I Capitol rioter banned from having firearms was just busted on gun charges after killing a mountain lion

An accused Capitol rioter shot and killed a mountain lion after he was released from jail -- and was prohibited from possessing firearms.

Patrick Montgomery was allowed to return home to Colorado after he allegedly stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and kicked a police officer, but federal prosecutors have filed a motion to revoke his release after he posed for a photo with the 170-pound mountain lion he killed, reported the Washington Post.

"Given that Montgomery has repeatedly and flagrantly violated both state and federal law while on pretrial release in this case — including by possessing and using a firearm — the Government respectfully requests that the Court revoke his release pending trial," prosecutors said in the motion.

The 48-year-old Montgomery was identified by Facebook friends who saw photos he posted of himself inside the Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection, and one notified him that he had been reported to the FBI.

"I'm not a scared cat or running from anything," Montgomery responded, according to court documents. "I didn't storm the castle violently. My group was let in peacefully by the police we were talking to with respect."

However, prosecutors said Montgomery tried to grab a police officer's baton, wrestled him to the ground and kicked him in the chest before presenting both of his middle fingers at the officer.

The Littleton resident was arrested Jan. 17 on 10 counts, but state authorities began investigating him a short time later for the illegal killing of a bobcat.

Montgomery then killed the mountain lion on March 31 and posed for a photo with its body, but federal prosecutors said he was not supposed to have a gun at that time due to a court order and a previous conviction in 1996 for armed robbery in New Mexico.

He told state wildlife authorities that he committed the robberies while "doing stupid stuff" in college and was "knocking stores over to get travel money," according to court records.

Montgomery claims to have trapped 100 mountain lions in the past five years, and state officials were unable to find any provision in his past plea agreement that allowed him to possess guns, as he claims.

A court appearance was scheduled for Monday to finalize conditions of his bond and house arrest.
https://www.rawstory.com/patrick-montgomery/
Bring a convicted felon, he can’t own or have in his possession a firearm. Some people never learn. They believe they don’t have to follow the laws. Maybe the court will make a believer out of him.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: I Capitol rioter banned from having firearms was just busted on gun charges after killing a mountain lion

Sometimes when I'm like in the supermarket or what not, something like this crosses my memory and I just start giggling. How lame are these people? i mean, does someone tie their shoes for them in the morning?! If I were a felon and had a gun, I certainly would not post pics of me and it to the internet. Clearly a walking talking argument for things we don't want to think about.

Do stupid stuff, do serious time.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: I Capitol rioter banned from having firearms was just busted on gun charges after killing a mountain lion

senorgrand wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:55 am if a BLACK convicted felon assaulted a cop, he would have never gotten bail in the first place. We need to reform the justice system pronto
You are correct about a BLACK convicted felon assaulted a cop would not get bail, because they would be dead.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Think about it. If a Black Panther type organization gathered in DC to claim an election was stolen and stormed the Capitol chanting to hang the VP and prowling for elected officials...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

wings wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:41 pm Hell. If we did it, we wouldn't walk out alive. And let's face it, there's an overabundance of old white guys here.

Well, at least on the forum. Dunno about Discord.
Well, there are a bunch of us here! :roflmao:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."