reduces.

Twitter, where Mr Trump had 88 million followers, has banned him permanently.

A Twitter spokesperson told the BBC: "Generally, sharing content from the website referenced is permitted as long as the material does not otherwise violate the Twitter Rules".
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56989500
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

4
Facebook was justified in its decision to suspend then-President Donald Trump after the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, the company's Oversight Board said on Wednesday.

That means the company does not have to reinstate Trump's access to Facebook and Instagram immediately. But the panel said the company was wrong to impose an indefinite ban and said Facebook has six months to either restore Trump's account, make his suspension permanent, or suspend him for a specific period of time.

Facebook indefinitely suspended Trump's accounts in January after a mob of his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol, saying he used his account to "incite violent insurrection." Other social networks also kicked off the then-president, with Twitter going as far as banning Trump for good.

"In applying a vague, standardless penalty and then referring this case to the Board to resolve, Facebook seeks to avoid its responsibilities," the Oversight Board wrote in the announcement of its decision. "The Board declines Facebook's request and insists that Facebook apply and justify a defined penalty."
https://www.npr.org/2021/05/05/98767959 ... oard-rules
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

7
Trump rages after Facebook upholds ban

A total disgrace’ – ‘free speech has been taken away from the President’

In the wake of news reports that Facebook will uphold the ban on Donald Trump's account, the former president released a statement slamming tech platforms for what he sees is a coordinated attack on free speech.

"What Facebook, Twitter, and Google have done is a total disgrace and an embarrassment to our Country," Trump's statement read. "Free Speech has been taken away from the President of the United States because the Radical Left Lunatics are afraid of the truth, but the truth will come out anyway, bigger and stronger than ever before."

Trump statement following the news from Facebook's Oversight Board upholding its ban on him https://t.co/o6lfGdKYnl
— Alayna Treene (@Alayna Treene)1620228179.0
"The People of our Country will not stand for it!" Trump continued. "These corrupt social media companies must pay a political price, and must never again be allowed to destroy and decimate our electoral process."
https://www.rawstory.com/facebook-trum ... 652886146/

The President didn’t lose his right to Free Speech because you jackass idiot aren’t the president any more and hopefully as the Raven said “Nevermore”
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

8
All this says that TFG is TERRIFIED that he's going to face serious federal felony, possibly capital charges and will lose EVERYTHING and spend the rest of his life in prison.
He's fighting back like a cornered rat who has nothing left to lose.
Guiliani is falling. Barr WILL fall. Many others will too between now and January 2025.....
"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."--George Carlin

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

9
An account pulled from Twitter for appearing to belong to former President Donald Trump’s newly launched communications platform was not created by the ex-commander-in-chief’s team, The Post has learned.
Reached for comment by The Post, including questions on the validity of the account, Twitter stood by the decision despite the identity of the user remaining unknown and seemingly not connected to the former president.

“As stated in our ban evasion policy, we’ll take enforcement action on accounts whose apparent intent is to replace or promote content affiliated with a suspended account,” a Twitter spokesperson said.
https://nypost.com/2021/05/06/twitter-s ... k-account/

Trump and his minions lie, it's highly likely they tried to get around the permanent ban.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

11
YankeeTarheel wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:19 pm All this says that TFG is TERRIFIED that he's going to face serious federal felony, possibly capital charges and will lose EVERYTHING and spend the rest of his life in prison.
Okay wait... How is he going to spend the rest of his life in prison???

Because I have yet to see anything to make me thing he will see a single day in jail.

PLEASE convince me...
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

12
FrontSight wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:03 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:19 pm All this says that TFG is TERRIFIED that he's going to face serious federal felony, possibly capital charges and will lose EVERYTHING and spend the rest of his life in prison.
Okay wait... How is he going to spend the rest of his life in prison???

Because I have yet to see anything to make me thing he will see a single day in jail.

PLEASE convince me...
Yes, I'm skeptical he's going to serve any time at this point. It's becoming political show to pander to the idea. I'd jump for joy if it came true. Not holding my breath.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

13
lurker wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:33 pm i recently very carefully and politely explained that as every good pro-business republican should know, freedom of speech as defined in the bill of rights is to protect us from restriction by government, not private or corporate entities like FB. seemed to shut them up pretty good.

Exactly lurker. And others are jumping up and down saying the FB panel's ruling isn't based on US law, the panel is international and there are more FB users outside of the US than in the US. The world isn't governed by US law.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

14
FB is a private company who gets to dictate the terms of the user agreement to their users. The government and constitution has NOTHING to do with it unless FB decides they want it that way...and they don't.

One of my RW friends was bitching to me about the Twitter ban. So I phrased it another way. "What you're saying is...You want to give the government the ability to dictate which customers you do business with?". He connected the dots.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

16
FrontSight wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:03 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:19 pm All this says that TFG is TERRIFIED that he's going to face serious federal felony, possibly capital charges and will lose EVERYTHING and spend the rest of his life in prison.
Okay wait... How is he going to spend the rest of his life in prison???

