Re: LGC Bullseye Club Match 18 Opens March 29

Shot my targets on Saturday. Will get scores sent in soon. Did fair with my 10" MkII in rimfire, really let my Dan Wesson down in the centerfire round.

Then I shot the 5.5" MkII for fun and held more shots in the black than with the 10". I may some day admit that gun is too heavy for me to shoot my best! Or I need to go kayaking a lot more and get my strength up to match the weight. Worth a try, anyway.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:02 am Shot my targets on Saturday. Will get scores sent in soon. Did fair with my 10" MkII in rimfire, really let my Dan Wesson down in the centerfire round.

Then I shot the 5.5" MkII for fun and held more shots in the black than with the 10". I may some day admit that gun is too heavy for me to shoot my best! Or I need to go kayaking a lot more and get my strength up to match the weight. Worth a try, anyway.
:)

I shot the "optics" rimfire with my 5.5" Mk IV Target, and the "open" with a 4" 22/45 FrankenRuger. The 4" is SO much nicer to shoot. :)

I can only imagine the front-heaviness of a 10" barrel.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Sent my score in for the center fire. I didn't get a chance to make a rim fire session. I did get some rim fire practice in though. One of my friends is a volunteer for the local humane society. He and I were lamenting how tough it was to clean MKII's. He said he'd do mine if I cut a twenty buck check to the doggies. I was all over that. So I hauled it out to see how it did. Nice. But no bullseye targets shot.
P1010094.JPG
I hadn't shot any hand guns since I last posted about it. Maybe six weeks? So the scores were not good. It just goes to show how quickly hand gun skills perish. This was the timed, what I call medium, string. This is with the Springfield 1911 stainless mil spec.
P1010095.JPG
This is open sights, strong one handed.

I am hoping to squeeze a few more range trips in before I post for the next match. But as always, shooting stuff remains fun.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Apparently the rules and target files got lost. I posted new links to them in a separate message. i'll also post them below.
The LGC Bullseye Club Rules 2020.pdf
(192.37 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
BB_black.pdf
(94.74 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
BB_red_bull.pdf
(94.8 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
BB_green_red_bull.pdf
(98.58 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
BBB_black.pdf
(94.09 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
BBB_red_bull.pdf
(95.13 KiB) Downloaded 240 times