Re: Massachusetts Democrats introduce bill to ban Smith&Wesson from manufacturing semi-automatic carbines

lurker wrote:more relevant to 2a, lexington and concord
You know the funny thing about it is I’ve been to the “battlefield” (it’s more like a trail, Becuase it was a running fight) many times as it is literally adjacent to Hanscom, AFB where I travel to for work from time to time. The irony is not lost in me that I am not legally allowed to carry in MA as opposed to most places I travel where I am...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Massachusetts Democrats introduce bill to ban Smith&Wesson from manufacturing semi-automatic carbines

Do they have the votes to overcome a near-certain veto from Gov. Baker?
Besides, I thought gun makers couldn't ship new guns to private citizens anyway, but only to FFLs.
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

Troy is not waiting.
Massachusetts Gun Company Moving To Friendlier State
TROY Industries (also known as TROY Defense) is packing up its bags and fleeing the state of Massachusetts for the greener pastures of Tennessee. In a statement, company founder Steve Troy made it clear that the anti-gun ideology in control of state government forced his hand.
“While TROY has enjoyed a very successful period of growth in Massachusetts, the changing climate for firearms manufacturers in the state determined the need for our relocation to Tennessee to ensure the continued success of the company.  We are excited to begin this new venture and appreciate all the support we have already received from Representative Mark Green, Governor Bill Lee and the state of Tennessee in making this relocation possible.”
Just out of curiousity, I wonder how many of these Democrats who are okay with police still being able to have these firearms agree with the gun control advocates like Shannon Watts who’ve declared that “police violence is gun violence”?
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

INVICTVS138 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:23 am I know there is all the history of Small Arms manufacture in New England, a skilled work force, etc...

But they need to punch out of there to AZ like Ruger did. Smart decision to get out ahead of this.

These type of laws (or the threat of them) are just self-aggrandizement that kill jobs in state. If I were S&W, I’d be out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be once. Ruger makes all their semi-auto in Prescott. I could drive there in half a day and drop off my gun if repairs were needed. But I've never had to repair the twenty some Ruger arms I've had.
I was hoping Ruger would move the Marlin manufacturing here. But that is not gonna happen.

Scroll down this old blog and you can see what looks like my Sr9c. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o4jqapDeMEI/T ... _2169S.jpg
Buy the ticket; take the ride