Pro-Trump activists reveal Republican elected officials who participated in planning of Jan. 6 rallies

A slate of Republican members of Congress is being outed by those who attended planning meetings for the protest that resulted in the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, according to a new report in Rolling Stone.
Two sources, according to their story, revealed that Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL), Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC), Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ), and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) were all present on "dozens" of calls with organizers of the group.

Trump aide Katrina Pierson was also named by them a "liaison" between the White House and the rally organizers. Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows was cited as someone who also aided the group.

"I remember Marjorie Taylor Greene specifically," the organizer told Rolling Stone. "I remember talking to probably close to a dozen other members at one point or another or their staffs."
The former president also spoke to the group, saying that they were going to march to the U.S. Capitol and tell the members of Congress that they needed to hand Trump the election. He promised that he would lead them and walk with them, but that never happened.

"These two sources also helped plan a series of demonstrations that took place in multiple states around the country in the weeks between the election and the storming of the Capitol," said Rolling Stone. "According to these sources, multiple people associated with the March for Trump and Stop the Steal events that took place during this period communicated with members of Congress throughout this process."

"We would talk to Boebert's team, Cawthorn's team, Gosar's team like back to back to back to back," the organizer recalled.

While there have been reports of officials being part of the planning, this is the first report from those involved on the inside, willing to go on the record with investigators and the press.

"Nick Dyer, who is Greene's communications director, said she was solely involved in planning to object to the electoral certification on the House floor," said the report. "Spokespeople for the other members of Congress, who the sources describe as involved in the planning for protests, did not respond to requests for comment."

"Congresswoman Greene and her staff were focused on the Congressional election objection on the House floor and had nothing to do with planning of any protest," Dyer said in an email.

"She objected just like Democrats who have objected to Republican presidential victories over the years," Dyer wrote, which is incorrect. No Democrats have ever attempted to stop certification of election results. Greene's office named a list of Democrats, falsely saying that they attempted to do exactly that when it came to President Donald Trump in 2017.

Dyer went on to say that no one in the U.S. cares about Jan. 6.

Ali Alexander, the original organizer of the event is now in hiding, but he's already said in a since-deleted video that Gosar, Brooks, and Biggs all aided his efforts for the event
"I was the person who came up with the Jan. 6 idea with Congressman Gosar, Congressman Mo Brooks, and Congressman Andy Biggs," Alexander said in the video. "We four schemed up on putting maximum pressure on Congress while they were voting so that — who we couldn't lobby — we could change the hearts and the minds of Republicans who were in that body hearing our loud roar from outside."

When he organized an event in Phoenix, Gosar was the main speaker. Alexander even referred to him as "my captain" and called him "one of the other heroes has been Congressman Andy Biggs."

"He just couldn't help himself but go on his live [feed] and just talk about everything that he did and who he talked to," one of the planners told Rolling Stone about Alexander. "So, he, like, really told on himself."

"The breaking point for me [on Jan. 6 was when] Trump starts talking about walking to the Capitol," said the organizer. "I was like. 'Let's get the f*ck out of here.'"

"I do kind of feel abandoned by Trump," the planner added. "I'm actually pretty pissed about it, and I'm pissed at him. What the f*ck?"

"I have no problem openly testifying," the planner also said.
https://www.alternet.org/2021/10/jan-6/

Full long article here
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... e-1245289/

This ain't a smoking gun, it's a full blown smoking cannon. Lock 'Em up and GITMO is too good for them. Send them to ADX Florence in Colorado for life with total social isolation.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Pro-Trump activists reveal Republican elected officials who participated in planning of Jan. 6 rallies

We then add this.
Trump called Willard Hotel 'war room' as allies plotted coup on 'eerie' night before Capitol riot

Donald Trump called into the "war room" set up at the Willard Hotel as some of his chief allies coordinated efforts to block the certification of Joe Biden's election win, according to a reporter who was present.

Washington Post reporter Robert Costa, co-author of the book "Peril" with his colleague Bob Woodward, was outside the hotel on Jan. 5 as Rudy Giuliani, Steve Bannon and others gathered inside ahead of the "Save America" rally, and only now does he recognize the significance of what happened at that time.

"To this day I wish I had banged a little harder on that door, because it was a freezing cold night," Costa told MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "I was roaming around, and it was -- I still remember we talked about it as we were writing it because we didn't know. When you write a book, it takes months to understand the context of what's happening, what actually happened. But that night was eerie."

