Re: Falliing Chinese Rocket Booster Bingo

The Chinese will never be taken seriously in the space race if they keep dropping rockets on people’s heads and naming them like some back country hick. I mean when SpaceX beats you to “Dragon” somebody in China ain’t paying attention.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Specifically, the Long March was a strategic retreat--there's question of whether it was "only" 4000 miles or was the full 8000 the CCP claims--that saved the PLA and ultimately allowed them to regroup enough to become the victors in the Chinese Civil War, establishing the PRC in 1949. Had it not succeeded, China would have been governed by Chiang Kai-Shek's KMT party, a pro-Western autocracy, and the entire history of the Cold War would have been radically different. Huge timeline shift, you might say.
LGC #58559867
אבראהאדאברא
θέλημα Αγάπη

Yes, it would have been a very different world. Seems likely that insurgent CCP forces would have continued operations supported by the USSR, but once crippled by KMT forces we might have avoided the military actions in Korea and later Vietnam. In the post colonial period nationalist leaders would have arisen, but not necessarily communist affiliated. The "what ifs" of history.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

It's a numbers game. I'm not sure, but I believe the CCP had far more fighters, with far greater will, than the KMT. Chiang Kai-Shek was detested by Gen. "Vinegar Joe" Stillwell who referred to Chiang as "Peanut". As I remember, Chiang was less concerned about the Japanese than Mao. Chiang has pretty much abandoned everything Dr. Sun Yat-Sen stood for.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Apparently the rocket debris landed in the Indian Ocean close to the Maldives. No casualties reported... Chinese engineers and scientists breathing a sigh of relief.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Jenna Ellis mocked over 'unintentionally hilarious' tweet thanking Space Force for Chinese rocket protection

Attorney Jenna Ellis, who represented Donald Trump during the 2020 election, was mocked over the weekend after she suggested that the former president had protected America from a Chinese rocket by creating Space Force.

"Aren't you glad Trump gave us a Space Force?" Ellis asked on Saturday, referring to a Chinese rocket that was falling back to Earth.

Ellis's followers quickly noted that the Air Force's Space Command had existed years before Trump ordered the creation of Space Force, a new branch of the U.S. military.

"We already had US Space Command as part of the US Air Force. Jenna probably doesn't know that," one commenter wrote.

"They were instrumental in not being able to accurately predict when or where it was going to touch down! #MAGA," another person replied.

"One of the more unintentionally hilarious tweets of the evening," another Twitter user said.

Read some of the comments below.

Search for Air Force Space Command and get back to me. #JennaEllisIsStupid
— PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 (@patriottakes) May 9, 2021
Jenna doesn't know a whole lot of basic things that she should know.
— Sir Ramble Lot (@amblingrambler) May 9, 2021
They were instrumental in not being able to accurately predict when or where it was going to touch down! #MAGA
— fluffernutter (@fluffer09954222) May 9, 2021
trump bribed Tuberville and Mo into relocating the command center from CO to AL to aid in his insurrection. That's the most work trump actually put into his Space Farce
— Tina -#VoteBlue (@trcfwtt) May 9, 2021
Have they even gotten any vehicles yet? What are they going to do? Intercept it with a 2001 Honda Accord?
— Marcellus King (@korrupted) May 9, 2021
The very same Space Force that has no clue or any information about the Chinese rocket that just crash-landed in the Indian Ocean?
— Charles Kuyper (@CharlesLKuyper) May 9, 2021
I'm more glad that Steve Carell and Greg Daniels gave us Space Force. 😄
— Dana Robinson (@dajonick) May 9, 2021
How's Rudy's farts treating you ?
— RdZ (@pentzman) May 9, 2021
I'm pretty sure the Air Force could've done this exact thing
— V (@redarmyjawn) May 9, 2021
Did they chase it into the Indian Ocean?
— thedoublefelix🧬 (@thedoublefelix) May 9, 2021
You don't know what you're talking about.
USAF already had a Space Command (joining MAC [military airlift command] & TAC [tactical air command]). "Space Force" was just an administrative redress of Space Command. Seriously, the military so no point in creating a whole new branch.
🌐 Agent K ➖🕵️♂️ 🔎 👁️ 💬 📡 ⏱️ 🎯 ⚖️ ➖ 🌊 (@gary_kline) May 9, 2021
What we have now is more government. We already had the Air Force which handled those duties.
— James Haller 🔭🐟🚶🏻♂️🇺🇸 (@astrofisherman) May 9, 2021
Oh because what did the space farce do exactly?
— Winston Smith 🇺🇸❤️💙🇺🇸 (@gaslightingus2) May 9, 2021
They literally just broke out Air Force Space Command into a separate force, Jenna. They were getting the job done just fine before. I know, I used to work there.
— Sidequest | Ligerzero (@LigerzeroGaming) May 9, 2021
Yes. We are going to shoot hurricanes at it.
— Crap_Locker (@Crap_Locker) May 9, 2021
😂 that's not going to help with metal hurtling through the atmosphere
— Thunder (@Thunder75643415) May 9, 2021
Omg I thought this was a joke, but u really are this stupid.
— il padrino (@john_faidutti) May 9, 2021
I'm really not glad he gave us you.
— Belle (@PlainsBelle02) May 9, 2021
https://www.rawstory.com/jenna-ellis-space-force/

The comments say it all.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Fear not, lurker, ever since there were cavemen who refused to believe in saber tooth tigers our human genetic family tree has steadily been pruned. We’re witness to it again this past pandemic year as certain folks again refuse to heed impending danger... and suffering predictable outcomes.
Last edited by Bisbee on Mon May 10, 2021 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

If any zapping is done it should be by Strategic Command zapping them at their launch sites. Don't expect TFG's Space Force Cadets to do much.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,