Because I have yet to see anything to make me thing he will see a single day in jail.

PLEASE convince me...
I can't convince you FrontSight, because I agree with you. All he did was incite an insurrection. It's not like he's a POC holding a baggie of weed. Big difference.

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

18
Trump nor any of his spore will ever see a day in prison. Nor will any more of his cohorts. Those already convicted, save Michael Cohen, have been pardoned, and that is the end. It's depressing, disappointing, not to mention a travesty of justice. More than half of the GOP are traitors and seditionist. The sadness I feel for this nation is abysmal.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw."
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

19
It will sorely be disappointing to me if no one sees prison. I don't think that will happen, though. There are many people out there who don't want to see that happen, like Dan Rather.
Republicans desperately want the mainstream press to cover the daily news cycle through the lens of traditional party politics. At the same time, they go on their propaganda channels and stir up their base against the mechanics of fair and open elections. They spread the poison of illegitimacy to attack the Biden Administration. On Fox News you get a concerted and coordinated attack. Outside of that echo chamber you get what was once the normal news diet of a spectrum of different stories. But this is not a normal news environment. This is an attack on American values, and our ability to continue to function as a government that represents the will of the majority of Americans. The Big Lie is everything right now and the press and the American people must not provide safe harbor for it to continue to metastasize.

I want to end with a note of some optimism. I believe the Big Lie is so ludicrous and outrageous that it can be made to collapse under the weight of its own perfidy. If it is put into the proper spotlight, if it becomes so radioactive that big business, the press, and the public at large refuse to bestow any legitimacy to those who traffic in it, then it can and will be defeated. American democracy might even emerge stronger in its wake. That will take perseverance, stamina, and yes, remaining steady.

—Dan
https://steady.substack.com/p/the-big-l ... HY42txOTvg

CDFingers
Image
Image
.
Shine your shoes, light the fuse.
Can you use them ol' US Blues?

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

20
The Big Lie, a favorite of Adolf Hitler.
If it is put into the proper spotlight, if it becomes so radioactive that big business, the press, and the public at large refuse to bestow any legitimacy to those who traffic in it, then it can and will be defeated.
Corporations in GA did complain about the new voting laws, but it didn't go viral throughout the corporate world. Republicans need a leader who isn't timid about attacking Trump and pushes him off his throne. I don't see anyone like that on the horizon.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

21
Wino wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:32 am Trump nor any of his spore will ever see a day in prison. Nor will any more of his cohorts. Those already convicted, save Michael Cohen, have been pardoned, and that is the end. It's depressing, disappointing, not to mention a travesty of justice. More than half of the GOP are traitors and seditionist. The sadness I feel for this nation is abysmal.
I hope, with all my being, you are wrong. But, not being a complete idiot, I fear you and others are right. The recent disgusting FEC decision reinforces that.

Unfortunately, the DoJ proceeds with "all deliberate speed" so despite the MOUNTING of convincing evidence, there's a sickening chance that they won't get anywhere near an indictment before 2024, and then will drop it for the duration of the election cycle...and IF all the voter suppression works and TFG gets "elected" again by a minority vote (as he did in 2016 and Bush did in 2000), the FIRST thing he'll do is shut it down, fire the lifers, and have ALL the evidence destroyed, knowing full well there is NOTHING he can do that will get 67 conviction votes in the Senate. Nothing.
"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."--George Carlin

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

22
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:01 pm
Wino wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:32 am Trump nor any of his spore will ever see a day in prison. Nor will any more of his cohorts. Those already convicted, save Michael Cohen, have been pardoned, and that is the end. It's depressing, disappointing, not to mention a travesty of justice. More than half of the GOP are traitors and seditionist. The sadness I feel for this nation is abysmal.
I hope, with all my being, you are wrong. But, not being a complete idiot, I fear you and others are right. The recent disgusting FEC decision reinforces that.

Unfortunately, the DoJ proceeds with "all deliberate speed" so despite the MOUNTING of convincing evidence, there's a sickening chance that they won't get anywhere near an indictment before 2024, and then will drop it for the duration of the election cycle...and IF all the voter suppression works and TFG gets "elected" again by a minority vote (as he did in 2016 and Bush did in 2000), the FIRST thing he'll do is shut it down, fire the lifers, and have ALL the evidence destroyed, knowing full well there is NOTHING he can do that will get 67 conviction votes in the Senate. Nothing.
If trump is not in jail by 2024, there is a good chance he will be in the White House after the next presidential election.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Trump rolls out a new communications website

24
Y’all talking like a bunch a white men, all doom and gloom. You think black voters gonna let 45 have another term at the helm of this country?...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron