Here are the 5 most shocking revelations from Woodward and Costa’s new Trump book

Astounding claims about former President Donald Trump are being highlighted in Bob Woodward and Robert Costa's new book, "Peril." Here are five of the most shocking revelations from the book.

1. Trump was angry with Paul Ryan for criticizing protestors in Charlottesville because "these are my people."

According to "Peril," as reported by HuffPost, the former president was not pleased when Ryan spoke out against white supremacy after the "Unite the Right" rally that took place in Charlottesville, Va., back in 2017.

At the time, Ryan described white supremacy as "repulsive" after Trump suggested there were good people on "both sides." Ryan also insisted that Trump had "a moral leadership obligation to get this right and not declare there is a moral equivalency here."

A furious Trump reportedly phoned Ryan and chastised him for not being "in the foxhole" with him.

"These people love me. These are my people," Trump reportedly told Ryan. "I can't backstab the people who support me."

2. Trump's claim that there were good people "on both sides" was fueled by "Unite the Right" rally goers' overwhelming support of him.

At one point during his call with Ryan, he admitted that there were "some bad people," but because of their support for him, many of them were also "good people."

"I get that. I'm not for that. I'm against all that," Trump reportedly said. "But there's some of those people who are for me. Some of them are good people."

3. General Mark Milley had defense officials take a secret oath when Trump became too unpredictable following the Capitol riots.

General Mark Milley had great concerns about Trump's mental health following the insurrection on the U.S. Capitol. In fact, he was so concerned about the president's impulsiveness that he secretly had top defense officials take a private oath. They were to report to him first if Trump ordered them to launch nukes.

"No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. The top-ranking military advisor is also said to have "gone around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood."

4. Trump threw tantrum when Pence refused to help him overturn the presidential election.

According to the book, Trump reached an unprecedented point of desperation when he wanted former Vice President Mike Pence to aide him in his effort to overturn the election. According to Vanity Fair, Woodard and Costa detailed one encounter where Trump whined and told Pence they wouldn't be friends anymore if he didn't participate.

After relentlessly pressuring Pence despite him having no real authority to do his bidding, Trump resorted to threats.

"You don't understand, Mike," Trump said. "You can do this. I don't want to be your friend anymore if you don't do this."

"If you don't do it, I picked the wrong man four years ago," adding, "You're going to wimp out."

5. Trump believed Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) betrayed him.

Trump was enraged when McCarthy condemned January 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol. According to Trump, it was the ultimate betrayal. The book sheds light on Trump's reaction to McCarthy's words.

"This guy called me every single day, pretended to be my best friend, and then, he f****d me," Mr Trump reportedly said of the top-ranking Republican lawmaker back in February. "He's not a good guy."

"Peril" Is set to be released on September 21.
https://www.rawstory.com/these-are-my-p ... rump-book/

Just as we expected, the spoiled little rich kid bully that didn't get his way.

I'm sure there will be more stories like these coming out in the next few months. Unfortunately the Tump Zombies will still follow the Orange Menace no matter what is exposed.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Here are the 5 most shocking revelations from Woodward and Costa’s new Trump book

I ordered George Will's new book - American Happiness and Discontents: The Unruly Torren as well as Woodward and Costas new book.
You can't ignore what ole George has to say, the man is a Pulitzer prize winning author and writes columns at the Post.
He's been on MSNBC a lot lately doing his commentary , a man who has great unbiased insights into politics. "Americans happiness depends on the discontent of the opposing side." Paraphrasing
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Re: Here are the 5 most shocking revelations from Woodward and Costa’s new Trump book