"We didn't know at the time that Trump's over at the White House, pounding into [vice president Mike] Pence in the one-on-one Oval Office meeting, and then after it doesn't go well for Trump, he calls into the Willard War room, and this is the key thing we found for 'Peril,'" Costa added. "It's not just a Willard war room happening in an isolated way across the street. The president is calling in, Trump's calling in. He's coordinating this effort to speak for Pence. Remember, late at night as you detailed earlier, Trump's issuing a statement saying Pence agrees with me. He's effectively taking over the vice presidency, at least in terms of the public message. This is all just hours before the insurrection."

Woodward said, based on the evidence they're already gathered, that Trump and his allies appear to have committed at least one crime.

"We talked recently with a Republican, former Republican head of the criminal division in the Justice Department, who said there is a lay-down case just in what we know," Woodward said. "It's 18 U.S. Code, section 371. I'm sorry this sounds technical, but it is. It's a law that says it's a crime to defraud the government in any deceptive way, and that's exactly what they did here."
https://www.rawstory.com/willard-hotel-war-room/

How close were we to a true Coup d'état? Very Close.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Pro-Trump activists reveal Republican elected officials who participated in planning of Jan. 6 rallies

Dyer says "nobody cares." Since they always say the opposite of the truth, I think the R's who are complicit are terrified. Since it takes 2/3 vote to expel a member from a house, I don't think we'll see it. But if the D's play it properly, they'll remind the voters of the treason thing and those shitheads will get dis-elected. In a just world. I'm going to paint my R guy LaMalfa with that brush dozens of times in LTTE's before next November.

Nature is metal. We shall see in which way.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

'Call your lawyer': Legal experts weigh in on bombshell report naming GOPers involved in Jan. 6 rally planning

Legal experts including a Harvard professor and a top election and voting rights law attorney are weighing in on Sunday night's bombshell report from Rolling Stone naming members of Congress and the Trump administration who were involved in the planning and organizing of the January 6 rally and/or "Trump's efforts to overturn his election loss," according to two of the planners of the "Stop the Steal" rally.

Rolling Stone reports "planners of the pro-Trump rallies that took place in Washington, D.C., have begun communicating with congressional investigators and sharing new information about what happened when the former president's supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol. Two of these people have spoken to Rolling Stone extensively in recent weeks and detailed explosive allegations that multiple members of Congress were intimately involved in planning both Trump's efforts to overturn his election loss and the Jan. 6 events that turned violent."

Those named in the Rolling Stone report as allegedly being involved include Trump White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), and these members of Congress or their staffers: Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL), Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC), Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ), and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX).

Harvard professor, CNN Analyst, Grip Mobility CEO, well-known national security expert and former Obama Homeland Security official Juliette Kayyem says clearly: "Mark Meadows, just three words: call your lawyer."

Marc Elias, a top election law attorney who oversaw the 50-state response to the Trump campaign's attempts contesting the 2020 election for the DNC calls for every member of Congress involved to be "expelled."

Elie Mystal, the Justice Correspondent for The Nation says this is a matter for the DOJ:

"The potential that Members of Congress were deeply involved in the failed Trump Coup is another reason AG Garland must appoint a Special Counsel to investigate Jan. 6th," says former Nixon White House Counsel John Dean, who also makes clear this is a matter for DOJ. "There are Congressional staff who can testify to the involvement of Members."

Glenn Kirschner, a former federal prosecutor for 30 years, is calling it the "mother of all cover-ups."

Attorney Maya Wiley, an MSNBC and NBC News Legal Analyst and senior vice president for social justice at The New School says it "Certainly explains how hard GOP tried to derail" the January 6 Committee.
https://www.rawstory.com/just-three-wor ... -in-jan-6/

There is going to be a lot of Repugs sweating bullets before this is over. May not take a 2/3 majority to expel the Congress Critters, because conviction of a felony to overthrow the legal government sends them to prison for a long time. and they can't hold office after a felony conviction.

Interesting article, but I don't see much there. What I see are "the usual suspects" with very non-smoking-gun things said about all of them. They're going to need a WHOLE LOT more than this if they're going to try to bring someone before a jury. I don't see anything there a first semester law student couldn't defend.

