Re: not really sure where to put this, so here will do.

HURRAY!

Thinking straight again now that I’ve had a few.
[/quote]

Missed this. In our house, EVER Y day is National Coffee Day!
M.E. Swings Coffee, out of Alexandria, VA. Been roasting their own coffee since 1919. Catered to hotels, embassies and caterers.
We go for any coffee from Guatemala, Brazil, Ethiopia, Uganda, or Zimbabwe. The Guatemala and Ethiopian coffees are the best. I have never tasted any coffee that compares to Swings's roast from these 5 countries. Never. I'm 66, been drinking Swings since I was 30.
Their own blend MESCO, is milder. Good, but not as good as the others. The Costa Rican coffee is also excellent, almost as good as the others. But I'm not crazy about their Columbian. Used to always drink their French Breakfast, now called G Street which is a little less smooth ("bold") than the others.

We are drinking Sumatra coffee right now, and it's very good, but not nearly as good as the coffees from the Americas or Africa.

Pro hint 1): if you like their coffee, the 5# bags are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the 12oz bags! 2) Brown filters make the coffee taste FAR better than white ones. 3) the water where you live makes a difference.

https://swingscoffee.com/
[/quote]
Going out to roast some today.
Fresh roasted coffee smells like a little slice of heaven,
roasting coffee however...
Best done outside.
This isn't going well, is it?
Attachments
3M7A2587.JPG

papajim2jordan wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:08 am HURRAY!

Thinking straight again now that I’ve had a few.
Missed this. In our house, EVER Y day is National Coffee Day!
M.E. Swings Coffee, out of Alexandria, VA. Been roasting their own coffee since 1919. Catered to hotels, embassies and caterers.
We go for any coffee from Guatemala, Brazil, Ethiopia, Uganda, or Zimbabwe. The Guatemala and Ethiopian coffees are the best. I have never tasted any coffee that compares to Swings's roast from these 5 countries. Never. I'm 66, been drinking Swings since I was 30.
Their own blend MESCO, is milder. Good, but not as good as the others. The Costa Rican coffee is also excellent, almost as good as the others. But I'm not crazy about their Columbian. Used to always drink their French Breakfast, now called G Street which is a little less smooth ("bold") than the others.

We are drinking Sumatra coffee right now, and it's very good, but not nearly as good as the coffees from the Americas or Africa.

Pro hint 1): if you like their coffee, the 5# bags are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the 12oz bags! 2) Brown filters make the coffee taste FAR better than white ones. 3) the water where you live makes a difference.

https://swingscoffee.com/
[/quote]
Going out to roast some today.
Fresh roasted coffee smells like a little slice of heaven,
roasting coffee however...
Best done outside.
[/quote]
I used to walk into their building (The Mesco Building) in DC, where they did the roasting and it smelled WONDERFUL! Old galvanized bins of coffee beans. The building is still there but Swings sold it...
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Never developed a taste for coffee, it's tea or diet soft drinks for my caffeine. Growing up it was tea for children with milk, no coffee until we were older. I like the smell of roasted coffee like walking through Graffeo's in San Francisco. I put it down to the acid that even milk didn't neutralize for me. 50/50 coffee and hot cocoa I can drink.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:02 pm Never developed a taste for coffee, it's tea or diet soft drinks for my caffeine. Growing up it was tea for children with milk, no coffee until we were older. I like the smell of roasted coffee like walking through Graffeo's in San Francisco. I put it down to the acid that even milk didn't neutralize for me. 50/50 coffee and hot cocoa I can drink.
Not a tea drinker unless I am sick or in an Asian restaurant.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

highdesert wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:02 pm I've never taken one in for repair, I just buy a new one. I just backup files and stuff to flash drives and put the old one on the shelf, I have to get rid of a few of them after I wipe the disks.
I am pretty much the same, except my older son steered me to a website that allows you to pick and choose components you like--prebuilts ALWAYS have at least one inferior item, be it the power supply, the fans, the ports, the solid state drives, whatever. This allows you decide the quality/cost of the build, and you can upgrade anything you like. I definitely upgraded the fans, SSD, and PS. I'm a HUGE fan of Noctua fans because they are damned near silent and move a lot of air...But I see the the site doesn't list them anymore! :thumbdown:

He built his rig after I built mine, though his is geared towards gaming, which I don't need.

It's free and called logicalincrements.com.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:28 pm
highdesert wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:02 pm I've never taken one in for repair, I just buy a new one. I just backup files and stuff to flash drives and put the old one on the shelf, I have to get rid of a few of them after I wipe the disks.
I am pretty much the same, except my older son steered me to a website that allows you to pick and choose components you like--prebuilts ALWAYS have at least one inferior item, be it the power supply, the fans, the ports, the solid state drives, whatever. This allows you decide the quality/cost of the build, and you can upgrade anything you like. I definitely upgraded the fans, SSD, and PS. I'm a HUGE fan of Noctua fans because they are damned near silent and move a lot of air...But I see the the site doesn't list them anymore! :thumbdown:

He built his rig after I built mine, though his is geared towards gaming, which I don't need.

It's free and called logicalincrements.com.
Thanks for the link YT, I'll check it out.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan