Re: Massachusetts Democrats introduce bill to ban Smith&Wesson from manufacturing semi-automatic carbines

lurker wrote:more relevant to 2a, lexington and concord
You know the funny thing about it is I’ve been to the “battlefield” (it’s more like a trail, Becuase it was a running fight) many times as it is literally adjacent to Hanscom, AFB where I travel to for work from time to time. The irony is not lost in me that I am not legally allowed to carry in MA as opposed to most places I travel where I am...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Massachusetts Democrats introduce bill to ban Smith&Wesson from manufacturing semi-automatic carbines

Troy is not waiting.
Massachusetts Gun Company Moving To Friendlier State
TROY Industries (also known as TROY Defense) is packing up its bags and fleeing the state of Massachusetts for the greener pastures of Tennessee. In a statement, company founder Steve Troy made it clear that the anti-gun ideology in control of state government forced his hand.
“While TROY has enjoyed a very successful period of growth in Massachusetts, the changing climate for firearms manufacturers in the state determined the need for our relocation to Tennessee to ensure the continued success of the company.  We are excited to begin this new venture and appreciate all the support we have already received from Representative Mark Green, Governor Bill Lee and the state of Tennessee in making this relocation possible.”
Just out of curiousity, I wonder how many of these Democrats who are okay with police still being able to have these firearms agree with the gun control advocates like Shannon Watts who’ve declared that “police violence is gun violence”?
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

INVICTVS138 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:23 am I know there is all the history of Small Arms manufacture in New England, a skilled work force, etc...

But they need to punch out of there to AZ like Ruger did. Smart decision to get out ahead of this.

These type of laws (or the threat of them) are just self-aggrandizement that kill jobs in state. If I were S&W, I’d be out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be once. Ruger makes all their semi-auto in Prescott. I could drive there in half a day and drop off my gun if repairs were needed. But I've never had to repair the twenty some Ruger arms I've had.
I was hoping Ruger would move the Marlin manufacturing here. But that is not gonna happen.

Scroll down this old blog and you can see what looks like my Sr9c. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o4jqapDeMEI/T ... _2169S.jpg
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

https://twitter.com/Guntalk/status/1443 ... 67490?s=20
BIG NEWS! Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. announced today that it is moving its headquarters and significant elements of its operations to Maryville, Tennessee in 2023. Smith & Wesson has been based in Springfield, Massachusetts since the company was incorporated in 1852.

9:35 AM · Sep 30, 2021
Gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson moving headquarters to Maryville and creating 750 jobs
Gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson Brands will relocate its headquarters and other major operations to Maryville, a $125 million investment that will create 750 new jobs.

The company, now headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts, will relocate distribution, assembly and plastic injection molding operations to the East Tennessee city.

It plans to break ground in Partnership Park North in Blount County.

Press release:
https://ir.smith-wesson.com/news-releas ... -tennessee
Mark Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, said "This has been an extremely difficult and emotional decision for us, but after an exhaustive and thorough analysis, for the continued health and strength of our iconic company, we feel that we have been left with no other alternative." He specifically cited legislation recently proposed in Massachusetts that, if enacted, would prohibit the company from manufacturing certain firearms in the state. "These bills would prevent Smith & Wesson from manufacturing firearms that are legal in almost every state in America and that are safely used by tens of millions of law-abiding citizens every day exercising their Constitutional 2nd Amendment rights, protecting themselves and their families, and enjoying the shooting sports. While we are hopeful that this arbitrary and damaging legislation will be defeated in this session, these products made up over 60% of our revenue last year, and the unfortunate likelihood that such restrictions would be raised again led to a review of the best path forward for Smith & Wesson."

I'd expect Ruger and Colt both headquartered in CT to follow suit. Ruger and SIG both have facilities in NH, don't know how powerful the anti-gunners are there. Beretta in MD is another that could move south, not just Beretta but Benelli, Stoeger...
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:01 am I'd expect Ruger and Colt both headquartered in CT to follow suit. Ruger and SIG both have facilities in NH, don't know how powerful the anti-gunners are there. Beretta in MD is another that could move south, not just Beretta but Benelli, Stoeger...
Sig has committed much treasure to its facilities in NH, even recently. Until Democrats take over New Hampshire government and hang onto it for a while, I doubt Sig will be in trouble in the state. But I also doubt the company will have a 169-year reprieve before Democrats harass them into leaving.