Good background, you've set the table, and discussed the menu ad-nauseum. Let's bring on the meat!!!
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:12 am Interesting article, but I don't see much there. What I see are "the usual suspects" with very non-smoking-gun things said about all of them. They're going to need a WHOLE LOT more than this if they're going to try to bring someone before a jury. I don't see anything there a first semester law student couldn't defend.

Good background, you've set the table, and discussed the menu ad-nauseum. Let's bring on the meat!!!
I think when the DOJ, FBI and other agencies start really investigating and filing charge or even suggesting charges to staffers of the congress Critters there will be a lot of Turning State Witness happening and more will come out just as we have seen in the past, Watergate and Iran Contra. Especially if the players were told they would get pardons for their actions. I could even see Mike Pence flipping on Trump as Trump will try to blame him and others.

NorthWoods wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:26 pm
CDFingers wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:30 pm At the very least voters should be made aware of the criminality of these scum buckets.

CDFingers
I think most Republican voters endorse the criminality.
Yes, and everyone already knows what happened along with the obvious suspects. Most all deplorable in breeders approve.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

All the usual suspects
...Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL), Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC), Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ), and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX)...
, they would have been on my list.

Don't forget that Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows used to be chair of the House Freedom Caucus, Andy Biggs is the current chair. But there are 40 Freedom Caucus members who aren't among the 6 above.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The former president also spoke to the group, saying that they were going to march to the U.S. Capitol and tell the members of Congress that they needed to hand Trump the election.
Yup, trump the traitor is that ignorant..this largely ceremonial exercise could NOT change any outcome. What trump the dunce wanted Pence to do wasn't possible either.
trump got exactly what he wanted, planned for, helped finance..all except the 'hand the election to trump' part.
Dyer went on to say that no one in the U.S. cares about Jan. 6.
Wishful thinking on the part of the traitorous GOPathetic that planned, organized, financed this event...

Ocasio-Cortez Calls to Expel Members Who Aided Jan. 6 Plot After Fiery Report

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-New York) has called for members of Congress who aided far-right organizers behind the January 6 Capitol attack in their plot to be expelled.

Ocaiso-Cortez’s call was prompted by a report by Rolling Stone which found that officials such as Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Georgia) allegedly aided attackers in planning the attack.

According to two people who planned the attack, there were “dozens” of meetings between the eventual attackers and members of Congress before the attempted coup that led to the deaths of at least nine people. The organizers name Greene, Representatives Paul Gosar (R-Arizona), Lauren Boebert (R-Colorado), Mo Brooks (R-Alabama), Madison Cawthorn (R-North Carolina), Andy Biggs (R-Arizona) and Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) as members who aided in the attack.

“Any member of Congress who helped plot a terrorist attack on our nation’s capitol must be expelled,” wrote Ocasio-Cortez. “This was a terror attack. 138 injured, almost 10 dead. Those responsible remain a danger to our democracy, our country, and human life in the vicinity of our Capitol and beyond.”

Rep. Cori Bush (D-Missouri) made a similar call, emphasizing that her resolution to investigate and potentially expel members of Congress who voted against the certification of the electoral results on January 6 was even more urgent now.

“My resolution to investigate and expel the Members of Congress who helped incite the deadly insurrection on our Capitol is just waiting for a vote. It’s inexcusable to wait any longer,” Bush wrote. “Pass H.Res 25.” The resolution, introduced shortly after the attack, garnered 54 cosponsors.

Ocasio-Cortez had previously described the terror of feeling like she was going to die on January 6 after a close encounter in her office. “It is not an exaggeration to say that many, many members of the House were nearly assassinated,” she said at the time, adding that members’ families were also present that day.

Even before the attack, Ocasio-Cortez has said that she had to go into hiding because of her fear of fellow lawmakers and protesters around Washington, D.C. She called, then, on people like Senators Josh Hawley (R-Missouri) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who were key in supporting President Donald Trump’s completely false election narrative leading up to and after the election, to resign.

Previous evidence and allegations have also pointed to the involvement of Congress members in aiding the attackers, but this is the first time such an extensive list of specific officials has been provided by planners themselves.

“I remember Marjorie Taylor Greene specifically,” one of the planners told Rolling Stone. “I remember talking to probably close to a dozen other members at one point or another or their staffs.” They went on to name other lawmakers, saying, “we would talk to Boebert’s team, Cawthorn’s team, Gosar’s team like back to back to back to back.”

