It followed me home.

Something a little less know in the world of stocked pistols & one I've never had the chance to fiddle with before. I love the convoluted history of these, American / Belgian design. Licensed from FN. Made in Canada. For China. Gun Jesus has a good YouTube video on them.

Anywho, this is a Inglis made Chinese contract High power. The major components all match with the original magazine. The stock may be a reproduction, but I'm unsure of that. Its marked "Made in Canada" & has the little wood inserts. It's got an amazing bore & a really good trigger.

Obviously someone at some point had the frame coated. This will be put back to original parkerizing before long, as I do t care for the two to e look.

Wont be able to shoot it before I head back out for work tomorrow, but soon. Snagged a few boxes of range ammo for it. 9mm for $20 a box again. Thats a good thing to see.
Screw communism

Re: It followed me home.

Very nice. Yes anti-gunners will assume the pistol is full auto, it's all emotion.

The Germans invaded Belgium in May 1940 and took over the FN plant in Liege.
As a result of the invasion most of the original technicians had disappeared so German technicians and labor were sent to operate the factory. Some of the former employees escaped to Britain with drawings and manu-facturing notes on the Browning High Power. In 1942 these drawings and notes were sent to Canada where the John Inglis Factory undertook production of this pistol for the Allies.
http://www.acant.org.au/Articles/German ... Power.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

By the way, what is a Fudd? I'm afraid I might be one. Does love of single action revolvers, lever guns, and 1911s make one a Fudd? It's perfect if it's blued and wood. Saw a coach gun at the range yesterday and though, that's cool.

Is there more to it than liking old style guns?

FUDD is more of the old guy know it all. One who buys a box of bullets to sight in their deer gun. fires 5 to 10 rounds to sight it it in, & the rest of the box lasts another decade or two.

Semi autos are the anti christ. If it ain't 30-06 or a deer gun its just wrong. Collecting is stupid. Hand guns shouldn't exist.

They're strictly the animal hunter type who know everything about everything & are happy to tell you that you're wrong. Usually they're harmless, but really damn annoying.

I should probably make a copy of the ATF / NFA exemption for these & keep in the range bag. Deer season is soon, which corresponds with Fudd season. The turkey guys ain't so bad around here. Only sorta Fudd like.

Liking old guns is not a fudd prerequisite. Thats the collector wood & steel fetish / tactical mall ninja debate.
Screw communism

mattgunguy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:09 am FUDD is more of the old guy know it all. One who buys a box of bullets to sight in their deer gun. fires 5 to 10 rounds to sight it it in, & the rest of the box lasts another decade or two.

Semi autos are the anti christ. If it ain't 30-06 or a deer gun its just wrong. Collecting is stupid. Hand guns shouldn't exist.

They're strictly the animal hunter type who know everything about everything & are happy to tell you that you're wrong. Usually they're harmless, but really damn annoying.

I should probably make a copy of the ATF / NFA exemption for these & keep in the range bag. Deer season is soon, which corresponds with Fudd season. The turkey guys ain't so bad around here. Only sorta Fudd like.

Liking old guns is not a fudd prerequisite. Thats the collector wood & steel fetish / tactical mall ninja debate.
Whew! I'm not there. I suppose I can see it from where I am, though as I did sight in my deer rifle yesterday! Because I'm using it on groundhogs lately and my kill ratio isn't what I'd like it to be.

End of thread hijack.

Fudds invariably come out when I’m shooting a braced weapon. “You know you’re just asking for trouble…” M’kay.
Or when I had my Draco SBR out one time. “You got registration papers for that?” Tried to be a smartass…Why no! Should I? 15 minutes of lecture, misinformation, and opinion later I showed him the engraving and tried to set him straight. He switched tactics. “It’s just a worthless toy anyway.”

I am very interested in the idea of shooting a stock mounted handgun. that would help my accuracy tremendously, given the progressive tremor I have.

Lurker I’m going to start a separate C96 thread. Interested in hearing about yours.

lurker wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:16 am i've thought of getting one for my c96. bu no, with my luck i'd get arrested, then shot for mouthing off.
"he claimed it was legal so i shot him in the back because i was in fear for my life."

I've seen them many times with Mauser C96s, but I don't ever remember seeing one on a High Power.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

From what I can figure out, the Chinese contract high powers are almost a direct copy of the Belgian P35. Shoulder stock & all.

I think that people are less aware of the stocked high powers, because they are such a late comer to stocked pistols. Take the stock C96 & artillery Lugers for example, those predate the high powers by several decades & many wars. Stocked pistols also seem to have fallen out of favor by the late 30s.

I'm eager to shoot the thing next weekend. Got a rifle that should hopefully be out of NICS purgatory by then to try out too. Its French.....
Screw communism

CDFingers wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:30 am What an interesting piece. Looking forward to the report. Yeah, in California I'm sure the National Guard would be called to your range with that stock. Hehe.

CDFingers
I'm pretty sure it's legal even in California.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

mattgunguy wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:55 pm Something a little less know in the world of stocked pistols & one I've never had the chance to fiddle with before. I love the convoluted history of these, American / Belgian design. Licensed from FN. Made in Canada. For China. Gun Jesus has a good YouTube video on them.

Anywho, this is a Inglis made Chinese contract High power. The major components all match with the original magazine. The stock may be a reproduction, but I'm unsure of that. Its marked "Made in Canada" & has the little wood inserts. It's got an amazing bore & a really good trigger.

Obviously someone at some point had the frame coated. This will be put back to original parkerizing before long, as I do t care for the two to e look.

Wont be able to shoot it before I head back out for work tomorrow, but soon. Snagged a few boxes of range ammo for it. 9mm for $20 a box again. Thats a good thing to see.
Is the lower duracoated? Looks like hard chrome in t he photos, that's hard to remove. But duracoat is pretty easy to remove. Yeah, I'd put that back to the original parkerized finish, and shoot the hell out of it. VERY cool gun!!
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:31 am
CDFingers wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:30 am What an interesting piece. Looking forward to the report. Yeah, in California I'm sure the National Guard would be called to your range with that stock. Hehe.

CDFingers
I'm pretty sure it's legal even in California.

Probably true, but in CA it's not what's legal it's what anti-gunners "feel", that visceral effect that guns even a hollow stock has on them.

From the link on Bisbee's thread on Asian-Americans.
Six months ago, Svetlana Kim was so scared of guns, she couldn’t even look at an image of one without feeling anxious.

If she was home watching a movie that suddenly depicted gun violence, the 47-year-old accountant would scramble to hit the fast-forward button on the remote. If she couldn’t skip the scene, she would shut her eyes, and her husband would gently put his hand over hers until the scene was over. Kim knew it was just a movie, but in those moments, she couldn’t help but feel like she was in the victim’s shoes, staring the shooter in the eye.
https://time.com/6080988/asians-buying- ... iXcfDL7L0I

Not rational but gun laws are becoming more and more visceral, just the way Bloomberg, Everytown, MOMs and other groups want it to be.