Re: Primers available?

They are made to be harder than normal primers to prevent accidental discharge. Doesn't mean they won't work for other centerfire. Appear to also be magnum, so work up your loads, I wouldn't just do a straight substitution for regular large rifle primers.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

58Hawken wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:46 am
papajim2jordan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:51 pm I sound like a broken record. At the moment, Midway has CCI #34 Primers @$77.99 per 1k.
So, to confirm, the #34s are only good for 7.62? Wouldn't work for other centerfire large rifle, e.g. .30-06?
Essentially a magnum primer for lighting spherical powders, and as shinzen says, more resistant to floating type firing pins which leave a somewhat disconcerting mark on primers.

and available now @ midwayusa

lurker wrote:i'm nearing the last of my primers i bought at a gun show sometime in the mid-nineties, price sticker still on the box, $23 per thousand. imagine my dismay when i saw they now go for 3X that. plus some. should have bought more, but who knew?
Imagine your dismay at knowing they were only $35/1000 in 2019…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papajim2jordan wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/265421926688?h ... z#shpCntId

I don' believe that ebay policy permits the sale of live primers, or any other reloading component. USPS would have something to say also, but just for your amusement...
I’ve bought old “uncertainly stored” primers before. 1/5 of them were duds, and unfortunately you don’t know that until you get to the range.

Rust wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:15 pm All right! What powder you got, and what weight bullets?
VihtaVuori N320 powder and Hornady XTP 148gr bullets. I won’t be making any anytime soon, but at least I’m getting some materials. I’ll have to see about some more bullets different grains. It’s a start.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Thanks - I hit that. The rest of the sites selling “in stock” primers are clearly scam sites.

Ends up being 12cpr for the primer (when you add in hazmat and shipping) but I can still load for way cheaper than factory prices even if they drop. This will keep me in business for a year or so w/ .45 colt/.45 ACP.

Hopefully, these will be the only expensive primer I have to buy - ever.