George Will is a pretty interesting guy. I had lunch with him around 2010-ish (to the best of my recollection). It was at an economic forum and I was seated at the same table as him, and he was an absolutely delightful conversationalist, and an extremely interesting person. He has a very neat center-right perspective and while I don't much agree with him. I really appreciate that his arguments were based on issues, not tribe...and they were good arguments. I miss that kind of republican; we need more of them.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:07 pm George Will is a pretty interesting guy. I had lunch with him around 2010-ish (to the best of my recollection). It was at an economic forum and I was seated at the same table as him, and he was an absolutely delightful conversationalist, and an extremely interesting person. He has a very neat center-right perspective and while I don't much agree with him. I really appreciate that his arguments were based on issues, not tribe...and they were good arguments. I miss that kind of republican; we need more of them.
He is of the old school Republican, mildly conservative but willing to listen to other ideas and not be totally against change. We lost that in politics with the election of Saint Ronnie Raygun and Newt Grinch, and it has gone downhill since then.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:33 pm He is of the old school Republican, mildly conservative but willing to listen to other ideas and not be totally against change. We lost that in politics with the election of Saint Ronnie Raygun and Newt Grinch, and it has gone downhill since then.
Honestly, I think Reagan would look completely reasonable in comparison to today's gaggle of republicans.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:54 pm
TrueTexan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:33 pm He is of the old school Republican, mildly conservative but willing to listen to other ideas and not be totally against change. We lost that in politics with the election of Saint Ronnie Raygun and Newt Grinch, and it has gone downhill since then.
Honestly, I think Reagan would look completely reasonable in comparison to today's gaggle of republicans.
No no no no no, Ronnie is the crux of all the evil in the republican party. His economic policies that are followed to this day are ruining the lives of generations of Americans . Give all the tax breaks and money to the rich and we'll take care of them lower forms of humans when actually they are driving the rest of the country into poverty.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

TrueTexan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:33 pm
FrontSight wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:07 pm George Will is a pretty interesting guy. I had lunch with him around 2010-ish (to the best of my recollection). It was at an economic forum and I was seated at the same table as him, and he was an absolutely delightful conversationalist, and an extremely interesting person. He has a very neat center-right perspective and while I don't much agree with him. I really appreciate that his arguments were based on issues, not tribe...and they were good arguments. I miss that kind of republican; we need more of them.
He is of the old school Republican, mildly conservative but willing to listen to other ideas and not be totally against change. We lost that in politics with the election of Saint Ronnie Raygun and Newt Grinch, and it has gone downhill since then.
Will is not a center-right Conservative, He's a very right-wing Conservative. But he's a true Conservative and not a fascist radical reactionary racist who calls himself "Conservative". He's also not insane or in thrall to Trump or Trumpism.

One of my favorite columns of his was a March 25, 1984 called "Yippity Yumpies" and a line about an answering machine on the cell phone in the yumpie's BMW. As a still-broke Young Urban Professional at the time, I dreamed about the day I could get rid of my rusting, un-airconditioned 1974 Toyota Corona in baby-shit yellow--the same car in the same color that Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan drove from Chicago to New York at the beginning of "When Harry Met Sally".

(That was when "ride-sharing" meant ride-sharing, not a cheaper, less-reliable and more dangerous alternative to taxis.)
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:22 am
TrueTexan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:33 pm
Will is not a center-right Conservative, He's a very right-wing Conservative. But he's a true Conservative and not a fascist radical reactionary racist who calls himself "Conservative". He's also not insane or in thrall to Trump or Trumpism.

He has this air about him of being old school republican conservative just watching his stoical face and noting his lack of humor. But I like listening and reading him.

FrontSight wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:22 pm I don't think I can ascribe the word "shocking" to Donald Trump anymore. There really is no low he won't stoop to. And if you can dream up some despicable behavior, you can pretty much guarantee that's his norm.
It's all about loyalty to trump the traitor. Anybody who is loyal, even if they are a racists, liars, sexual predators, traitors, is fine and dandy for the mango mussolini.

KKK? They are 'my people'. Qanon? "they are for me"..white supremacists? "they like me'..and so it goes.

FrontSight wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:22 pm I don't think I can ascribe the word "shocking" to Donald Trump anymore. There really is no low he won't stoop to. And if you can dream up some despicable behavior, you can pretty much guarantee that's his norm.
Oh, if iDJT acted with honesty and integrity, I would be shocked.

By November of 2016, I ceased asking "how much worse can he be?" because he seemed to take that query as a challenge.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

He's also a one trick pony. He's the shock-jock of politics and that's really all he's got. He can stir up outrage quicker than anyone I've ever seen in US politics...but that's literally all he has. As a president, he was thin skinned, impulsive, and made bad decisions. Hell of a resume.