Re: 1/6 Hearings

Wino wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:18 pm It was gut wrenching. All roads lead to orange bag of pus. I don't see how anyone can spin this box of doo doo and make it smell like roses.
McCarthy and the other trumpista lemmings will try. In spite of their nose being up trump's fat ass.

One LEO, "I'm still recovering from the 'hugs and kisses'..what's scary is when trump the traitor said, 'hugs and kisses' and there's video of this'..many of his basket of deplorables believe it.

The spin on Fox News is just pathetic sniveling at this point. It is fun watching conservatives squirm...this is making them very uncomfortable; that's a good thing.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Seems the orange puke's sphincter hold on repubs loosened a bit yesterday - he lost his recommendation in Texas special election and was slaughtered by 1/6 committee testimony. He also, as of now, hasn't commented on either. I also enjoy watching the righties squirm like a can of night crawlers about to become food on a hook. I'm thinkin' they're thinkin' they are riding the wrong horse. Moscow Mitch will be scrambling like a cat on a hot tin roof. FDT

PS: just gotta add - I'm so ef'ing happy I dropped cable TV Jan. 2017 and no longer have access to 24/7 cable news - particularly the trash at Fox - do have one Roku TV that I can stream some stuff I can't get over antenna, i.e. OAN, World Net Dailey and other such crap, but seldom venture there. Did yesterday as only way I had to fully watch 1/6 testimony (ABC then NBC) when ABC on antenna went to talking heads rather than testimony. My entertainment PC connected to TV is so old (Pentium III) it can't handle live streaming without continuous buffering and barely handles WIN 10.
Last edited by Wino on Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:28 am Seems the orange puke's sphincter hold on repubs loosened a bit yesterday - he lost his recommendation in Texas special election and was slaughtered by 1/6 committee testimony. He also, as of now, hasn't commented on either. I also enjoy watching the righties squirm like a can of night crawlers about to become food on a hook. I'm thinkin' they're thinkin' they are riding the wrong horse. Moscow Mitch will be scrambling like a cat on a hot tin roof. FDT
Yep. This is a good sign. And when we see the various clips on the various news networks, it becomes much more difficult to say it was tourists and so on.

Love to watch them squirm, yes. Hope the voters understand.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I seriously doubt many of the right wing diehards will understand anything. It would take a generation of rigorous education and waiting for the generation to die off. They’ll go to their graves protesting their cause and the insurrectionists innocence.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:31 pm I seriously doubt many of the right wing diehards will understand anything. It would take a generation of rigorous education and waiting for the generation to die off. They’ll go to their graves protesting their cause and the insurrectionists innocence.
With them being Anti-vaccine and Anti-Mask that might just be sooner than later.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:05 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:31 pm I seriously doubt many of the right wing diehards will understand anything. It would take a generation of rigorous education and waiting for the generation to die off. They’ll go to their graves protesting their cause and the insurrectionists innocence.
With them being Anti-vaccine and Anti-Mask that might just be sooner than later.
Nature is good at recycling.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

A day after its first hearing with emotional testimony from police officers brought the Jan 6. Capitol attack back into the national spotlight, the House select committee investigating the assault will meet this week on possible next steps, including issuing subpoenas. "I have no reluctance whatsoever in issuing subpoenas for information," Chairman Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Wednesday morning, asserting the committee "absolutely" has the authority. "Nothing is off limits in this investigation."

His comment comes after the Department of Justice said in letters to former DOJ officials and provided to congressional committees that they can participate in investigations related to Jan. 6, according to sources and letters reviewed by ABC News Tuesday, which the House Oversight Committee later confirmed. Therefore, if witnesses try to fight subpoenas, they may have to do so on their own dime.

"Members of Congress have already admitted that they talked to the White House while it was going on. Now many of them are trying to walk back the conversation they had," Thompson said. "We plan to pursue it."

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., who sits on the committee, told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos that the committee had not ruled out calling Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, who has criticized the committee and was vetoed from it by House Speaker Pelosi over comments she said would damage its credibility, to testify.

Jordan admitted on Tuesday evening that he -- like GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy -- spoke to former President Donald Trump on the phone on Jan. 6, and in another interview Wednesday with Ohio Spectrum News reporter Taylor Popielarz, confirmed he spoke to Trump on Jan. 6.

Asked by Popielarz if he spoke to Trump before during or after the attack, Jordan said he didn’t remember.

“I spoke with him that day. After? I think after. I don't know if I spoke with him in the morning or not. I just don't know,” he said. “I don't know when those conversations."

Fox News host Brett Baier also pressed Jordan Tuesday on whether he spoke to Trump that day, and Jordan repeatedly deflected, saying he's "talked to the former president umpteen times -- thousands, countless times."