The planners offer some details over what the members of Congress offered the attackers, including Gosar offering a “blanket pardon” in unrelated investigations to help incentivize them to plan the attack. “I was just going over the list of pardons and we just wanted to tell you guys how much we appreciate all the hard work you’ve been doing,” Gosar said, according to the source.

“Our impression was that it was a done deal,” one of the organizers said, “that he’d spoken to the president about it in the Oval … in a meeting about pardons and that our names came up. They were working on submitting the paperwork and getting members of the House Freedom Caucus to sign on as a show of support.”

In return, the members of Congress also asked the organizers of the attack for finding supposed proof for the bunk conspiracy theory that there was election fraud afflicting the 2020 election.
https://truthout.org/articles/ocasio-co ... ry-report/

Expel, Give the guilty parties a fair trial and lock 'em up for a long time.

sikacz wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:09 am I’m pessimistic. The country is so split none of that will stick. Propaganda has done its job.

Sadly you may be right and the full story won't be known for 50 to 100 years when all the archives are open.

As usual AOC throws more gas on the fire.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

AOC simply said what many people of conscience are thinking. Insurgents and Insurrectionists should not hold public office.

I wonder why are many of us Liberals so often handwringers and attack ourselves rather than go on the offensive? There may be a psychological condition here dealing with lack of self-confidence or cynicism/pessimism.

While I do agree that young firebrands are not the best tool to bring about dialogue and change, I believe that idealism and youth are necessary energies at the table to force negotiation; to push strongly for change in the right direction. Without people like AOC in office, we are left with negotiators in the face of openly radical nationalism and fascism (and ultimately corporate interests). How did negotiating work with the Nazis work? It feels we are at a similar moment in history.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:46 pm AOC simply said what many people of conscience are thinking. Insurgents and Insurrectionists should not hold public office.

I wonder why are many of us Liberals so often handwringers and attack ourselves rather than go on the offensive? There may be a psychological condition here dealing with lack of self-confidence or cynicism/pessimism.

While I do agree that young firebrands are not the best tool to bring about dialogue and change, I believe that idealism and youth are necessary energies at the table to force negotiation; to push strongly for change in the right direction. Without people like AOC in office, we are left with negotiators in the face of openly radical nationalism and fascism (and ultimately corporate interests). How did negotiating work with the Nazis work? It feels we are at a similar moment in history.
I agree. I would really like to see all those who supported insurrectionists or were willing participants making them insurrectionists as well, barred from future office and removed from current office if they hold any. They won’t be though no matter how they should.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

There's no way to expel these members from Congress BECAUSE the Constitution says that both Houses make their own rules and can expel a member with a 2/3 vote--that's 290 representatives, meaning you'd need at least 70 RepubliFascists to go along. Unless there's Judicial Law that allows the Federal courts to remove a member, it ain't gonna happen. Of course, the DOJ could prosecute and possibly convict and jail them, at which point the GOP MIGHT agree to expel them so they could be replaced.

Interestingly, this exact same traitorous group sent letters to CEOs of a whole bunch of companies advising them to IGNORE subpoenas from the House Select Committee investigation Jan 6! That, too, may WELL be a felony, too!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

highdesert wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:59 am
sikacz wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:09 am I’m pessimistic. The country is so split none of that will stick. Propaganda has done its job.

Sadly you may be right and the full story won't be known for 50 to 100 years when all the archives are open.

I think the bigger damage even than the insurrection is how many people believe the election was rigged/stolen. Even if we "vote 'em out," if half of the country no longer believes the election results... I don't know how we, as a country, overcome that particular chasm. Yes, the propaganda has done its job. Now what?

featureless wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:20 am
highdesert wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:59 am

I think the bigger damage even than the insurrection is how many people believe the election was rigged/stolen. Even if we "vote 'em out," if half of the country no longer believes the election results... I don't know how we, as a country, overcome that particular chasm. Yes, the propaganda has done its job. Now what?
We need to restore credibility to elected officials and the election process. That doesn’t mean by attacking voting rights. It could be addressed by some type of national voting standards. I just don’t know how we can fix this. We have spent too much time and resources breaking the system and telling people it’s corrupt and everyone that opposes your view is an enemy of the state or the people. I fear we have sown the seeds of our own destruction.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.