Baier followed up, "But I mean on January 6, congressman."

"Yes," Jordan said. "I mean, I've talked to the president so many -- I can't remember all the days I've talked to him, but I've certainly talked to the president."

Conversations in Trump's orbit, such as the apparent call with Jordan, are key to what the committee is seeking to investigate, with Cheney saying Tuesday that Americans should know what happened "what happened every minute of that day in the White House."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi affirmed the committee's subpoena power in her weekly news conference on Capitol Hill, but distanced herself from the committee itself as House Republican leaders disparaged the two GOP members who joined the panel as "Pelosi Republicans."

When asked what will happen if House members don't comply with subpoenas, Pelosi emphasized she is not involved with the select committee and "has not been a party to any of those decisions, so I cannot tell you what they might decide."

The speaker also dismissed concerns that there will be political backlash if the committee's work drags out or loses momentum, asked if she would like to see the committee move more expeditiously.

"They will take the time that they need," she said. "We were very late in getting to this because we were striving for the bipartisan commission, which we thought was very possible."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jan-sel ... d=79118740
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The DOJ and courts of recent have been bitch slapping the orange turd along with his mafioso family and Mo Brooks. I wish the wheels of justice churned a bit faster as I'd like to see justice done in my lifetime.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

CDFingers wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:24 am Sometimes political revenge is best served slowly.

CDFingers
You mean "Revenge is a dish best served cold."
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Wino wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:37 am The DOJ and courts of recent have been bitch slapping the orange turd along with his mafioso family and Mo Brooks. I wish the wheels of justice churned a bit faster as I'd like to see justice done in my lifetime.
Hopefully just in time for the 2022 midterms..the GOPathetic are just that...trump making statements chastising any GOP that votes for the infrastructure bill..even if it IS good for their constituents. trump is such a sore loser.

TrueTexan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:12 pm
CDFingers wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:24 am Sometimes political revenge is best served slowly.

CDFingers
You mean "Revenge is a dish best served cold."
The feeling one gets when one stakes one country's traitors over ant hills? Cold like that?

Yes and slowly.

CDFingers

A few more ants have taken a bite or two.
Donoghue’s account of the call shows Trump “directly instructed our nation’s top law enforcement agency to take steps to overturn a free and fair election in the final days of his presidency,” said Oversight Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., in a press release.
The House committee has already started scheduling witness interviews “to investigate the full extent of the former President’s corruption,” Maloney said.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/trump-p ... -says.html

CDFingers

CDFingers wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:21 pm A few more ants have taken a bite or two.
Donoghue’s account of the call shows Trump “directly instructed our nation’s top law enforcement agency to take steps to overturn a free and fair election in the final days of his presidency,” said Oversight Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., in a press release.
The House committee has already started scheduling witness interviews “to investigate the full extent of the former President’s corruption,” Maloney said.

CDFingers
There's always a HUGE chasm between what we "know" and what can be proved in court. To put the SOB's away you need. 1 - Evidence that can convince beyond a reasonable doubt. 2 - A Justice Department with an appetite to try the case.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Trump Urged Justice Officials To Declare Election ‘Corrupt’

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump urged senior Justice Department officials to declare the 2020 election results “corrupt” in a December phone call, according to handwritten notes from one of the participants in the conversation.

The notes of the Dec. 27 call, released Friday by the Democratic-led House Oversight Committee, underscore the lengths to which Trump went to overturn the results of the election and to elicit the support of law enforcement officials and other government leaders in that effort.

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen,” Trump said at one point to then-Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, according to notes taken by Richard Donoghue, a senior Justice Department official who was on the call.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-do ... 8f361d1680

Threats to overthrow a legal election by a Coup d'état is a major felony, Insurrection and Sedition will get you a long time in prison.

The income tax returns of former President Donald Trump can be released by the IRS to Congress, the Department of Justice said Friday.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/trump-t ... -says.html

Leaked in 3...2...1...

I think that's how the hapless R's lose voters, to see how badly they were wrong and how completely and impolitely without lube how deeply they've been screwn. Can't say that I'm sad to know they're feeling those feelings which also have been fucked.

Back to 1/6 on edit, here's Atlantic's treatment:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... me/619621/

Seth Abramson's comprehensive guide:

https://sethabramson.substack.com/p/a-c ... esponsible

House dot gov doc

https://oversight.house.gov/news/press- ... erturn-the

CDFingers

CDFingers wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:21 pm A few more ants have taken a bite or two.

CDFingers
trump the traitor said to rosen "just say the election was corrupt, leave the rest to me"..meaning an armed insurrection on Jan 6th..Just that trump is such an ignorant ass, he thought if the largely ceremonial certification on 1/6 was stopped, he would stay in the WH...